Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Toyota Camry Purchasing Deals and Prices

tashi101tashi101 Member Posts: 5
edited September 2017 in Toyota
Hi fellows,

I totaled my car in an accident recently.

I am looking for some advice on Camry LE buying. Please share your buying experiences or even just quotes from dealers. I am in chicane region, but can travel near by if it will save me some money.

Appreciate your time and help on this.

- Tashi

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,978
    tashi101 said:

Hi fellows,

I totaled my car in an accident recently.

I am looking for some advice on Camry LE buying. Please share your buying experiences or even just quotes from dealers. I am in chicane region, but can travel near by if it will save me some money.

Appreciate your time and help on this.

- Tashi

There is a dedicated Camry buying forum, though it isn't all that active.

Post your question there and it's likely that one of our experts will pop in and assist.

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/38973/toyota/camry/2016-toyota-camry-prices-paid-and-buying-experience#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jfn1000jfn1000 Member Posts: 40
    I am in the Boston area and in the last few days had quotes from several dealers for 2017 LE's, each was about $4900 off base MSRP, though then tack on a $350-400 doc fee. I was also quoted a discount of 5900 off MSRP on 2017 XSE model stickering around $29k.
  • sandydee1sandydee1 Member Posts: 26
    Over the weekend, I bought a 2017 Camry MSRP 24,230 (only option was carpet mats) for 19,600. The documentation fee was $150.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,702
    sandydee1 said:

Over the weekend, I bought a 2017 Camry MSRP 24,230 (only option was carpet mats) for 19,600. The documentation fee was $150.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jfn1000jfn1000 Member Posts: 40
    I will be picking up my new 2017 Camry XSE tomorrow. I am pretty much fully loaded with convenience package, Technology package, rear/cross path detection, sunroof & JBL premium, mats. MSRP 31,119. Selling price $25k even + 359 doc fee + sales tax etc.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,702
    jfn1000 said:

I will be picking up my new 2017 Camry XSE tomorrow. I am pretty much fully loaded with convenience package, Technology package, rear/cross path detection, sunroof & JBL premium, mats. MSRP 31,119. Selling price $25k even + 359 doc fee + sales tax etc.

Congrats! Looks like a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ebenvenutiebenvenuti Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys -

What type of discount off MSRP are you seeing on the new 2017 XLE with a MSRP around ~$35K. I understand MF/residual is not available yet but any other Intel I should know going in.

Thanks!!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited September 2016
    The True Market Value average price paid for a Dallas zip code area is about $1,300 below invoice (I just did a base XLE V6 with no options).

That's due to a current $2,000 incentive - otherwise TMV is about $700 more than invoice. Naturally that incentive doesn't apply with a lease.

Same car in NC is going for $700 below invoice before the incentive. I thought Texas Honda dealers were bad, but it sounds similar in LA (my TMV link may default to LA btw, but there's a spot to change it).
  • makaleemmakaleem Member Posts: 4
    Hello Moderators,
    I am looking to purchase a 2017 Camry XLE V6 in Allentown, PA (zip 18031). I know there are incentives valid until 10/31/16. With all the incentives like Cash Back $2000, Bonus Cash $500 and the AAA discount $200, what price out of the door should I offer to the dealer? PA taxes are 6%. Are the discounts subtracted from invoice price in calculating the offer or from MSRP? I am planning to make the purchase before 10/31 and I would really appreciate your input.

Thank you.
    Abdul
    Hi Abdul, I get $29,412 for the invoice. With the factory incentives ($2,500), the True Market Value average price paid for your area is $27,601.

I'm not sure how much lower you can go on the selling price - without the incentives, the TMV is about $700 more than invoice (all my numbers include the $865 destination btw).

There is about a $400 "adjustment" for the Allentown area. So let's assume a dealer would be willing to match a cheaper market quote and throw in your AAA discount and whack the selling price down to $27,000 even.

Taxes would be $1,620 so an OTD target number would be $28,620.

Discounts are discounts to my way of thinking and I let TMV figure that out - otherwise I guess I'd take them off MSRP.

I see 13 XLE V6's in your area. Not sure if that helps your bargaining position or hurts it. Most people will shop the 4 cylinder so the dealer may dig in a bit since the V6 is a bit "rare". If that happens, flip to the 4 cylinder and make 'em think they are losing a sale of a slow moving V6. Then you can change your mind again and try for a better price on the V6. :D

Should be a good month end to buy with all the election uncertainty and slipping car sales in general - good luck!
  • makaleemmakaleem Member Posts: 4
    Awesome!! Thank you so much for a very detailed response. Appreciate your time. I will post here once I make the purchase and list the pricing information.
  • abdul_kabdul_k Member Posts: 2
    Hi Stever,
    Your numbers were right on. I bought the 2017 Camry XLE V6 last evening before all the rebates expired. This car has integrated navigation system, JBL audio, blind spot monitor and the dealer said he will add the remote engine start once the part comes in.

I paid $27,945 plus PA taxes and $295 for tags & title. The manager and sales man were rude and very unfriendly. As part of the deal, the manager said he will throw in the floor mats and later on reneged. He finally gave black mats for an Almond interior. They do not match at all. But I put up with that for a good price.
    edited November 2016
    It can be a struggle sometimes - good for you for sticking with it and getting your numbers. Hopefully you got the promise for the remote start in writing somewhere (dealers have a way of forgetting oral promises). Might help to wait on doing the Toyota survey until that's installed.

Then you can ding them for the rudeness if you wish, although it'll cost the salesperson money. It's a bit less painful if you get them tens on the Toyota survey and then ding them on the private review sites (like ours). Depends on how irritated you are with them I guess.

Now, if you don't get a Toyota survey in a week or two, best ask Toyota where it is. B)

Now that the process is mostly over, relax and enjoy the new car smell (and the extra dollars left in your bank account). Congrats!
  • abdul_kabdul_k Member Posts: 2
    No. I did not get it in writing - even though I asked for it at least two or three times between the sales man and the business manager. They just said they will order it and the service department will call me when the part arrives. I am going to follow up tomorrow. I hope they keep up their word and not give me the run around.

Regards,
    Abdul
  • carecliniccareclinic Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am looking for 2017 Camry SE in Dallas area. The MSRP is $25677 and the dealer has internet price of $21511. How much lower can I get the dealer to go? Also what should I expect to pay for taxes, title, document fee etc? Thanks!

Hi,
    I am looking for 2017 Camry SE in Dallas area. The MSRP is $25677 and the dealer has internet price of $21511. How much lower can I get the dealer to go? Also what should I expect to pay for taxes, title, document fee etc? Thanks!

Looks like this discussion fell off everyone's radar @careclinic, sorry to leave you hanging.

Invoice is $22,560, including destination but no options. The SE you are looking at apparently has $900 worth of options.

TMV in Dallas is ordinarily within $50 of invoice for this model but there are incentives on it. So TMV is currently down to $19,952 - the incentive is a nice $2,500 off. Let's call it $20,800 to account for the options.

Since TMV is an average, you should be able to beat the $20,800, but when we see big incentives, dealers try to stick to higher numbers, thinking the customers are getting a great deal anyway thanks to Toyota.

Taxes vary so much it's hard to track them. We say TX taxes are 8.25% and DMV fees are $85, but I'm not sure we're up to date on those. Any doc fee over $50 is too much but if you figure out what the taxes are and add that to your ideal selling price ($20k?), then you can just focus on the one OTD number and not have to negotiate the doc or other fees.
  • carecliniccareclinic Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Stever! This helps a lot with the negotiations.
  • zeppy68zeppy68 Member Posts: 28
    steve
    camry se in nj, 25998 msrp sale price 20787.34. doc fee 299. state and local taces 316.55 otd 22998. what do you think?

Joe, TMV is $22,489 thanks to a $2,000 incentive. That's about $1,200 below invoice.

So your quote is another $2,000 off. Sounds good!
  • gr8trfoolgr8trfool Member Posts: 21
    stever said:

Hi,

Looks like this discussion fell off everyone's radar @careclinic, sorry to leave you hanging.

Invoice is $22,560, including destination but no options. The SE you are looking at apparently has $900 worth of options.

TMV in Dallas is ordinarily within $50 of invoice for this model but there are incentives on it. So TMV is currently down to $19,952 - the incentive is a nice $2,500 off. Let's call it $20,800 to account for the options.

Since TMV is an average, you should be able to beat the $20,800, but when we see big incentives, dealers try to stick to higher numbers, thinking the customers are getting a great deal anyway thanks to Toyota.

Taxes vary so much it's hard to track them. We say TX taxes are 8.25% and DMV fees are $85, but I'm not sure we're up to date on those. Any doc fee over $50 is too much but if you figure out what the taxes are and add that to your ideal selling price ($20k?), then you can just focus on the one OTD number and not have to negotiate the doc or other fees.
    Just bouth a Camry SE in Dallas today (11/12/16). Cosmic Gray MIca, only floor mats as option. MSRP 24,970. Selling price was 18875 less 500 loyalty cash for net selling price of 18375. Taxes, title, license, doc fee, etc brought out the door price to $19,875.
  • gr8trfoolgr8trfool Member Posts: 21
    stever said:

Hi,

BTW, taxes in Texas are 6.25% of purchase (you can deduct the value of a trade-in if you trade in before calculating the taxes if you trade in). Title is about $33, and license/registration is $60-80 about.
    Nice going, congrats!
    thanks steve you don't think Costco pricing would be my quote?
    Probably not but maybe. The buying services offer convenience but if you're willing to work at it, you can usually beat their prices.
    Steve they just came down another 800 dollars on the camry
  • barreg777barreg777 Member Posts: 8
    This might be a dumb question, but is an LE option like Alloy Wheels something that a dealer could add themselves, or does it need to come from the factory with that option? I'm trying to find an LE in one of two colors (Parisian Blue or Cosmic Grey) with the Alloy Wheels option and not having any luck in a 200 mile radius.
    The wheels can be swapped out. Some dealers are easier to work with on that issue though. I found a dealer last year that was willing to swap 18" wheels for 17's on a car I was interested in since I prefer smaller wheels. Usually there's no fitment issue going to different wheels on the same models and you may not even be changing sizes.

If the dealer isn't cooperative, check with a tire store. Some of them will sell you a nice set of wheels and either mount your factory tires, or you can upgrade the tires at the same time. The store will give you a credit for your wheels and they'll resell them.
  • joe99988joe99988 Member Posts: 3
    Good Morning Steven
    Thank you for your response on Rav4,, I am debating between Rav4 and Camry.. I was quoted 21119/-(OTD) Camry LE in zip 08830.. is this a good quote ? also is this a good time to purchase with black Friday rebates or should I wait for end of year ?
    Again appreciate your help.
    edited November 2016
    Hi Joe,

Invoice is $21,974 and with a current $2,000 incentive, TMV has been pushed down to $20,537.

So the dealer is adding about $850 to cover taxes and fees. That's a good number.

It's Black Friday/end of the month time, so yeah, this is a good week to buy. Through Wednesday anyway.

I thought car sales were easing but November is going to be another record breaker. Deals may get a bit better between Christmas and New Years but it's hard for me to imagine them getting all that much better. The Camry is more likely to have a bit more price pressure than the RAV4 though.

My guess is that you'll at least be able to match this deal next month. But a lot can happen in a month, and it'd be nice to start enjoying that new car smell today.

• joe99988joe99988 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for quick response,,
  • PandyaPandya Member Posts: 1
    We are looking into getting a new Camry LE very soon and I like to know what is a good price in Long Island NY. THE MSRP is about 23200 and there is a 2000 rebate for cash purchase. What is a reasonable OTD price. Thank you.
    edited November 2016
    Pandya said:

We are looking into getting a new Camry LE very soon and I like to know what is a good price in Long Island NY. THE MSRP is about 23200 and there is a 2000 rebate for cash purchase. What is a reasonable OTD price. Thank you.

OTD depends on your taxes and fees and every area is different. We show MSRP to be $23,935 btw.

Today and tomorrow are good times to buy - it's the end of the month.

TMV is coming in around $1,400 below invoice with the $2,000 incentive. So the average being paid right now in your area is $20,537, including the $865 destination. That's about 14% off our MSRP and is an aggressive price.

I think I'd aim for $20,500 for an OTD number and work my way up from that. A good way to proceed is to first get quotes for some dealers and then deal with the one or two that has the best initial quote.

• tk900tk900 Member Posts: 43
    Hello,

I am looking at buying 2017 Toyota Camry LE in Maryland area. Quote i have received it internet price
    $20060 over MSRP of 24129. Is this a good price? How much I can go down?

I get $23,935 for MSRP - maybe you have some carpet mats or something in your deal.

TMV is coming in at $20,117, which includes a $2,000 incentive. That's about $1,850 below invoice and TMV is about 15% below MSRP.

So yeah, good offer. We don't see many deals on Toyotas more than 12% off MSRP (and even less on SUVs).

Since TMV is an average, in theory there's more room to negotiate. But it looks like a great price already.
  • sparty34sparty34 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Steve,
    I am looking to buy a new 2017 Camry LE in DFW area. (zip: 75023) and I got the OTD price of $19,900 from couple of dealers. Can you please advise if this is a good price ?

Also the dealers are saying I cannot combine the $2500 rebate and the 0% APR ? Is that true ?

Thanks
    Hi @sparty34, it's pretty typical that you can't combine low APR and cash back. And our Incentives page agrees with your dealers. You can play with the numbers using our Low APR vs. Cash Back Calculator. You may do better taking the cash and finding a decent rate online or at your local bank or credit union.

On to the dollars, iirc, your tax rate in TX is 6.5%. So you'd need to back that out to get the selling price.

MSRP is 23,935, Invoice is 21,975 and the True Market Value average price paid for your area is 21,680 ignoring the cash incentive. TMV is almost 10% off TMV. Not a bad average for a Toyota so fresh in the new model year. :)

I assume the $19,900 OTD is with the cash incentive. Backing out 6.5%, your selling price is a bit less than $18,800. That's a killer number, a bit more than 20% off MSRP.

If you don't take the incentive, that would pop the selling price to $21,300 and that would be close to TMV and around 10% off MSRP.

Oops, guess your tax is 6.25% so you need to adjust those numbers a tad. Our calculator says to take the cash so I'd start shopping around and hope to find a rate around 3%. Ask the dealer after you get a rate - they make money putting loans together and may be able to beat your rate using one of their bank contacts.

As always, with all these numbers, best check my math.
  • sparty34sparty34 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes the OTD price of $19,900 includes the $2500 rebate. As you said the selling price will go up if I go for the 0 % APR, one dealer told me the price will go up by $1500. I like the idea of taking the rebate instead of the 0 % APR.

Another question I have is, I see a 0% APR + $1000 bonus on the toyota website. Do you know what the $1000 bonus offer is ? I can't seem to understand that ?

$1000 Bonus enhancement from TMS & TFS on a new 2017 Camry available to qualified customers. Must be applied to down payment. Must take delivery from dealer stock. Dealer sets final actual price. Offer valid 12-06-2016 through 01-03-2017 in AR, LA, MS, OK, TX only. Contact participating dealer for details.

Appreciate your help !

Thanks
    We don't get much info about those regional offers. There's a captive distributorship in your area and my guess is that the distributor is eating some of their usual extra fees. But maybe not - TMS is Toyota Motor Sales and TFS is Toyota Financial Services.
  • pepsico2017pepsico2017 Member Posts: 3
    Sir,

I need some suggestions on my best offer for a 2017 Toyota camry XSE 4-cylinders in the Kansas City,MO area.
    So I found out that the MSRP is $26,310 (though I cannot confirm it since it seems to vary from one website to another). One dealer in the area has a sale price of $23,818.

So my OTD was about $20,903 including taxes, Ad fees, titling, $2500 toyota incentive, $900 value option add to the car. Is it a good offer for the OTD. I don't mind compromising to a $21,000 which will be my last offer.
    What do you think?
    edited December 2016
    Hi @pepsico2017, your MSRP is right but doesn't include the $865 destination. So MSRP is really $27,175.

The True Market Value average price paid for your area is 23,023, which includes destination and a $2,000 incentive.

Your OTD target is more than 20% off MSRP and I don't think that's doable. $21,000 might work before your trade-in and taxes (ignore the ad fee), but that's still a little bit more than 20% off.
  • md5585md5585 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2016
    hello all.. I'm shopping for an xle or xse model, msrp starts at 28952-29411.. what should I expect to pay?
    I'm in Tx with zip 75605
    edited December 2016
    You can look up the True Market Value and invoice prices at this link.

Looks like you have a local dealer there but you may want to get some quotes out of Dallas and see if the local shop will match prices. You could try Shreveport but I haven't seen many aggressive dealer quotes out of Louisiana in recent memory.

For a sedan in East Texas, it'd be nice to see you do a bit better than the usual 8 to 12% off MSRP. Don't know if you can get as much as 20% off like @sparty34 did.

15% off your range would give you a selling price from $24609 to $25,000.

Please come back and let us know what kind of numbers you get.
  • jimrogers2jimrogers2 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2016
    i have been negotiating with a dealer in Illinois for a 2017 Camry LE, MSRP of $24749. Taxes in Ill are 6.25% and tags/registration/fees $390 and currently $2000 rebate on Toyota. I am using my own financing @ 3%. We currently have an OTD offer of $20777, should i take it or can i do better?
    Sounds like a great price to me @jimrogers2 - more than 20% off MSRP backing out the taxes.
    Finally pulling the trigger tommorow nj camera se 25339 msrp sale price 21366 plus 1000 back 0 percent finance out the door 22346 what do you think?
    Without the $1,000, you're around 17% off MSRP. Another $1,000 off the selling price and you're in the magic 20% off MSRP area too.

Killer deals!
    Let's see 23840 says msrp but with the add ons msrp comes to 25412.
    sale price 20853.69 thousand cash back out the door price 22000 in jersey 7 percent tax 
    Hope I made out ok 
  • md5585md5585 Member Posts: 2
    stever said:

You can look up the True Market Value and invoice prices at this link.

Looks like you have a local dealer there but you may want to get some quotes out of Dallas and see if the local shop will match prices. You could try Shreveport but I haven't seen many aggressive dealer quotes out of Louisiana in recent memory.

For a sedan in East Texas, it'd be nice to see you do a bit better than the usual 8 to 12% off MSRP. Don't know if you can get as much as 20% off like @sparty34 did.

15% off your range would give you a selling price from $24609 to $25,000.

Please come back and let us know what kind of numbers you get.

I contacted dealerships in Shreveport as well as DFW, ended up finding an almost fully loaded (convenience pkg, remote start, etc) XSE for 25221 otd in Weatherford. msrp was listed as 30500
    edited January 2017
    That sounds great @md5585. I know a Louisianan that would love that kind of deal on a RAV4.

Congrats!
  • izmeeh5izmeeh5 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Steve,

I have a question about the 20% off MSRP that we are aiming for. Currently, there are two promotions: either 0% APR with $500 cash bonus or $2,500 cash rebate.

Should we aim for 20% off MSRP with the financing price or with the cash purchase price? I noticed that you included the cash rebate when calculating the percentage off MSRP. Dealerships around San Jose are quoting above 20% off MSPR when they include the $2,500 cash rebate.

I want to know what I should be aiming for since the adjusted TMV after cash rebate is $20,001 on the SE with an MSRP of $24,705 after destination.

Thank you.