Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Electrical prblems 2005 Chrysler town and country

rrainmanrrainman Member Posts: 2
edited December 2016 in Chrysler
I first noticed my headlights and instrument panel lights flickered over bumps. then the instrument light panel lights went out. then the blinkers stopped working. I replace the fuse and got the blinkers back but not the instrument cluster lights . recently the power door lock stopped working and the windshield washer stopped working I disconnected the battery and reconnected it and got the door locks back but the windshield washer still doesn't work . I've seen a lot of discussion about replacing the ECM and BCM how can I test to find out what the problem is?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    First thing I'd do is make sure your battery connections are clean and tight and that your battery is fully charged. Then I'd check your alternator output, and all your engine-to-frame grounds and battery-to-ground.

Then I would check your fusible links, coming off the + post of the battery.

Then I would do a "jiggle test" under the dash to see if by moving a harness or connector, the problem can be duplicated. That would give you at least a hint of what circuit or area might be causing the problem.

Beyond that, there's not much you can do unless you have the electronics diagnostic skills, the instruments and a wiring diagram to isolate each of those circuits and find the source of interruption.