Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2017 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

1151618202152

Comments

  • kyfdx said:

    robta4444 said:

    I found this forum and the posts very helpful so I want to share my deal.  Purchased a 2017 Accord Sport SE yesterday, Dec 28.  Cincinnati, Oh zip 45255.  

    MSRP with destination was $27,050

    Selling price with destination was $22,354.50
    Doc fee was $250 (capped at 250 in OH)
    Title and registration was $55.50
    Tax was $1340 (KY resident, 6%)
    Out the door was $24,000

    I spent about 3 days working several dealers in the Cincinnati area, all via email.  Used Edmond's and Truecar as starting points for pricing inquiries.  Every quote through those services came back over $25,000 plus fees and TTL except one which quoted $23,052 plus fees and TTL.  I worked that dealer down to $22,704 via email and then a different one beat that to $22,594. I took that offer and another dealer's email that he'd beat any deal by $250 to a place I bought an Odyssey from 3 years ago. Did the test drive, made it clear I wanted my current best offer of $24,000 OTD beat.  Sales mgr came out and gave me the run around about his pricing compared to others  blah blah blah. So I got up and walked out. Drove across town to the dealer I wanted to buy from from the beginning and had confirmed over the phone that they would match any deal in writing and was out with my new car a couple hours later.  

    Loving the car so far.  Good luck to all!




    Congrats! Which dealer?
    Honda East Cincinnati
  • stever said:

    cbdeka19 said:

    What's a good otd price for a ex-l in 90745? The dealer asked me in an email what I was looking to pay otd . I was originally looking at sports but have no idea about the average price for an ex-l, also this is with sensing and navigation 

    Hi @cbdeka19, 4 cylinder I assume.

    For Cali, I add 10% for taxes and fees to get an approximate OTD price.

    Invoice is $29,021, MSRP is $31,655 and the True Market Value for your zip is $28,434.

    So 10% on top of the TMV average equals $31,277.

    But we want to beat the average. TMV is about 10% off MSRP.

    15% off MSRP would be $26,900, add in 10% and you'd be at $29,590 OTD. Somewhere around there would be a nice OTD target for your zip. I think @robta4444's deal (congrats!) was between 14 and 15% off MSRP.

    The usual recommendation is to let the dealer give out a number first. But in this case, a 15% offer is within reason while letting the dealer know you are looking for a deal.

    Hey Stever. I'm thinking the price I got was closer to 17% off MSRP. I thought I read in previous posts here where the msrp is compared to selling price before tax and fees to get that %. That would be about $22.3k for what I paid against $27K, so $4750 and 17% less. If I'm wrong with my math let me know. Just want to clarify for potential benefit to others in case it really was 17.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited January 2017
    Thanks @robta4444! My math gets fuzzy sometimes and I get lost in all the numbers too. I try to plug everything into a spreadsheet but sometimes paste stuff in the wrong box.

    My calendar reminded me this afternoon that I need to make my first pass through my taxes next week. More fun with numbers. B)

    Luckily I married a math whiz....
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 127,858
    robta4444 said:

    kyfdx said:

    robta4444 said:

    I found this forum and the posts very helpful so I want to share my deal.  Purchased a 2017 Accord Sport SE yesterday, Dec 28.  Cincinnati, Oh zip 45255.  

    MSRP with destination was $27,050

    Selling price with destination was $22,354.50
    Doc fee was $250 (capped at 250 in OH)
    Title and registration was $55.50
    Tax was $1340 (KY resident, 6%)
    Out the door was $24,000

    I spent about 3 days working several dealers in the Cincinnati area, all via email.  Used Edmond's and Truecar as starting points for pricing inquiries.  Every quote through those services came back over $25,000 plus fees and TTL except one which quoted $23,052 plus fees and TTL.  I worked that dealer down to $22,704 via email and then a different one beat that to $22,594. I took that offer and another dealer's email that he'd beat any deal by $250 to a place I bought an Odyssey from 3 years ago. Did the test drive, made it clear I wanted my current best offer of $24,000 OTD beat.  Sales mgr came out and gave me the run around about his pricing compared to others  blah blah blah. So I got up and walked out. Drove across town to the dealer I wanted to buy from from the beginning and had confirmed over the phone that they would match any deal in writing and was out with my new car a couple hours later.  

    Loving the car so far.  Good luck to all!




    Congrats! Which dealer?
    Honda East Cincinnati
    I bought a car there in 1982! Different owners, then, though.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Just purchased a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring w/Window Tint, Nitrogen, Pinstripe and ProPack here in the DFW, TX area. Sale price (destination included) $29,800. I think I did okay...yes?
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited January 2017
    Hi @21reece, yeah, the extras aren't worth squat but your selling price was 19% off MSRP ($36,790 with destination).

    You did terrific.
  • chowee21chowee21 Posts: 8
    edited January 2017
    stever said:

    chowee21 said:

    New 2017 Accord EX-L
    $24400 OTD (excluding tax)

    Good deal?

    So TMV is about 10% off MSRP and about $700 below invoice.
    We've some deals on the new Accords go for 13 to 15% or so below invoice.
    You say 13-15% below INVOICE? Zip code is 64081.
  • i bought a honda accord hybrid ex-l yesterday at crest honda in nashville, tn. Color was modern steel metallic with ivory leather interior. the price was 26,800 plus 589 doc fee. it included wheel locks, mud flaps, rear cargo tray, and perma plate. I went to darrell waltrip dealer and initially they said they would match offer, but then stated they would charge extra for the accessories. The general manager at Darrell Waltrip told me that the other dealer probably wouldn't give me the car at that price. I went to Crest, and the experience was great. Did all the negotiating over email and there wasn't any surprises. They honored everything that was stated in our emails. I can give the name of the salesman if anyone is interested.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    @chowee21, oops no, meant to say MSRP. I'll go back and fix it and thanks for catching that!
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Congrats @everest77!
  • I think I got a good deal on my hybrid. Only my second time buying a new car
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited January 2017
    $26,800 is another one at 20% off MSRP before taxes and fees.

    Maybe you should drive this one forever @everest77 - none of us is likely to ever get another deal as good as 20% off MSRP on a Honda sedan again. :)
  • @everest77, we got basically the same deal on the same car--EX-L hybrid in modern steel/ivory. Congrats from Washington DC! The two-tone look with the ivory leather and black floor mats and trim is super sharp.
  • ilearnilearn Posts: 18
    Received the following quote for EXL CVT, OTD price $27,761.13 (Dealer price 25,161.87 + doc fees $699 + Non Tax fees $90 + GA tax $1810.26). I am in zip 30068.

    Can I do better?
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Hi @ilearn, welcome.

    MSRP is 29,655 and the True Market Value average price paid for your zip is $25,927.

    So TMV is a healthy 13% off MSRP and your quote is a bit more than 15% off.

    You could complain about the excessive doc fees I suppose, but there's not much profit left in this deal for the dealer to work with. But with some 20% off deals we're seeing above it's worth complaining about. Well, probably better just to counter a bit lower.

    Another $600 off your quote would put you around 17% off MSRP and make the OTD price around $27, 150.

    I'm still a bit floored at how low sedan prices have fallen. The Accord was the second most researched vehicle here for 2016 (after the CR-V), so it's not like demand has really slackened.

    Good luck!
  • ilearnilearn Posts: 18
    Thanks Stever..... back to work. Will report back what I find. Plan to finalize the deal between today and tomorrow.
  • psl25201psl25201 Posts: 5
    edited January 2017
    Just offered $31,900 OTD on a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring. Zip code is 68154. It was the service manager's car and has 3,800 miles but is being sold as new. It has the tint, mats, paint protection, etc. etc, and the dealer added 6 months onto the original warranty.

    I am going to shoot for less than $30k. Thoughts?
  • @friarfunk . Awesome. I'll look at gettting the black mats. Jealous that in DC that you didn't have to pay taxes! Thanks for everyone posting about the deals everyone got. Really helped me out
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited January 2017
    psl25201 said:

    Just offered $31,900 OTD on a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring. Zip code is 68154. It was the service manager's car and has 3,800 miles but is being sold as new. It has the tint, mats, paint protection, etc. etc, and the dealer added 6 months onto the original warranty.

    I am going to shoot for less than $30k. Thoughts?

    20% off MSRP ($36790) would be 29,400 before taxes. $30k out the door would be great.
  • ilearn said:

    I'm probably going to try for a deal tomorrow on a 2017 EX-L w/ Nav & Sensing, so wanted to see what you think of a quote I received. I am in 30064 (Atlanta area).

    MSRP is $31655
    Sales price before any fees or add-ons is $26594
    $996 in accessories+$599 admin fee+taxes = $30334 OTD


    I didn't request any of the accessories, so I'm going to ask for those to be removed. The accessories are mudguards, wheel locks, trunk tray, door film, window tint = $996.

    Is there any scenario where accessories are 'locked in' and can't be removed? If they insist they can't change the accessories are they telling the truth? They have 3 cars with the trim/color I want and assume they won't all have the same accessories.

    I want to take advantage of the 0.9% financing offer out there, do you know what documents finance will typically need (pay stubs, W2, etc) to approve?

    Thanks!

    Roger,
    Which dealer sent you this quote?
    ilearn,
    It was from Gwinnett Place Honda.
  • ilearn said:

    I'm probably going to try for a deal tomorrow on a 2017 EX-L w/ Nav & Sensing, so wanted to see what you think of a quote I received. I am in 30064 (Atlanta area).

    MSRP is $31655
    Sales price before any fees or add-ons is $26594
    $996 in accessories+$599 admin fee+taxes = $30334 OTD


    I didn't request any of the accessories, so I'm going to ask for those to be removed. The accessories are mudguards, wheel locks, trunk tray, door film, window tint = $996.

    Is there any scenario where accessories are 'locked in' and can't be removed? If they insist they can't change the accessories are they telling the truth? They have 3 cars with the trim/color I want and assume they won't all have the same accessories.

    I want to take advantage of the 0.9% financing offer out there, do you know what documents finance will typically need (pay stubs, W2, etc) to approve?

    Thanks!

    Roger,
    Which dealer sent you this quote?
    ilearn,
    It was from Gwinnett Place Honda.
    Have you guys tried Hennessy Honda in Woodstock? Thats where I got my 2015 Accord and at the time was the cheapest and easiest to work with of the dealers in Atlanta.
  • pistonhondakopistonhondako Posts: 6
    edited January 2017
    A dealer in Northern California was able to work with me today (January 2nd). I was able to purchase a 2017 Accord EX CVT for $22,700 (including the $835 destination charge). MSRP was $27,365 (including destination). I offered to finance if it helped. Not many dealers seemed willing to go that low.

    I'm happy with the price but I'm curious if anyone got it lower! I saw the earlier post of someone from Massachusetts who got it for $22,630 (incl. destination).

    ( Tax/Title/Doc were extra, of course)
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Congrats @pistonhondako!
  • rogersterlingrogersterling Posts: 7
    edited January 2017

    ilearn said:

    I'm probably going to try for a deal tomorrow on a 2017 EX-L w/ Nav & Sensing, so wanted to see what you think of a quote I received. I am in 30064 (Atlanta area).

    MSRP is $31655
    Sales price before any fees or add-ons is $26594
    $996 in accessories+$599 admin fee+taxes = $30334 OTD


    I didn't request any of the accessories, so I'm going to ask for those to be removed. The accessories are mudguards, wheel locks, trunk tray, door film, window tint = $996.

    Is there any scenario where accessories are 'locked in' and can't be removed? If they insist they can't change the accessories are they telling the truth? They have 3 cars with the trim/color I want and assume they won't all have the same accessories.

    I want to take advantage of the 0.9% financing offer out there, do you know what documents finance will typically need (pay stubs, W2, etc) to approve?

    Thanks!

    Roger,
    Which dealer sent you this quote?
    ilearn,
    It was from Gwinnett Place Honda.
    Have you guys tried Hennessy Honda in Woodstock? Thats where I got my 2015 Accord and at the time was the cheapest and easiest to work with of the dealers in Atlanta.
    Thanks for the tip Newman, coincidentally they are the folks I wanted to talk to next!
  • ilearnilearn Posts: 18
    I have been trying to get a quote from Hennessy, but no luck so far. Does anyone know whether 0.9% financing will be available after 1/3? Could not find any details on Honda website, hence asking.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 127,858
    ilearn said:

    I have been trying to get a quote from Hennessy, but no luck so far. Does anyone know whether 0.9% financing will be available after 1/3? Could not find any details on Honda website, hence asking.

    We won't know until Wednesday.

    I doubt it will go away.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • ilearnilearn Posts: 18
    Received a OTD quote for 2017 EXL CVT for $27100. I am in 30068 zip. Planning to seal the deal tonight.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Another $50 off eh? Cool.

    Good luck!
  • greens1905greens1905 Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    north LosAngeles county here, 91311. Rather stressful buying experience. 2017 touring coupe with a 7 yr/75k warranty for 32000 before TTL. MSRP was 35210, TMV 32820
  • ilearnilearn Posts: 18
    Sealed the deal at $27100 for EXL CVT. Pretty straight forward process and stress free. Was in an out in an hour. Cliff at Carland was a pleasure to deal with. There might be some more wiggle room to bring that number down to a whole number $27000.

    Thanks to Stever and other members of this forum. Good Luck everyone.
Sign In or Register to comment.