Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Does car color make a difference while selling the car ?

rajesh9rajesh9 Member Posts: 11
edited December 2016 in Honda
I got an offer from one of the dealer where he is selling honda accord sport 2015 version at 18 K and this is white orchid in color , but i was looking for the black and there is another dealer who is selling at the same rate but 2014 model, so wanted to know whether this white color is good ? Does color make any difference if we are buying or selling the car

Appreciate your input

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    rajesh9 said:

I got an offer from one of the dealer where he is selling honda accord sport 2015 version at 18 K and this is white orchid in color , but i was looking for the black and there is another dealer who is selling at the same rate but 2014 model, so wanted to know whether this white color is good ? Does color make any difference if we are buying or selling the car

Appreciate your input

It only matters to you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    75% of all cars are sold in black, white, silver or gray.
  • Options
    huskerfan8huskerfan8 Member Posts: 10
    Statistically, the two most important factors in car buying are price and color.

White is the most popular color (at least, that's what a car salesman told me when I was looking at Toyotas. I assume that it would hold true for Hondas as well.)
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I would say silver is number one at least around here. In hot parts of the country it is nearly impossible to sell a black or dark colored car. Holding out for a certain color on a used car can be difficult and expensive if the store knows that's the only color you'll take and he happens to have one in stock!

I used to love it when I had a customer like that!