Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Those manufacturer to dealer incentives don't have to be passed on to the consumer, it's up to the dealer. That's one reason they don't publicize them.
  • friarfunkfriarfunk Member Posts: 19
    Cars.com actually has the incentive listed as $1600 bonus cash for a few places near me, which may explain why dealers are calling. They move a car and keep $600 for themselves. At $4300 under invoice, though, I'm not exactly going to spend much time fighting over that piece of it.
  • bstokesrealtorbstokesrealtor Member Posts: 2
    Annapolis, MD 2017 Honda Accord Sport Special Edition in Modern Steel Metallic

21491 sale price
    835 Destination
    699 Dealer proc. fee
    + Tax tags title
    OTD price of 24795.14 from a Tysons corner VA dealer
    not including recent grad discount or military discount if applicable

OTD price 24227 from Cockeysville, MD Dealer

and I have two other dealers stating they will beat any offer in writing.

Will they really go lower than these quotes? if so how low!

thanks
    Thinking about the big incentives on the regular Accords and huge ones on the Hybrids: has Honda positioned their MSRP too high for the hybrids? I wonder if this will be a longer-term thing where they keep the MSRP high for prestige--look guys, a $36k Accord, it's practically an Audi!--but actually provide regular dealer incentives to sell them well under as standard practice.

That said, I've never bought a car in December, so maybe this is just an aspect of the end-of-year blowout brian125 has referred to many times.
  • scotwins77scotwins77 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2016
    I was just quoted $24,999 for a 2017 Accord Sport SE OTD in DE. Seems a little high? Should I inquire elsewhere? Thanks
    edited December 2016

Annapolis, MD 2017 Honda Accord Sport Special Edition in Modern Steel Metallic

21491 sale price
    835 Destination
    699 Dealer proc. fee
    + Tax tags title
    OTD price of 24795.14 from a Tysons corner VA dealer
    not including recent grad discount or military discount if applicable

OTD price 24227 from Cockeysville, MD Dealer

and I have two other dealers stating they will beat any offer in writing.

Will they really go lower than these quotes? if so how low!

thanks

Hi @bstokesrealtor, your Tyson' Corner sale price ($22,326 with destination) is about $2,500 below invoice. That's good and pretty typical for the DC area. TMV is around $24,049. That's a bit less than 17% off MSRP. Let's add in $500 for the high doc fee and you're still ~16% below MSRP.

Go to Cockeysville and you're back to ~17% below MSRP.

Great area to buy in, hard to go wrong even if you don't get another dealer to beat the MD quote.

I'm assuming this is the automatic btw.

friarfunk said:

Thinking about the big incentives on the regular Accords and huge ones on the Hybrids: has Honda positioned their MSRP too high for the hybrids? I wonder if this will be a longer-term thing where they keep the MSRP high for prestige--look guys, a $36k Accord, it's practically an Audi!--but actually provide regular dealer incentives to sell them well under as standard practice.

That said, I've never bought a car in December, so maybe this is just an aspect of the end-of-year blowout brian125 has referred to many times.

Excellent question. I didn't expect 2017 prices to drop so fast but we're seeing the kind of deals we saw later in the model year for the 2016s. My guess is that Honda is giving the dealers lots of bonus money enabling them to give buyers good deals.

Not sure about the hybrid incentives - maybe they need to sell x amount of them to avoid fleet CAFE penalties.

I got a car one December, wrote the check on the last day of the year. Still left money on the table because the automaker had decided that the year really ended on Jan 4th or so. Honda's current incentives go through 1/3/17 so the car buying "Super Bowl" may last until then.

I was just quoted $24,999 for a 2017 Accord Sport SE OTD in DE. Seems a little high? Should I inquire elsewhere? Thanks

Welcome @scotwins77, I don't know your taxes but I'd use that $2,500 off invoice number that @bstokesrealtor got and add in your taxes for the OTD number and see how that compares to your quote.

But yeah, seems a bit high. More quotes can't hurt.
  • ghost_207ghost_207 Member Posts: 4
    2017 accord cvt sport
    Market Value
    Vehicle Price
    Accessories
    Document Prep Fee
    License / Title
    Tire/Battery/VTR Fee
    Sales Tax
    Due On Delivery
    Tax:
    8.75 %

Do you guys think i can get it down to 23000 out the door or this a good deal for north cal?
    thanks
    Sorry @ghost_207, overlooked you the other day.

I just saw a quote for $2,700 under invoice for an EX-L in Socal.

Invoice on your Sport is $23,909. So $3,000 off would be ~$21,000 and that may be too much of a stretch for a selling price. $23k OTD seems a bit too ambitious.

But who knows, may as well float your number.

Let us know how it goes and good luck!
  • bstokesrealtorbstokesrealtor Member Posts: 2
    Just signed the papers on a 2017 Honda Accord sport SE 
    msrp 27050 with freight included
    sale price 20,491
    frieght 835
    pro pack 575 ( wheel locks mud flaps)
    tax tags title
    dealer processing 300
    OTD 23850

Luarel, md
    Very good - congrats!
    Done deal on a 2017 Accord Hybrid EX-L! Registered in DC, purchased in northern Virginia.

Sale price: $25,720
    Freight: $835
    Dealer processing: $599
    Tags/title: $206
    Sales tax waived for >40 mpg hybrids registered in DC
    OTD: $27,361

Drives like a dream. 45 mpg on the first drive! This is gonna be a fun one.
    45mpg in DC traffic? Terrific!

Congrats!
    I know! That was through mixed usage--heading into the city on the interstate, wiggling through downtown, and picking up a few of the major north/south arteries. I feel all fancy.
  • r_dewsr_dews Member Posts: 7

sale price 20,491
    frieght 835
    tax tags title
    dealer processing 300
    OTD 23850

Luarel, md

Would you mind posting the name of the dealership? I live in the same area.
    Speaking of dealerships--in the DC area, I found that Autonation Honda Dulles, Pohanka, Honda of Chantilly (another Pohanka), Ourisman Honda, and Bill Page Honda were the best to work with on both prices and efficiency. All were responsive to internet queries, willing to negotiate, and very low BS. Give them a shot if you're in the market.
  • rajesh9rajesh9 Member Posts: 11
    I got price promise of 21550 as base price and OTD price as 24032 , I asked for base price as 20000 but they did not gave me , so thinking to ask for 20500 which will in turn OTD as 22934 .. Please let me know if this will be fair price or should i wait for some more time ( like mid of Jan)

Thanks to this forum and Edmund group this really educated me a lot and helped myself to do some savings :)
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,983
    These steeply discounted prices for new Accords are tempting. I guess with midsize car sales decreasing, a newly designed '18 Accord in the wings and a lot of new and attractive SUV/CUVs such as the new CR-V have really put the pressure on pricing to move Accords.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

rajesh9 said:

I got price promise of 21550 as base price and OTD price as 24032 , I asked for base price as 20000 but they did not gave me , so thinking to ask for 20500 which will in turn OTD as 22934 .. Please let me know if this will be fair price or should i wait for some more time ( like mid of Jan)

Thanks to this forum and Edmund group this really educated me a lot and helped myself to do some savings :)

Since the average seems to be running around $23,400 for the Sport, I think you are doing well.
  • palmettomompalmettomom Member Posts: 3
    It's been many years since I visited these forums but it's that time again - time to purchase me a new car. So of course I think where is the best place to research cars....I'm back!  LOL !!
    The information on these boards are the best! I am looking to purchase a 2017 Honda EX-L with sensing and navigation and I am located in Columbia, South Carolina! There are lots of dealerships in the area but past experiences lead me to venture outside of the city to others areas. I am not in a hurry to purchase but plan to between now and February. So not looking forwarding to adding the third driver to my insurance policy - teenagers are so expensive !! 
    I would greatly appreciate any advice on pricing ! Seems that the best time to buy is soon
  • bhv8202bhv8202 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a Honda Accord sedan LX with Sensing in the Bay Area. How much is a good price before tax and license fees? Thank you.
    Welcome back @palmettomom - it was just over ten years when you first posted here about getting an '06. I love seeing people "drive them forever".

For your area, the True Market Value average price paid is about $770 below the invoice of $29,236. MSRP is $31,655.

So TMV ($28,464) is a bit more than 10% off MSRP.

Now, we know that there's some great deals around for Accords. 15% off MSRP would be $26,900. That's about $2,300 below invoice. I think that would be a good target to shoot for.

This next week is a good time to buy, but there may be some more deals for Super Bowl. Maybe get a big TV for the kiddos with a new car. :)
    edited December 2016
    bhv8202 said:

I am looking to buy a Honda Accord sedan LX with Sensing in the Bay Area. How much is a good price before tax and license fees? Thank you.

Hey @bhv8280, welcome.

Usually we'd suggest 8 to 12% off MSRP, but for an Accord right now, 15% or better would be "good".

TMV is $22,541 and Invoice is $22,942. So the average price paid for San Fran is already $400 off invoice. MSRP is $24,990.

So again, we see TMV coming in around 10% below MSRP. 15% off would be ~$21,250 and that would be a good target selling price to try to get. One advantage that you have is that California limits doc fees to $80.

Should mention for both you and @palmettomom that all my numbers include the $835 destination. And it never hurts to check my numbers. ;)
  • buccsfan22buccsfan22 Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2016
    Still in the market for the 2017 Accord Sedan EX-L (No Navi or Sensing).

Best offers I have OTD at the moment are 27,500/27,600/27,900

Zip code is 08046.

I am about $1,100 under the Edmunds TMV at the moment. Think I can get these down to 27k, or even 26.5k, OTD??

Am also considering emailing a few dealers who still have 2016s available and just sending a 26.5k offer to buy right away.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited December 2016

Still in the market for the 2017 Accord Sedan EX-L (No Navi or Sensing).

Best offers I have OTD at the moment are 27,500/27,600/27,900

Zip code is 08046.

I am about $1,100 under the Edmunds TMV at the moment. Think I can get these down to 27k, or even 26.5k, OTD??

Am also considering emailing a few dealers who still have 2016s available and just sending a 26.5k offer to buy right away.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

buccsfan22 when you post in these forums asking for general help post your buying state (not a zip code ) and breakdown your deal with a agreed vehicle price before OTD numbers . . Most poster in this forum don't live in NJ or would care to google your zip code to help you.

Post your agreed selling price so posters in here can help you . OTD numbers are a guessing game for most because you Cant tell what dealers fees, doc fee, taxes, dmv fees, are applied to your OTD only price.

In NJ on 2017 model's ........A $2000 to $3000 below your models invoice is where you end up. the higher below invoice number will depend on how many dealers you get involved at the end of the month and negotiating skills.

Pit these dealers against each other on the last 2 days, last day this month

Auto-Sport, Garden State, DCH Paramus, and Kay, Route 23, Madison , Joyce, Clinton, and Burns .

Good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

edited December 2016
    Hey @buccsfan22,

Invoice is $29,089, MSRP is $31,730 and TMV for your zip is $28,465.

So, $27k plus TTL, per our resident NJ/NY expert. :)
  • jklentzinjklentzin Member Posts: 3
    I emailed a bunch of dealers in Socal. MSRP about $28k range, for EX-L with sensing. Most quotes coming back at $24.5k
  • tx78681tx78681 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2016
    @bstokesrealtor said:
    sale price 20,491
    frieght 835
    tax tags title
    dealer processing 300
    OTD 23850

Just wanting to confirm that this is the full, leather clad, Sport SE and not the "base" Sport (with partial leather)? Many thanks...John
  • honda888honda888 Member Posts: 17
    tx78681 said:

@bstokesrealtor said:
    sale price 20,491
    frieght 835
    tax tags title
    dealer processing 300
    OTD 23850

Just wanting to confirm that this is the full, leather clad, Sport SE and not the "base" Sport (with partial leather)? Many thanks...John

Yeah the SE trim has the black leather trim. The regular Sport just has cloths i believe...
    Good price!
  • honda888honda888 Member Posts: 17
    jklentzin said:

I emailed a bunch of dealers in Socal. MSRP about $28k range, for EX-L with sensing. Most quotes coming back at $24.5k

According to NADA MSRP is $31,655 (with sense/nav)
    Invoice is $29,020

So $24,500 would put you $4,520 under invoice?? Wow
  • andreaaesandreaaes Member Posts: 4
    Dallas, Texas

What's a reasonable out the door price for a 2017 honda accord ex l?
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    Unbelievable low prices on a great car, my question is, can one lease an Accord based on these low selling prices, or some of the discounts don't apply to leases?
  • psl25201psl25201 Member Posts: 5
    Lots of great discussion on here. It's been interesting reading through the threads.

I am in search of the Accord Touring and initially, I'd thought to go over after a certified model. Then I found new 2017's at a dealership in Georgia for $29,808. This is anywhere from $3-$5k less than what I have typically found. There hasn't been a lot of discussion on here regarding the Touring so I was just curious if any of you had a thought on how that price looked.

I am in Nebraska but willing to buy online/over the phone without seeing the car first. I know I'm probably leaving out some particulars so please let me know if other information is needed. Thanks in advance!
    andreaaes said:

Dallas, Texas

What's a reasonable out the door price for a 2017 honda accord ex l?

Hi @andreaaes, I'm not sure what to tell you at this point. From recent posts, it looks like deals can be had anywhere from $2,000 off to $4,000 off. And that's off invoice.

Best send out quote requests to as many dealers in your area as you can, and expand your area to cities that may be a bit of a drive away. Hopefully that'll give you two or three quotes you can work from.
  • andreaaesandreaaes Member Posts: 4
    Dallas, Texas

Recvd an OTD price of 26,620.32 from local dealer for 2017 Honda Accord EXL (includes projection package - cargo tray, wheel locks and splash guards.) With an MSRP of 29,655, wondering if that's a good deal.

Thanks,

Andrea
  • hondax4hondax4 Member Posts: 24
    Like palmettomom i've been away enjoying my 2012 SE and 14Crv. I was thinking of giving the 12se sedan to daughter and picking up a 2017. IMO it's one of the best values Honda offers and I dont need a sunroof. Bstokesrealtor what city are you in? Great deal!
    andreaaes said:

Dallas, Texas

Recvd an OTD price of 26,620.32 from local dealer for 2017 Honda Accord EXL (includes projection package - cargo tray, wheel locks and splash guards.) With an MSRP of 29,655, wondering if that's a good deal.

Thanks,

Andrea

Looks like your selling price before taxes is ~$25,000. That's a bit more than 15% off MSRP. It sure sounds good.
  • hondax4hondax4 Member Posts: 24
    You don't mention sales price but I'm in Houston so I know Tx is 6.25. given even a small doc fee and tags, your under 25k. With some of the goodies thrown it's a great deal. You might wait until 31st and save 100-200 but if you buy now you drive over the holidays! Go for it.
  • r_dewsr_dews Member Posts: 7
    I got a couple of quotes yesterday from a dealership in Bethesda, MD. The quote for the 2017 Accord Sedan Sport SE was $22,320 (incl destination charge) plus fees (incl $995 dealer accessories reduced to $825).

The other quote I received was $25,009 (incl destination charge) plus fees (incl $995 dealer accessories reduced to $825) for a 2017 Accord Sedan EX-L.

I'm not planning to pay the above quoted prices for either vehicle. Just trying to figure out a counter offer. Any thoughts?
    edited December 2016
    I would figure out the MSRP for both styles and whack 15% off those numbers, add in your taxes and fees and see how those totals compare to your OTD quotes.

If they are close, go for broke and try 18 to 20% off MSRP plus TTL. If they aren't close, then try for 14 to 15% off.
  • adnansajid33adnansajid33 Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys, reading this post and comments have given me a rough idea on what to expect. However, this is my first time purchasing a car. I am looking at 2017 accord ex-l with honda sensing, I am located at Tempe, Arizona. Can anyone help me on what an OTD price would be for my area?
  • acuranj18acuranj18 Member Posts: 16
    any feedback on what Touring sedans are going for in New Jersey?
    Don't know @acuranj18 other than the "go for broke" percentages posted above. After all,

The Best Week Of The Year To Buy A Car Is Here (Forbes)
  • adnansajid33adnansajid33 Member Posts: 3
    stever said:

Don't know @acuranj18 other than the "go for broke" percentages posted above. After all,

The Best Week Of The Year To Buy A Car Is Here (Forbes)

Dealer has quoted me $24,698 +tax,title,license,fees & adds for an accord ex with honda sensing. I want to actually aim for an ex-l but is this typical price for Arizona?
    edited December 2016
    Invoice is $26,620, MSRP is $28,365 and the True Market Value average price paid for a Phoenix zip is $25,344. Figure about the same for Tucson, a little bit higher if you are somewhere like Cave Creek or Flag.

I've done a little email car shopping in Tucson and read quite a few net reviews for AZ dealers and they didn't knock my socks off with deals.

Your quote is around 13% off MSRP. TMV is around 10% off. So I think you're a bit better than "typical" right now. 15% off would be $24,110 and that may be too skinny for your dealer.
  • katanadckatanadc Member Posts: 2
    Looking for some feedback on my quote. I think I can do better?

Accord Sport Sedan CVT

Sales price: 21,235
    Tax: 8.75% (So Cal)
    OTD: 23,450
  • rick2017accordrick2017accord Member Posts: 3
    Just wanted to report and get feedback on deal, or not. Live in High Point/Greensboro Area, NC

Traded in a 2005 Civic VP. Loved the car but after 300k, she just didn't want any more and the engine had a pretty decent knock.

Purchase Date: October 21, 2016.

2017 Accord EX CVT: $21,500 OTD

Breakdown

Selling price: $20,249.35 (after $921.87 is deducted from trade in)
    Tax: $623.65
    L&T: $88
    DOC: $539
    Total: $21,500

I think the breakdown numbers are all correct!

edited December 2016
    katanadc said:

Looking for some feedback on my quote. I think I can do better?

Accord Sport Sedan CVT

Sales price: 21,235
    Tax: 8.75% (So Cal)
    OTD: 23,450

Better? Not really (but I tend to underestimate sometimes). Your quote is almost 15% off MSRP. TMV for LA is more like 10% off MSRP. So your $21k number sounds good.
    Congrats @rick2017accord!

This is an example of how I get into trouble @katanadc. I think Rick's Accord has an MSRP of $27,365, and he got ~20% off MSRP. The doc fee was a bit high and maybe the dealer lowballed some on the trade-in (unlikely on a 11 year old, way miled up car, even if it was a Honda). Not to mention that NC isn't known for exceptional Honda deals. That sounds killer @rick2017accord.