Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

sda said:

fintail said:

It's so physically close to downtown that I think it was bound to happen. I remember one could see it coming in my great-grandmother's Green Lake neighborhood 20 years ago too - more apartment buildings with little apparent parking, more crowded street parking, facing pressure from commercial development to the north and south, and much of that development not managed particularly well.

I am in Bellevue, which has changed a lot in even the past 10 years - but there's a lot more parking even in new developments. There seems to be more of an understanding that true world class transit is still decades off, and people need to get around.

We love our neighborhood, but I have to say, if I had known that Ballard was going to go so heavily in the direction it has with so little oversight from the city I probably would have looked harder at West Seattle or similar (which was also on our list and where we lived when we moved to Seattle).

It is really very true. My commute, at times, can be staggering. The buses do not run with enough consistency or early enough in the morning to get me to work to take east coast client calls, so we end up driving. We do carpool most days, which is good, but on a bad traffic day it'll take us 35 minutes to an hour to go 5.5 miles.

The reality though is since we both work in downtown Seattle, that living across the water would not improve our commutes at all. I have co-workers that commute from Sammamish and Issaquah, and it can take them 2+ hours on a heavy traffic day.
    Yikes, and I complained about my hour 42 mile commute, 2-3 hours if snow. Everything in perspective!
    My mom used to make a 70 mile round trip commute when I was growing up. On a bad day it took an hour and a half one way - most days 30-40 minutes. But she also worked outside of Philadelphia and was going against traffic.
    Wen I was growing up my dad had a 80+ round trip, he went from a suburb into downtown Chicago and then out to a suburb on the other side of the city. So one leg he was going with traffic and one leg he was going against it.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,562
    abacomike said:

I just found out that my son has not yet received the Christmas Card and check I sent out to him over 2 weeks ago. I mailed out my grandsons' Christmas Cards with gifts enclosed the same time I mailed out my son's. Can't figure it out. Any suggestions? Should I stop payment on the check or should I wait a bit longer? Maybe if I drove out to California in the new car to deliver the card and gift, I could have been sure about his getting it. (How's that for tying this post into cars and conversations?) B)

Check with the bank to see if the check was cashed. Might be a rich mailman running around.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

In non car-related news, my son and I saw Rogue One last night; two BIG thumbs up- it is the best Star Wars movie since the original trilogy.

Best Star Wars movie since the original trilogy isn't saying much. Each movie after the Empire Strikes Back was worse than the one before it

fintail said:

Come to Seattle on a rainy day, if you dare B)

Seriously, it's bad here. Probably less skill than NYC, and a lot more timid. The timidity really makes things worse - ineptitude with slowness.

Ha ha where did you ever get that idea?

you have to distinguish between NYC and NY State as they are two different worlds. Having driven in the city you have to be very skilled or crazy. Upstate folks feel they have the entitlement to drive like idiots as they surf on their cell phone or put on make up. The distance between vehicles makes them feel safe.

Today in the mall parking lot I almost got run over in the crosswalk by a big F-150 driver who thought it was more important to use his gas pedal than his turn signals.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    edited December 2016
    @oldfarmer50:

Nope, check hasn't cleared the bank.  I wonder if the USPS will deliver the Christmas Card and check in 2037 - they've been known to do that every so often.

2021 Genesis G90

AWD provides better acceleration in slippery conditions---that's about it---braking, steering has little, if any, advantage over FWD or RWD equipped with dedicated snow tires. It's all about "go", not stop.

I remember one time many years (decades?) ago I was walking through the parking lot at work heading in during a pretty bad freezing rain. The pavement was a sheet of ice and I was walking very carefully. One of my coworkers had a Jeep and passed me. I saw his break lights come on but never saw him slow down. He put a nice little hole in the side of the building.

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964

abacomike said:

abacomike said:

Welcome back, abacomike! Nice to see you're back and chattin' cars with us again. Is it 60 degrees in Florida?

Nope - 80+ degrees down here!
    Let me join in the ranks of those welcoming you back.

BTW remind me approximately where in FL are you. I am flying down to Orlando next week to Christmas and New Years with the grand kids (OK also with the daughter and son in law if I have to). We also are going to take a few days and look at homes for our retirement (if that ever comes).
    I am in North Broward Country, about 3 miles south of Boca Raton and the Palm Beach County Line. About 200 miles south of Orlando, if that helps any.

And thanks for the warm welcome back.
    200 miles south, that helps, I was going to take you out for lunch but 200 miles is to far for that for the time I will be there. Now if it were 199 miles I could make that but not 200 miles. ;) \

Again welcome back and listen to your body and take it easy when it tells you to you can't go wrong that way.

Take me for lunch then I am in the 199 mile limit....probably about 100 miles from Orlando. :p

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

abacomike said:

@snakeweasel:

Tell you what, snake - I'll meet you halfway so long as you're picking up the check for lunch!  :p

If he does that he can take us both to lunch.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031
    fintail said:

A co-worker of mine vanpools from Federal Way to Bellevue. He can usually make it in an hour or less in the van, but driving alone would require a calendar.

I think licenses are easier to get now more than ever, with privatized testing. Drive around Bellevue for a day, it never ceases to amaze me.

My baptism of fire to Seattle traffic came in '04. First time there, flew into SeaTac, picked up my rental (a beat-up Impala), got a map from the rental place and drove I5 in afternoon rush downtown to my hotel. Next day, out to Redmond on 520 across the floating bridge in brutal traffic. Tooled around Redmond on surface roads, not too bad except amidst all the BMWs I must have stood out like a sore thumb. After a few days visiting points in Eastern Washington on the other side of the mountains via I90, back via I405 thru Bellevue to the Airport. It was all a bit much for a country bumpkin from Nova Scotia. I imagine it is even worse now.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

driver100 said:
    @snakeweasel:

Tell you what, snake - I'll meet you halfway so long as you're picking up the check for lunch!  :p
    All of a sudden you became a partner, driver!  As for halfway, you live WSW of Orlando and I live SSE of Orlando.  Where did you think we could meet snake halfway?  Tallahassee?  Jacksonville?  Atlanta?  B)

2021 Genesis G90

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2016

In non car-related news, my son and I saw Rogue One last night; two BIG thumbs up- it is the best Star Wars movie since the original trilogy.

Best Star Wars movie since the original trilogy isn't saying much. Each movie after the Empire Strikes Back was worse than the one before it
    No plot, just explosions.

The van is still in the shop, doing a repaint on the panel. Didn't meet the collision center's guidelines. We didn't see it and probably couldn't have told the difference.

Either that or they needed something to go pick up a dozen bales around here over the weekend....
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    Today was a zoo- still fun though. I conducted an encore, took one salesman's customers on a test drive(he had another customer), inspected a lease turn-in, and took two ups and turned them over to salesmen. I also might have made my first sale- but I don't want to count my chickens just yet...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

@snakeweasel:

All of a sudden you became a partner, driver!  As for halfway, you live WSW of Orlando and I live SSE of Orlando.  Where did you think we could meet snake halfway?  Tallahassee?  Jacksonville?  Atlanta?  B)

You are near Miami, Snake is going to Orlando. For the sake of this exercise I am just North of Bradenton which is 2 hours south of Orlando, and 4 hours North of Miami. You are 6 hours from Orlando, so you have to drive 3 hours North, Snake drives 3 hours South, I drive one hour South, and we meet in Port Charlotte or Fort Meyers. Do you know any good steakhouses in those towns where Snake can take us? :D

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    2004, the olden days. I swear it is 50% worse now. The Bellevue/Redmond area has grown a bit since then. The BMW thing is still here though, and with the influx of sketchy money playing in the local real estate slot machine, the RR/Bentley/Maserati/Ferrari/McLaren thing too. Eastern WA is driving paradise in comparison, and I usually look forward to driving there.
    ab348 said:

<
    My baptism of fire to Seattle traffic came in '04. First time there, flew into SeaTac, picked up my rental (a beat-up Impala), got a map from the rental place and drove I5 in afternoon rush downtown to my hotel. Next day, out to Redmond on 520 across the floating bridge in brutal traffic. Tooled around Redmond on surface roads, not too bad except amidst all the BMWs I must have stood out like a sore thumb. After a few days visiting points in Eastern Washington on the other side of the mountains via I90, back via I405 thru Bellevue to the Airport. It was all a bit much for a country bumpkin from Nova Scotia. I imagine it is even worse now.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    Sounds like here, just faster. Turn signals? Not with all of the Audis and BMWs around here B)

you have to distinguish between NYC and NY State as they are two different worlds. Having driven in the city you have to be very skilled or crazy. Upstate folks feel they have the entitlement to drive like idiots as they surf on their cell phone or put on make up. The distance between vehicles makes them feel safe.

Today in the mall parking lot I almost got run over in the crosswalk by a big F-150 driver who thought it was more important to use his gas pedal than his turn signals.

stever said:

No plot, just explosions.

They blowed it up real good huh. Mrs D is back home for a few days....so I recorded an old Perry Mason show for fun. Remember when TV shows had plots. These are pretty clever. I don't know how the D.A. guy keeps his job though, he always has the upper hand and then Perry gets his client off by figuring out the real story.
    I like those cars from the 50s though, today's episode had Della Street driving a 60 Ford convertible.

The van is still in the shop, doing a repaint on the panel. Didn't meet the collision center's guidelines. We didn't see it and probably couldn't have told the difference.

Either that or they needed something to go pick up a dozen bales around here over the weekend....
    They haven't fixed your van yet........Maaco gets your car back in an hour!

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited December 2016
    driver100 said:

I like those cars from the 50s though, today's episode had Della Street driving a 60 Ford convertible.

That car looks great. Natural.
    Thank goodness the owner didn't put a continental kit on the '60 Ford and the rubber bumpers on the front. They must sell those things to bling up these at JC Whitney.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited December 2016
    Today was a zoo- still fun though. I conducted an encore, took one salesman's customers on a test drive(he had another customer), inspected a lease turn-in, and took two ups and turned them over to salesmen. I also might have made my first sale- but I don't want to count my chickens just yet...
    You're becoming a real carman - taking "ups", demo drives, etc.  But...a "real" carman knows when he sold a unit - in other words it's either a sale or it's not a sale - definitely not a "...I also might have made my first sale..."! :s

2021 Genesis G90

edited December 2016

driver100 said:
    driver100 said:
    @snakeweasel:

You are near Miami, Snake is going to Orlando. For the sake of this exercise I am just North of Bradenton which is 2 hours south of Orlando, and 4 hours North of Miami. You are 6 hours from Orlando, so you have to drive 3 hours North, Snake drives 3 hours South, I drive one hour South, and we meet in Port Charlotte or Fort Meyers. Do you know any good steakhouses in those towns where Snake can take us? :D
    Driver, I live 200 miles SSE of Orlando - or a 3 hour drive at most.  I'm 300 miles (5+ hours drive) south of Jacksonville.  You have me totally confused - again!

2021 Genesis G90

• jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    @Stever, you still planning on trying to buy that Buick Encore? Waiting for incentives, rebates to go up? 
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    Roadburner, you a sales manager of salesman? Why did you turn two ups over to salesman? What line of cars do you sell? You at the Oxmoor group in Louisville? 
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    abacomike said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

@snakeweasel:

Driver, I live 200 miles SSE of Orlando - or a 3 hour drive at most.  I'm 300 miles (5+ hours drive) south of Jacksonville.  You have me totally confused - again!

Mike, I was trying to find a place equidistant for the 3 of us and I came up with Fort Meyers which is the half way point for you and I, and it is within Snakes 199 mile limit,...160 miles. If you are meeting Snake then you will want to stay on the East coast, and maybe meet in Port Lucie......that is about half way.

It is 3 hours for me to drive to Port Lucie and 3 hours back for a Chick-a-Fil......I don't think so! Maybe if you guys get together and pay for an all expense paid weekend on the beach for Mrs D and Gigi,

driver100 said:

driver100 said:
    driver100 said:
    @snakeweasel:

Mike, I was trying to find a place equidistant for the 3 of us and I came up with Fort Meyers which is the half way point for you and I, and it is within Snakes 199 mile limit,...160 miles. If you are meeting Snake then you will want to stay on the East coast, and maybe meet in Port Lucie......that is about half way. It is 3 hours for me to drive to Port Lucie and 3 hours back for a Chick-a-Fil......I don't think so! Maybe if you guys get together and pay for an all expense paid weekend on the beach for Mrs D and Gigi,
    That's an idea!

2021 Genesis G90

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

@snakeweasel:

Mike, I was trying to find a place equidistant for the 3 of us and I came up with Fort Meyers which is the half way point for you and I, and it is within Snakes 199 mile limit,...160 miles. If you are meeting Snake then you will want to stay on the East coast, and maybe meet in Port Lucie......that is about half way.

It is 3 hours for me to drive to Port Lucie and 3 hours back for a Chick-a-Fil......I don't think so! Maybe if you guys get together and pay for an all expense paid weekend on the beach for Mrs D and Gigi,

That sounds like one of those math questions from high school exams:

"If a driver 100 travels east for 3 hours and a Mike travels west for 200 miles where will Snake have to go to find a Chick-Fil-A?"

Remember to show your work. :D

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132

What if he used a calculator? He can't show his work.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031

driver100 said:

Thank goodness the owner didn't put a continental kit on the '60 Ford and the rubber bumpers on the front. They must sell those things to bling up these at JC Whitney.

I agree. I am not a big fan of Fords from this era generally since the interiors always seemed a bit subpar compared to the General, but I thought the styling of the '60 Ford was the best of the low-priced three that year. Also the '64, which is my favorite Ford of the era. That '60 convertible looks great.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

edited December 2016
    jipster said:

@Stever, you still planning on trying to buy that Buick Encore? Waiting for incentives, rebates to go up? 

Hey @jipster, there was a screamer ad in the morning paper with an Encore listed. So I'm waiting for the salesperson to call. :-)

And I have a appointment Tuesday with the Kia dealer to meet the new GM. Maybe they'll figure out how to order what we want, since they get squat for higher trim Souls in their allotments from Kia.

And I'm probably going to Virginia next month to visit family so maybe I'll shop for a Civic Hatch or Volt and drive something back.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    Steve, you can't go wrong with any on your list...best deal wins.
    edited December 2016
    There are some good rides out there. No wonder people wind up being CCBAers.

Not sure I trust the local dealer for service on a Volt.

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

@snakeweasel:

That sounds like one of those math questions from high school exams:

"If a driver 100 travels east for 3 hours and a Mike travels west for 200 miles where will Snake have to go to find a Chick-Fil-A?"

LMAO oldfarmer. Maybe if you come down to Largo you can get Snake to take you out too! We just have to calculate you into the equation. I think we are looking at Port Charlotte. Snake, bring your American Express card.

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

I agree. I am not a big fan of Fords from this era generally since the interiors always seemed a bit subpar compared to the General, but I thought the styling of the '60 Ford was the best of the low-priced three that year. Also the '64, which is my favorite Ford of the era. That '60 convertible looks great.
    Ab, when I was growing up my father bought a new Ford about every 2 years. My best friend's fathers had Chevs or Pontiacs. I argued Fords were better, and they argued GMs were better. What I wouldn't admit was the GM interiors were much nicer than Fords, no contest. But, some Fords had really nice exteriors.

stever said:

jipster said:

Hey @jipster, there was a screamer ad in the morning paper with an Encore listed. So I'm waiting for the salesperson to call. :-)

And I have a appointment Tuesday with the Kia dealer to meet the new GM. Maybe they'll figure out how to order what we want, since they get squat for higher trim Souls in their allotments from Kia.

And I'm probably going to Virginia next month to visit family so maybe I'll shop for a Civic Hatch or Volt and drive something back.
    Come over Port Charlotte way and get a free dinner from Snake.

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    stever said:

There are some good rides out there. No wonder people wind up being CCBAers.

Not sure I trust the local dealer for service on a Volt.

It actually requires LESS in the way of service so you'll be fine! Plus everyone leases them anyway.
    How about a Soul EV?
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • murphydogmurphydog Member Posts: 735
    edited December 2016
    fintail said:

2004, the olden days. I swear it is 50% worse now. The Bellevue/Redmond area has grown a bit since then. The BMW thing is still here though, and with the influx of sketchy money playing in the local real estate slot machine, the RR/Bentley/Maserati/Ferrari/McLaren thing too. Eastern WA is driving paradise in comparison, and I usually look forward to driving there.

My co-worker lives in Snohomish - he has mentioned how the first half of his commute north out of Redmond is all Audis, BMWs and the like. Then when he crosses the county line it begins to switch to domestic trucks. He of course drives a Sierra 2500 Diesel that he traded a...prius in for! Acutally makes sense, he and the wife upgraded their travel trailer and it was too big for her SUV so he jumped at a chance for a new truck.

Other Seattle comments - There is a war on cars for sure - road and parking diets going on all over the place, new and expensive tolls, massive light rail( don't mind the light rail per se, but it is absolutely stupid expensive and will benefit a very select few), etc... Seems like all of that will be an incredible waste of $$ if we we switch to electric cars especially if self driving becomes a mass reality.
    The Volt is more appealing than a pure EV because there's no range limit. We drive them forever and hate car payments so leasing isn't on our radar (although leasing new tech does has it good points).

@tifighter likes his Soul EV I think, in spite of someone creaming it.

Port Charlotte is ~650 miles from Chattanooga where I'll go from VA, and my brother will be camping in Florida most of January so that could work. A Snake dinner sounds interesting. Can I get hush puppies with it?
  • isellhondas4isellhondas4 Guest Posts: 34
    abacomike said:

So I was making an offer to the General Sales Manager of $82,500 on this 2017 BMW 740i (white exterior with cognac interior) which MSRP'd for $92,000 with the M Package when he coughed, choked, and then threw me out of the dealership. Some days, it just doesn't pay to get out of bed to buy a new car!
    I'm glad to hear you're back. I'm the same old isellhondas but I can no longer check in under that username so I pretty much stay away. I miss all of you! Now, STAY HEALTHY Mike!

Thanks, isell, but I'll be honest with you - if I had to sign in as "abacomike23455", I would sign in anyway.  I happen to like the number 4 - it becomes you, isell!  I enjoy your posts - don't leave me in a lurch - hang around!  :o

That was nice of you to say Mike and I will be checking in.
    fintail said:

A co-worker of mine vanpools from Federal Way to Bellevue. He can usually make it in an hour or less in the van, but driving alone would require a calendar.

I think licenses are easier to get now more than ever, with privatized testing. Drive around Bellevue for a day, it never ceases to amaze me.

murphydog said:

Seattle talk -

My commute works out only because I am in a vanpool. From Seattle to Redmond - no I don't work at Microsoft.

Anyway it is 13 miles from parking lot to my garage. Using the vanpool the drive home is ~ 35 minutes, sometimes 45 on a bad day. My record drive home not in the vanpool was 2 hours and 5 minutes. Needless to say I do everything possible to vanpool

Seattle and snow - always a disaster, I remember watching King5 interview a guy putting chains on his Honda, one chain on a front wheel, one chain on the rear because he did not know if his car was FWD or RWD....I wish somebody would have taken his license on the spot...

You should try going on a test drive with some of these "new arrivals" to our area! How they pass their Drivers License test is beyond me! One of the reasons I got out early!
    fintail said:

Seriously, it's bad here. Probably less skill than NYC, and a lot more timid. The timidity really makes things worse - ineptitude with slowness.

I will no longer drive to Seattle. Too nerve wracking for me now. the 554 bus is wonderful!
    @driver100 said:

"LMAO oldfarmer. Maybe if you come down to Largo you can get Snake to take you out too! We just have to calculate you into the equation. I think we are looking at Port Charlotte. Snake, bring your American Express card."

I think snake would be better off making sure he has a functioning GPS in his car or a portable GPS system rather than an AMEX. With the directions you are doling out, driver, even I would have to have a detailed conversation with my BMW.

When I get into the car, the screen lights up with a "Hi, Mike!" Now isn't that cute? My 740i already knows me! B)

2021 Genesis G90

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    Steve, the NOVA market is big, and cutthroat. Lots of selection and they stock loaded models. So, options to be found, and deals to be made.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

fintail said:

I will no longer drive to Seattle. Too nerve wracking for me now. the 554 bus is wonderful!

Isell, if you really think where you live is a dangerous place to drive, you haven't been to the Southeast Coast of Florida. We have a multitude of interesting "driver types" haunting the roadways down here:

*The "steering wheel blocks my vision" type!
    *The "I only drive on the left side of the road so I can make a left turn more easily" type.
    *The "I forgot where I was going so I'll drive slow in case I get to where I am going" type.
    *The "now where did I put those sun glasses" type as he/she swerves from lane to lane.
    *The "no I won't buy new tires for this car" type whose car has 4 blow-up spares on it.
    *The "I'll use my hands to talk while I'm driving" type to make sure I'm understood.
    *The "no I won't give up my license" type as he/she drives half his car on the sidewalk.
    *The "so what if the speed limit is 70 mph" type as his/her car matches the speed of a turtle.

I could go on and on - but I think you get the point. It's like playing Russian Roulette on these South Florida Roads with these 85+ year old drivers down here who haven't had an eye test or driver's test in 8-10 years. My newly renewed driver's license is valid for 9 years now. Good grief - I pity the drivers around me in a few years.

2021 Genesis G90

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Yeah, and the Vegas area is no bargain either. Lots of bangers and 3rd world types behind the wheel. Insurance - don't bet on that either!
    edited December 2016
    A co-worker of mine vanpools from Federal Way to Bellevue. He can usually make it in an hour or less in the van, but driving alone would require a calendar. I think licenses are easier to get now more than ever, with privatized testing. Drive around Bellevue for a day, it never ceases to amaze me.
    Seattle talk - My commute works out only because I am in a vanpool. From Seattle to Redmond - no I don't work at Microsoft. Anyway it is 13 miles from parking lot to my garage. Using the vanpool the drive home is ~ 35 minutes, sometimes 45 on a bad day. My record drive home not in the vanpool was 2 hours and 5 minutes. Needless to say I do everything possible to vanpool Seattle and snow - always a disaster, I remember watching King5 interview a guy putting chains on his Honda, one chain on a front wheel, one chain on the rear because he did not know if his car was FWD or RWD....I wish somebody would have taken his license on the spot...
    You should try going on a test drive with some of these "new arrivals" to our area! How they pass their Drivers License test is beyond me! One of the reasons I got out early!

Came across the following (below) reading some Hyundai Sonata reviews. Can you imagine this guy coming into your showroom and saying, "WHO WANTS TO SELL A CAR IN 2 YEARS?" :-)

ought the hard to find 2017 sonata eco

by Bob From GA on Dec 4, 2016 
    Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Sonata

I research cars for a couple of years before buying, and this time around I had a list of 12 sedans and SUV's that I slowly eliminated through test drives until ending up with the Sonata Eco. I have 1000 miles on the car and am extremely pleased with it. Before buying, I drove a base model Sonata for a week as a rental and liked the feel of the car. It rides well, has a lot of features, and the build quality is excellent, but it's a bit slow to accelerate, ar

abacomike said:

You're becoming a real carman - taking "ups", demo drives, etc.  But...a "real" carman knows when he sold a unit - in other words it's either a sale or it's not a sale - definitely not a "...I also might have made my first sale..."! :s

Ask me later this week... ;)

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

jipster said:

Roadburner, you a sales manager of salesman? Why did you turn two ups over to salesman? What line of cars do you sell? You at the Oxmoor group in Louisville? 

I'm a BMW product specialist- but a few salesmen are out this month so I'm backstopping them.

stickguy said:

Steve, the NOVA market is big, and cutthroat. Lots of selection and they stock loaded models. So, options to be found, and deals to be made.

I keep reading about amazing Honda deals out there, sometimes more than $2,500 off invoice. I think that lots of dealers are undercutting Fitzmall now and they used to be the standard 4 or 5 years ago.
    The days before Christmas were always very slow but the week between Christmas and New Years was GANGBUSTERS! Nobody takes a day off. One year I sold (I think) 22 cars that week!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    abacomike said:

@driver100 said:

"LMAO oldfarmer. Maybe if you come down to Largo you can get Snake to take you out too! We just have to calculate you into the equation. I think we are looking at Port Charlotte. Snake, bring your American Express card."

I think snake would be better off making sure he has a functioning GPS in his car or a portable GPS system rather than an AMEX. With the directions you are doling out, driver, even I would have to have a detailed conversation with my BMW.

When I get into the car, the screen lights up with a "Hi, Mike!" Now isn't that cute? My 740i already knows me! B)

"Open the door, Hal"

"I'm sorry Mike. I can't let you do that".
    edited December 2016
    Does it say other things, like;
    "I think we need gas Mike"
    "Let's get a car wash Mike"
    "Do you wanna coffee Mike?"
    "Hi Mike, I am Christine"
    "Don't even think of trading me in.....Mike"