Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Nissan Rogue Prices Paid

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2016
    Hi @burcakulug, welcome to Edmunds.

You're in a pretty aggressive dealer area. We see great deals on Honda CR-Vs there (especially NOVA) so if push comes to shove, you can mention the $2,500 under invoice deals people are getting on 2017 CR-Vs.

First off, you're right, you can't get both the customer cash and the 0% financing. But you do get the $500 customer cash either way. We have a cash back/low APR calculator you can play with. You may do better getting a low rate loan from another lender beside Nissan and still come out ahead.

On to the numbers - MSRP is $28,650, invoice is $27,292. the True Market Value average price paid for your area is $27,005. All numbers include the destination but none of your options, and I took $500 off TMV for the one incentive I think you qualify for. You can play with these numbers at this link.

Even with the incentive, TMV is very close to invoice. So the question is how much below invoice can you go?

Looking at it another way, the typical range for deals for most cars is 8 to 12% off MSRP. That percentage can jump to 18 to 20%, but that's usually for slow moving cars. Those high percentage deals more often happen at the end of a month, year or quarter and those deals are more common on domestic brands.

12% off MSRP would be $25,200 before the incentive. 15% off would be $24,353. 15% off would be close to $3,000 below invoice. I don't know if that's doable but I think that would be a good target for an exceptional deal.

Call it $24,000 to account for part of the incentive (dealers have to make a little money :) ) and add in whatever your taxes are there. Then you'll have a baseline to keep in the back of your head as you get quotes.

Invoice for the auto-dimming mirror is $259 ($315 MSRP). Fog lights are $233/$315. The cargo cover is $115/$190. We don't have prices for the remote start - I guess that's a dealer installed accessory. The dealer is unlikely to go below invoice on any accessory.

If you can find a Nissan remote start, I'd recommend getting one of those. If you get an aftermarket one, I'd only want the dealer to install it so it'll be covered under the new car warranty. Sometimes the added gizmos get wonky a few years down the road and it can get expensive trying to trace the problem.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • burcakulugburcakulug Member Posts: 8
    Hi @stever, thank you very much for the detailed response. I think that 24k base also does not include the premium package, am I right? How much would that also add to it, invoice value again?
    edited December 2016
    I included the premium package in my numbers, just not the "options". Sorry for the confusion.

Again, I don't know if $24k is doable, but lately when I've hedged my bets and been a bit conservative with my recommendations, someone pops in and reports on the killer deal they just got.

You have done your research and while you may not kill them, at least no one will be pulling wool over your eyes either.
    Hi again. Yesterday I went to a dealer, he gave me $27k with the premium package and cargo cover, but none of the other options were included into the price. He told me for the remote start, Nissan didn't have it for 2016 Rouge (maybe he meant for SV, not sure), so it will be a third-party accessory and will have a separate warranty, but they should be able to set up in a way to use the same key fob to activate it (I guess 3 clicks on the lock button or something like that). I will definitely visit some other dealers, but he said that $24k is impossible. I could be okay with a little more based on your feedback, but I think $27k is still too much. am I right?
    I think so. I'd get some more quotes.
    edited December 2016
    hi @stever,i don't know if it is just me or the market is not really that good as I was expecting. the lowest quote I could get so far is $26200 for 0%APR only with the premium package (excludes all other options) and the OTD given for that is $28750. I am trying to negotiate the dealers close to my house to get down to this price. Am I getting ripped off?
    Hm, maybe the Nissan dealers in NOVA just aren't as competitive as the Honda dealers.

I guess I'd step back this week, let the dealer stew, and recheck all your numbers (and mine!). Then as it gets closer to the holiday, revisit all the dealers (via email/text) and tell them that you are still in the market and see if they can do better than their last quote (or better than the best quote you've gotten).
    I see. The problem is I really want to buy the car in a few days, planning to take a trip for the Christmas week. I guess I will go with the best deal that I can get.
    what does NOVA mean by the way?
    edited December 2016
    Northern Virginia, and many people just consider the ~50 radius around DC to be NOVA. I think people don't like the DC association, and even Marylanders use NOVA. :)

You could try calling your 3 "best price" dealers and tell them you are ready to buy today and will go with the dealer that offers you the best deal, or take the best quote to your local dealer and tell them you are giving them one last chance to meet your best deal..
    i just got a 26k on the road quote from a dealer for 0% APR over the phone, i think that is pretty good. i will go there today again. i might add a little more options to it if we can agree on them and buy today. hope it goes well as planned, fingers crossed! :smile:
    That sounds a little better and you can't beat a "free" loan - good luck!
  • katiegrrlkatiegrrl Member Posts: 19
    Hi, I'm back and I could use a little guidance.

We went to dealer Saturday and test drove a 2016 SV AWD Rogue. Liked it.
    We started talking money. I gave them my max OTD at $23,000. They said we were a couple thousand apart. Then they offered 0% though we'd lose 2250, I believe, in incentives. They came in at $370/mth for 72 months which puts the car at 26,550 OTD.

We went in last night and offered $350/mth or about $25500. They held firm. Then, it turns out, the cars we test drove had been punched. They didn't have a car on the lot. They'll have to do a dealer trade. I was pretty irritated that we wasted the whole night. But, he says he can find a car for us today. Fine. I'm pretty much ok with the deal, though I wish my monthly was closer to $360. I offered, BTW, they held at $370

What do you think?
    edited December 2016
    I like the way you operate @katiegrrl. Seems like you're in a tough market for Nissans.

Reviewing the numbers, MSRP is $27,030, Invoice is $25,844 and TMV for Chicago is $25,855. Throw in the incentive and TMV falls to $23,605.

Guess I'd back out the taxes and fees and compare the selling price to TMV. Figuring 10% for taxes and fees, which is likely a bit low for Chicago, that would put TMV at $25,965.

You've done your homework (and lots of extra credit work) and you like the car, so it's time to enjoy the ride. :)
    Awesome. Thanks! Thank you for your help and advice. I'll post back just to close this after we finish the deal. Have a great day!
    Forgot to say that usually the idea is to beat TMV, but when the incentives get this rich, TMV makes a good target, and you're below that now.
    hi @stever, i finally bought the car yesterday and I am very glad that this stressful process is finally over! :smile: it might not be the best possible deal, but i settled and got a few perks. first of all, that final 26k offer ended up as a misunderstanding, it turned out that was for regular financing. 0 %APR bumped the price 2k again. i added a few options to it. then they also squared the price and it finally ended up as 30k OTD with 72 month 0% APR. This includes SV AWD with premium package, auto dimming mirror, fog lights and remote start that can be used via actual key fob. I also got a protection plan for 4 years that covers fixes for all small dents, rim and interior fabric wear repairs, small scratches on the body...etc without any limits and deductible. This place is also local, so I didn't have to drive a long way, and they give life time engine warranty and life time free oil change. they will also give a fancy cooler i think it worths something like $250. again, might not be the best deal, but the best i could get around here. thanks again for all the help!
  • sprasanna86sprasanna86 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I live in Sunnyvale area. Trying to decide between 2016 rogue sv awd or crv ex awd. The best price I got so far is around 21990 for 2016 rogue sv AWD plus taxes and license. Is this a good price for rogue or because it's year end for rogue 2016 should I be negotiating a bit more. 
    Congrats @burcakulug - local is nice too.

Enjoy!

Hi, I live in Sunnyvale area. Trying to decide between 2016 rogue sv awd or crv ex awd. The best price I got so far is around 21990 for 2016 rogue sv AWD plus taxes and license. Is this a good price for rogue or because it's year end for rogue 2016 should I be negotiating a bit more. 

Welcome @sprasanna86.

Invoice is $25,844, MSRP is $27,030 and TMV for your area, with the current $2,500 incentive, is $23,230. Those numbers all include the destination.

Those are good numbers and your quote is really good. Looks like 19% off MRSP.

Rumor is that 2017 CR-Vs are showing up on a few dealer lots. If you do cross-shop, be sure and mention this Rogue quote.
  • sd_roguesd_rogue Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am in LA area,looking to buy 2016 Rogue SV FWD with family package. Got some quotes OTD around $24K. Would like to know how it is priced? will there be any room to get further discounts?
    edited December 2016
    Hi @sd_rogue, welcome. Just chatted with an Acura shopper from New Orleans a few minutes ago. You're in a tough part of the country for deals - Toyotas are the worst.

The True Market Value average price paid for NO is $24,553. That's with the $900 destination included (MSRP is $26,620 with destination). Figure a little bit more for Baton Rouge or Shreveport, etc.

So the TMV average is 8% off MSRP.

Back out your taxes and your selling price will be a good bit better than average. This time of year is the Super Bowl for car buying so a few more bucks off may be possible. But I wouldn't sweat it if the dealer clams up at going lower.
  • chak3107chak3107 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2016
    Hi I have got a final offer on Rogue 2016 S FWD of 20500 OTD with my financing (credit union) zip 85258 . Could you pls let me know if this is a good deal ?
    edited December 2016
    Hi @chak3107, if you are using your own financing you should qualify for the $2,500 cash incentive.

MSRP is $23,173, invoice is $24,230 and the True Market Value average price paid for your area, with the incentive, is $19,753.

The rub with your quote is that you have weird car taxes in Arizona. So you need to figure out what the selling price of the Rogue is before the taxes. Right now there's an $800 difference between your OTD number and TMV. Beating TMV is the goal.
  • chak3107chak3107 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks @stever the dealer has said the otd includes tax , titling , document fee . for comparision with TMV should i exclude all the three or just the tax ?
    Since we can't track all the different taxes and fees, TMV doesn't include those - it's not an OTD number.

OTD is a good way to negotiate but since everyone's taxes are different, it's harder to compare deals just based on the OTD number, as opposed the selling price of the car before the taxes and fees.
  • bseth88bseth88 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a 2016 Rogue SV Premier in Central NJ (08844 area code). We will be financing, so using the 0% deal they have going on. The first quote I received was mid 26 range, the other one via email (so I don't fully trust it) is mid 24's. I feel like the mid 24 he is avoiding some fees waiting for us to get in, even though I have asked about that. There are many options in Central NJ, I just can't tell for a premier SV if the 25-27 range before taxes is good. Or if I need to be calling these people (or emailing them) back and negotiate a little more.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  • sd_roguesd_rogue Member Posts: 2
    Hi @sd_rogue, welcome. Just chatted with an Acura shopper from New Orleans a few minutes ago. You're in a tough part of the country for deals - Toyotas are the worst.

The True Market Value average price paid for NO is $24,553. That's with the $900 destination included (MSRP is $26,620 with destination). Figure a little bit more for Baton Rouge or Shreveport, etc.

So the TMV average is 8% off MSRP.

Back out your taxes and your selling price will be a good bit better than average. This time of year is the Super Bowl for car buying so a few more bucks off may be possible. But I wouldn't sweat it if the dealer clams up at going lower.

========================================

Hi Stever,
    Thanks for the comment but I am looking for Los Angles area (zip: 91731), California, not in NO.
    Sorry for the not mentioned the Zip code in my previous comment.
    Could you please update if $24K OTD ($22K + 2K Taxes and fees) price is good for 2016 Rogue SV with family package?

If there is further chance to get lower price, how much it would be?
    Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    lol, sorry, I guess I had beignets on my mind and when you typed LA.... oops. :)

Okay, same MSRP as above. TMV for your zip is $24,735.

So I'm surprised again - I would have bet money that LA would have a better average price paid than NO.

For your specific deal with a selling price of $22k though, you are doing well. That's ~17% off MSRP. 6 to 12% off would be a typical deal. You might be able to squeeze a few more bucks off if the dealer really needs a few more sales to make quota. But I'm guessing $300 to $500 off would be the best and even $300 off your current quote may not fly.
    edited December 2016
    bseth88 said:

I am looking to buy a 2016 Rogue SV Premier in Central NJ (08844 area code). We will be financing, so using the 0% deal they have going on. The first quote I received was mid 26 range, the other one via email (so I don't fully trust it) is mid 24's. I feel like the mid 24 he is avoiding some fees waiting for us to get in, even though I have asked about that. There are many options in Central NJ, I just can't tell for a premier SV if the 25-27 range before taxes is good. Or if I need to be calling these people (or emailing them) back and negotiate a little more.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @bseth88, AWD I'm assuming. And when you say Premier, I guess you mean the Premium package. Your numbers seem to fit those assumptions.

Invoice is $27,292, MSRP is $28,650 and the True Market Value for your zip is $26,934. My guess is that your 24k email dealer is including the $2,250 incentive that you are foregoing for the 0% financing.

This time of year I'd like to see your selling price get down to at least 12% off MSRP, which would be ~$25,200. That's about $2,000 off invoice. Since you aren't using the cash back though, the dealers may try to pooh-pooh that counter-offer, even though I'm ignoring it here.

And think about getting financing at your bank, credit union, online or even through the dealer using a different "bank" than Nissan. If you play with our Low APR vs Cash Back Calculator, you may find yourself saving money by taking the cash back and pay 2.9% interest.

Finally managed to get Nissan Rogue sv AWD for 247xx OTD. Net price of the car was 22200+taxes. with some accessories and 1 year maitanence included. Tried to avoid the accessories but could not do it as the color I wanted came with these additional stuff in it. Could have bargained a bit more to get rid of the accessories or reduced the price on it. But couldn't due to time constraint as I had to get the car today.

Thank you Stever for your valuable inputs. This forum helped me a lot in finding the right price for the car.

stever said:
    Welcome @sprasanna86. Invoice is $25,844, MSRP is $27,030 and TMV for your area, with the current $2,500 incentive, is $23,230. Those numbers all include the destination. Those are good numbers and your quote is really good. Looks like 19% off MRSP. Rumor is that 2017 CR-Vs are showing up on a few dealer lots. If you do cross-shop, be sure and mention this Rogue quote.

Also the dealer mentioned about some OCS inspection that the car had to go through before delivery. Is this expected? Should be no issues with the car right? 
    Congrats! You did just fine.

Don't know what the OCS is about - knowing California, it's probably something to do with smog.
  • bseth88bseth88 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Stever,

Yes it is the AWD, premium package. Few dealerships have really lowered the price and for the SV AWD premium 2016 they are offering mid 22's. Any chance I can get better than that?
    I dunno, I'm not seeing much in the way of great deals for any brand in NJ, especially not SUVs.

Since TMV is coming in around $24.6k with the incentive, ~$22,500 may be all the marbles you can grab. Best shot would be Saturday or maybe Tuesday, assuming Nissan is extending the year until the 3rd for quota purposes.

You could try hitting the dealer ten minutes before closing on Friday night and hope they try to sell you fast with a great number. Kind of a dirty trick though. ;)
    edited December 2016
    katiegrrl said:

We went to dealer Saturday and test drove a 2016 SV AWD Rogue. Liked it.
    We started talking money. I gave them my max OTD at $23,000. They said we were a couple thousand apart. Then they offered 0% though we'd lose 2250, I believe, in incentives. They came in at $370/mth for 72 months which puts the car at 26,550 OTD.

We went in last night and offered $350/mth or about $25500. They held firm. Then, it turns out, the cars we test drove had been punched. They didn't have a car on the lot. They'll have to do a dealer trade. I was pretty irritated that we wasted the whole night. But, he says he can find a car for us today. Fine. I'm pretty much ok with the deal, though I wish my monthly was closer to $360. I offered, BTW, they held at $370

Well, the whole thing turned out be a scam. We did not make this deal. They didn't have the car and, my guess is they couldn't get one cheaply enough to make the deal work. I won't go into every detail, but this experience and a similar experience at another Nissan dealership have soured me a bit on Nissans. But...

Today, we talked to another dealer. She says she doesn't have the car on the lot, but they have other lots. Her price (for a car she hasn't yet found) is $21,350. This breaks down to $18,500 base + $1,350 for AWD + $1,500 incentives ($750 college grad and $750 military).
    Since we qualify for neither, we'd add that back in for a price of $21,350. Add in 9.5% tax $2030), $221 title and plates, and I'm going to guess $170 for doc fees for a total of about $23,770 OTD.

This price is only $770 more than my target OTD price. Not bad if they actually come through. However, I know it sounds like too much, but at that price my monthly payment is $16 more than my max. If that price is real, I don't want it blow it with a counter, but I'd love for them to drop it just a few hundred bucks. Also, I was under the impression that the college grad and military rebates were $500 apiece, not $750 apiece. If so, can I only add $1000 back in rather than $1500? That does the trick right there.

Also, they've run my credit twice now at Nissan - once initially through Nissan Corp and again a few days later though Nissan Credit or something. Can this new dealer just check with Nissan about what's already been run? Each time they do a hard inquiry, my credit score drops 14 points! Ahh!

Anyway, any advice? I really do appreciate all the help I've received.

Oh, if this doesn't work out today, I'm giving up on buying a new Rogue. Instead, you'll find me on the lightly used Honda CRV board.
    edited December 2016
    Odd that your score would drop - I thought that even hard pulls when you were obviously car shopping were lumped together when they occurred in a "short" period of time. Maybe that's just soft pulls....

My advice? You are way on top of the process - just keep doing what you are doing. If you think a dealer is doing a bait and switch, you may want to write a dealer review or even complain to your state's attorney general's office. That takes some energy but it sounds like they deserve it.

You can double-check incentives at Nissan or here. But you knew that. :)

The dealer is going to say something like "$16 more a month is just two ventis at Starbucks". Your response is that $16 is $200 bucks a year and you're at the max of your budget now.

So yeah, you're close and if you push, the dealer may at least meet you half way.
    Thanks. I have a dealer about an hour from here who says she is looking for a vehicle outside the area. It may even be another state. If she finds one and it needs to be shipped or delivered somehow, do we go ahead and do the paper work without seeing it first? We've driven the Rogue and know what to expect. If it's new, it should be ok, right? Or, do I wait until I actually see the vehicle in person, then do the paperwork?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,050
    katiegrrl said:

Thanks. I have a dealer about an hour from here who says she is looking for a vehicle outside the area. It may even be another state. If she finds one and it needs to be shipped or delivered somehow, do we go ahead and do the paper work without seeing it first? We've driven the Rogue and know what to expect. If it's new, it should be ok, right? Or, do I wait until I actually see the vehicle in person, then do the paperwork?

You can make the deal, do the paperwork, and tell them you'll sign upon final inspection of the vehicle. You just never know what they'll come up with (wrong color, wrong options, 2000 miles on odometer, etc, etc.)

I can commit, but I'm not signing the final paperwork, without an on-site inspection of the vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Cool, thanks. As far as the credit checks...we have Credit Karma and can see almost immediately when someone pulls a report. They said they were going to do a soft pull, what it was a hard inquiry. They did it again a few days later (without our knowledge). They and others have said the credit score will bounce back if we buy a car within a couple of weeks of the inquiry. Maybe this is BS, or more charitably, a myth. Hopefully it's the truth.

So, if another dealer has pulled credit reports from Nissan, can the new dealer just call Nissan or do they too have to do hard inquiry?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,050
    katiegrrl said:

Cool, thanks. As far as the credit checks...we have Credit Karma and can see almost immediately when someone pulls a report. They said they were going to do a soft pull, what it was a hard inquiry. They did it again a few days later (without our knowledge). They and others have said the credit score will bounce back if we buy a car within a couple of weeks of the inquiry. Maybe this is BS, or more charitably, a myth. Hopefully it's the truth.

So, if another dealer has pulled credit reports from Nissan, can the new dealer just call Nissan or do they too have to do hard inquiry?

Pay your bills, and you won't have to worry about the credit score.

Had a new HVAC system installed, this summer. Put the $7000 on the credit card, and my score dropped 15 points, the next month. Paid credit card off by due date, and the next month it's all back to normal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Ha! Ok. I won't worry so much. Thanks. I'll let you know how it all goes.
  • wilkes2wilkes2 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Just bought an new Rogue in Exton,Pa on Saturday the 31st.

Rogue SV w premium package
    Pearl White
    Splash Guards
    Rear Chrome bumper protector
    Floor Mats with Cargo Protector

MSRP: 29,585.00

Final Price: 22,750.00 + tax and tag. OD right at 24,000.00

Seems like a pretty good deal. Was very pleased.

Congrats!
  • shaunteshaunte Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

Last time I was around these forums I bought a 2008 Nissan Altima. Never had a problem. Giving it to my mom. Now I'll be buying a Rogue soon. I'm thinking a 2017 Rogue SV w/ Premium package. I'd consider a 2016 SL w/ Premium package if the price knocks me off my feet, but I really like the look of the 2017.

I'm not much of a negotiator, but I'll report back with the price. I'm hoping to get it this weekend.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    You can build and price it out with our TMV Pricing tool and even get a quote from your local dealer. In MS, yes?
    edited January 2017
    Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks for all of your help. After a month or so of bad experiences with Nissan dealers, including a refusal by one to honor the Edmund's Price Promise even after I called and double-checked, we dumped the Rogue and went with a 2017 Subaru Crosstrek. (I'll post price in Subaru forum)

Thanks again!
  • shaunteshaunte Member Posts: 3
    Hi all.

Got my 2017 Rogue SV w/ Premium package. Caspian blue/Charcoal

25,300 - 1,000 = 24,300

TMV for the Memphis area is 25,782. (Not including chrome bumper protector)

After taxes and fees I came out at around 26,100

I was hoping to do better, but with coming under TMV I'll trust that I got a fair deal.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    edited January 2017
    Congrats on the new ride AND coming in under TMV! You'll have to post a pic of your new baby :)
  • kris_njkris_nj Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am in the process of lease negotiation with following details:

2017 Nissan Rouge SV AWD
    12k / 36 months
    658 down / 262.month - including taxes

MSRP: $28,070
    Sale price: $24,271
    MF: 0.00003
    Residual: 59%
    NJ Tax: 7%
    Zip code: 08859