Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

which Jaguar to get? Comparing two used models.

minminminmin Member Posts: 3
edited January 2017 in Jaguar
Hi everyone.

I'm considering buying one of these cars and would appreciate if someone could provide few words of wisdom:)

2009 2,7 diesel xf with 155,000 kilometers on.
2010 3,0 diesel xf wih 170,000 kilometers on.

Are they worth any consideration at all? both cost similar - 11k. euros.

which car would have a better engine and transmission and why? Planning on doing around 12-15k kilometers of driving per yer 50/50 urban/motorway

What problems could i expect at this mileage? on few places i have red that electronics tend to be a weaker side on these cars, as well as the there were some problems with trasmission stuck on P mode. Is it their weak side or it should have already been taken car by the dealers on these cars.

Also what should i look at when i go to inspect these cars?

Previously i owned mercedes c class 2009. was the first year when these models came out and before buying i did read a lot about these cars. Found a lot of complaints that they were with a lot of faults and etc. but when i bought it 3 years ago and made more than 50k kilometers with it, didnt had any isues with it ( only a broken handle). wonder if the same might be with these jags. a lot of bad reviews but in reality they are much sturdier.

Will be waiting for your help guys and gals:)

Comments

• minminminmin Member Posts: 3
    no one to add anything ?:)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    minmin said:

no one to add anything ?:)

Sorry, we are a US based forum, and Jaguar didn't send us the XF with a diesel engine.
    So, doubtful you'll find anyone here that has personal knowledge of that model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• minminminmin Member Posts: 3
    Thank you, didn't know this:) but maybe someone could give few words abou electronics and etc on these cars
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    minmin said:

Thank you, didn't know this:) but maybe someone could give few words abou electronics and etc on these cars

@laurasdada has an XF. Maybe, we can get him in here with an opinion.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    About all I could add is to avoid 1st year models, so I'd choose the 2010 over the 2009.

You might read over THESE COMMENTS from another Jaguar Forum outside Edmunds.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,721
    Hi: Just noted this forum. I have a '13 Jag XF 3.0AWD. Love it! However... after 3 years of not a single issue to report, an oil change overfill in December '16 led me to the dealer where TSB work was performed including:

Replace (weeping) water pump
    Replace groaning steering column
    Replace oxygen sensors

Shortly thereafter, the Keyless Vehicle Monitor and Antenna failed, in essence my XF was immobile. Towed to the dealer, roughly one week later, all is now good. And all above work covered by warranty with a loaner car.

Having written this, I'd avoid the early year XFs, I believe the quality/reliability improved in the latter years of the Gen 1 car, but as I note, it ain't perfect. Still, a great car to drive (and look at!). Likely my favorite car I've owned. But, when the warranty is up at the end of '17, I will have to think long and hard about keeping it. Of course, I may trade it for an XE (with longer warranty and scheduled maintenance!).

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)