Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

CVT Transmission problem in 2015 Accord

sweenerdsweenerd Member Posts: 1
edited February 2016 in Honda
My car started jerking when driving at any speed. Has about 8,600 miles on it. It felt like transmission wanted 'downshift' off and on. Took it in for service. They decided it need to have the transmission replaced! They had to provide Honda proof that it was a bad transmission. Transmission is on order!

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well that's what warranties are for. Probably the transmission is fixable as is, but they don't want to fix it.. It's easier and less risky to just R&R the unit.
  • toneycrosstoneycross Member Posts: 2
    My 2013 Accord Sport does the same thing. I have 32,000 miles on it now. It does this everyday.. do we have 5 years 60,000 miles warealty on the transmission? My dealer won't even discuss the idea of a defective transmission.  
  • liaisonliaison Member Posts: 49
    I was wondering if anyone has experienced hesitation when accelerating. I have a 2014 EX-L V6 and when driving in Eco mode would experience hesitation. Not good when pulling out in oncoming traffic. I took it of Eco and have not had any problems but my wife complains of hesitation. Told the service advisor about it the last time I had the oil changed and he said it is a common complaint of the CVS tranny and seemed to be unconcerned. I would like to hear back from others.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I'm wondering if what you are experiencing is a result of being in "eco" mode. I know that in some cars, like say the Toyota Avalon, "eco" mode will dial back throttle response, so you'll definitely be "slower off the line"--and the fact that switching to "normal" mode cures this kind of response reinforces my suspicion.

Best thing I can suggest is to drive another 2014 on the dealer's lot and see if it's the same.

All I can say for sure is that "eco" mode is supposed to diminish throttle response.
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    V-6 Accords do NOT have the CVT tranny! They have an old, reliable 6-speed AT. That said, ECO mode may be to blame. try here for more info:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/86-9th-generation/