Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• wreck500wreck500 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a 2017 Accord Sport SE in Atlanta, GA. $24,600 out the door. Includes $1620 sales tax, $599 doc fee, and $138 registration fee, all other governmental fees. So around $22,243 for vehicle price, or about 18% below MSRP including destination. I don't believe they will go any lower (at least at this point in the month) as I tried but they let me leave yesterday with that as the last dealer offer and my offer at $200 below. I think it's pretty good, but wanted to get other thoughts.
  • houtxbuyerhoutxbuyer Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2017
    IF 2017 is the last model of the 9th generation accords... should we expect better discounting at end of year when the 2018's (gen 10 accords roll out)? ie should end of cycle discounting be greater than the usual year model discounting?
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    Has Honda announced a date when the 2018 Accord will go on sale?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• pistonhondakopistonhondako Member Posts: 6
    We don't have any public details on the 2018 Accord. Nothing from the Detroit Auto Show, so far.

All things being equal, there should be better discounting on 2017 (9th generation) Accords when the next generation rolls out. However, if the 2018's are a disappointment, that goes out the window.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

A reporter is looking to talk to someone who was originally shopping for a new car, but decided to buy a CPO vehicle instead because it was a better deal. If you're willing to assist, please send an email to PR@Edmunds.com no later than Monday, January 16, 2017.
  • caseynjcaseynj Member Posts: 1
    Looking for a 2017 Honda Accord 4Dr Sport with CVT auto trans. What is a reasonable $ OTD quote for this car in northern NJ 07003? Is $22,800 a reasonable OTD-offer to dealers? Plz help.
  • dp_hondadp_honda Member Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone,
    I am looking for accord 17 touring in Bay area,CA. The best quote I got is of 33K $ OTD ( 30K which includes destination fee + 10% all CA taxes). Can I expect better quote than this in Bay area?
    edited January 2017
    2017 EX-L 4cyl, w/ navi and sensing OTD with Tax (texas) $27,900, thoughts?

the price before destination, doc fee and TTL would be roughly $25K

22% off MSRP on the base price
  • boyflyboyfly Member Posts: 23

2017 EX-L 4cyl, w/ navi and sensing OTD with Tax (texas) $27,900, thoughts?

the price before destination, doc fee and TTL would be roughly $25K

22% off MSRP on the base price

How much for the mud flaps and tint? Looks to be around 1,000. You won't beat the 22% off base price.
    edited January 2017
    boyfly said:

How much for the mud flaps and tint? Looks to be around 1,000. You won't beat the 22% off base price.

that was in the written offer price.. the OTD was with all the dealer included accessories.

I didn't close the deal as it was 4-5 hrs away. Every other dealer (and high level people that talked internal pricing details) I ran the deal by said it was total BS - and that I wouldn't get the car.. and not in the normal way where they tell you every other quote that's lower from their quote is a thief and a liar..

Amazing deal if it was real.. but based on all my checks, someone most likely screwed up . and once I wasted 5 hours of my life getting there and they saw the loss they were taking on that model. that car would have "already been sold to someone else" or whatever BS they pull when they realize they messed up a quote
    what dealer
  • sortega27sortega27 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

i just moved over to the Boston area and looking to purchase a 2017 Honda CR-V EX AWD. I've never purchased and was hoping I can get some advice here. What price should I target? Thanks!
  • rogersterlingrogersterling Member Posts: 7
    What trim do you think is the best value for the money? Everyone's needs are different, but just wanted to see if anyone has opinions on the Accord trim with the best bang for the buck. For example, a lot of folks think the Touring is overpriced for what you get. I'm looking at the EX-L. Is it the LX? The Sport?
  • hondax4hondax4 Member Posts: 24
    Sport SE has great value. You get leather with heated seats and wheels nicer than the EX imo. No sunroof or lane departure but can be had for 22300 vs EXL at 25k minimum. Really does depend on what the individual feels is most important
    hondax4 said:

Sport SE has great value. You get leather with heated seats and wheels nicer than the EX imo. No sunroof or lane departure but can be had for 22300 vs EXL at 25k minimum. Really does depend on what the individual feels is most important

it's odd that the sport SE is the only trim you can't get sensing on...
  • henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    If you need (or just want) the V6, you have to spring for the EX-L or Touring. Which is a shame, as both come with a sunroof, which I most definitely do not want.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
    henryn said:

If you need (or just want) the V6, you have to spring for the EX-L or Touring. Which is a shame, as both come with a sunroof, which I most definitely do not want.

are you looking for an accord in houston? we should team up

besides, you have to a sunroof to make sure the leather seats are 100 degrees in the summer
    edited January 2017
    based on this weekends pricing exercise.. some probably obvious pointers

don't start the pricing process too far in advance.. if you want serious offers.. you have to be closing in 1-2 days, ideally same day..

offers are really non comparable, , make sure you know what is included or better yet what all they are leaving out.. if they can't break it out in a meaningful way. you're most likely looking at base price or base price + destination..

base price
    destination ($835)
    dealer installed accessories. (~$1k ish) - some dealers will quote OTD prices that EXCLUDE these accessories

= subtotal

sales tax (.0625 in texas)
    inventory tax (.0025 to .0035 in texas)
    title/registration ($126 in texas)
    Doc fees (ranges $150 to $175ish in texas, there's a large variance by state)

= true OTD price

get quotes in writing, with this level of detailed breakout.. and if anyone has any advice on how to make a written offer binding. .I'm all ears.
  • detroitbabudetroitbabu Member Posts: 8

Bought a 2017 Honda Accord EX with Sensing today for $23,700. That does not include a $210 Michigan Doc Fee or TTL. I'd like to say thanks to everybody posting in this forum as I think this is a great source of pricing information.

It was a very easy process, all pricing discussion taking place via email. In and out of the dealer in about two hours, but that's probably to be expected as they were rather busy today. Who woulda guessed? :smile:

Which dealer in Detroit?
  • jascha14jascha14 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Hi All,

Bay Area (Northern California)

I was offered $27,500 for a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L.

MSRP: $32,905
    Invoice: $30,087

I am still waiting for an OTD price from the dealership. I am assuming this quote offer is good though?

My question is, is there anything I should be prepared for when walking into the dealership to sign papers? Or maybe things I should solidify/clarify before heading in?

My first time buying a car so any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE:
    OTD $30,138

Another thing I am curious about is that I would really like to add parking sensors to the front and rear. Does anyone know if Honda dealerships can make this as an optional add in? It seems like you can't do it.
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    TrueCar gets $400 bucks for every car they sucker you into buying using one of their lame certificates. A few years back in an Automotive News - a weekly publication for the Auto industry, TrueCar took out all kinds of advertising, apologizing to dealers and promising to not share the discounters prices people pay. Remember they advertise they give you the "best price" and now that canard has been somewhat updated in their commercials. At the time, many of the non discounter dealers were very upset. Imagine the general public finding out how much someone paid down the road? Why, that is blaspheme. MD, VA, and DC had the best prices at the time. I noticed the following week the publication came out, that prices in the National Capital Region Area was "bumped" up by about $1000 across the board for Honda Accords (I was looking to purchase at this time) on the TrueCar Website. I suggest using TrueCar and Edmunds to get ball park numbers on pricing. If you want the best deals, be prepared to email at least 15 dealers and travel a few hours if you are serious about saving money. You'll be presently surprised by offers that will be lower than what you'll see as a "great deal guaranteed" price if you run in with your TrueCar certificate. I will never forget the crying by the CEO of TrueCar begging the auto industry to let them in. His company will never get $400 bucks out of me.
  • phomailan1phomailan1 Member Posts: 6
    Looking for a 2017 accord lx in las vegas area. I got a few emails return and lowest is
    Vehicle Price: $23,990.00
    AutoNation Savings: - $3,783.00
    AutoNation Price: $20,207.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $1,687.58
    Smog Fee: + $42.50
    Title Fee: + $29.25
    Documentation Fee: + $499.50
    Balance Due (estimate): $22,465.83

Is it good or can i do better. After reading more reviews i probably now looking for 2017 LX with Sensing. My target is $22500 OTD , is it wishful thinking in Las vegas?
    phutball said:

I was offered $21500 OTD ($19166 before only TTL)for a 2016 Accord LX w/Sensing and $21000 OTD ($18666 before only TTL) for 2017 LX, both are 19% off MSRP. Should i go ahead to bring the car home? Which one would be better for the money in your opinion? Thanks.

I hope my Las Vegas dealers can offer the same. I will jumping into this 2017 Lx deal.
  • chowee21chowee21 Member Posts: 8
    Finalized my deal... 17 Accord EX-L ~$24,400 OTD... tax paid during licensing and was calculated based on [(price of my new car) - (how much I sold my old car) ] X ~5.9% which is state and county tax... plus another~$15 for licensing and title fees.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,072
    chowee21 said:

Finalized my deal... 17 Accord EX-L ~$24,400 OTD... tax paid during licensing and was calculated based on [(price of my new car) - (how much I sold my old car) ] X ~5.9% which is state and county tax... plus another~$15 for licensing and title fees.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

chowee21 said:

How did you get EX-L for that price $24000 OTD. MSRP is $29970. please share.
  • chowee21chowee21 Member Posts: 8
    How did you get EX-L for that price $24000 OTD. MSRP is $29970. please share.
     Shopped around between Christmas and New Year's day, looked at three different dealers, and  just negotiated a little bit...
  • lam2raylam2ray Member Posts: 8
    Hi fam., I'm trying to buy a 2017 Accord Coupe Touring and got the following quote from a dealership in Montgomery County MD. I just started the process and wanna know if this is a good deal.

$34,475.00 - MSRP without destination/freight/handling charge fee
    $29,835.00 - Dealer's TrueCar Reduced price
    $ 875.00 - Destination/Freight/Handling fee
    $ 300.00 - Processing fee
    $ 1,860.60 - MD 6% Tax
    $ 279.00 - MD registration, title and tag fee
    $33,149.60 - Final price with all fees.

Looks like this thread is as dead as a dodo.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited January 2017
    lam2ray said:

Hi fam., I'm trying to buy a 2017 Accord Coupe Touring and got the following quote from a dealership in Montgomery County MD. I just started the process and wanna know if this is a good deal.

$34,475.00 - MSRP without destination/freight/handling charge fee
    $29,835.00 - Dealer's TrueCar Reduced price
    $ 875.00 - Destination/Freight/Handling fee
    $ 300.00 - Processing fee
    $ 1,860.60 - MD 6% Tax
    $ 279.00 - MD registration, title and tag fee
    $33,149.60 - Final price with all fees.

Your deal now as it stands is $1364 below invoice ( after minusing doc fee charge )

My Suggestion .. Your area MD has excellent pricing... Play the game you will save more $$$...Hold out to the very end of the month , get more dealerships involved. You should be able to get another $500 to 1000 lower depending on your negotiating skills and if you buy last 2 days, last day of this month or next. Your pricing leverage comes by letting all your targeted dealers know your buying that day or tell each dealer ... meet my price of XXX I buy today. Dealers that don't have your Accord on there lot will result in a higher price.

If you need suggested md dealers let me know...............................Good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Thanks a lot Brian. I'd definitely appreciate that. This forum helped me a lot when I bought in 2006, and I'm looking to buy today if possible. I have been dealing with Criswell but they don't have Touring on their lot and they would not come down on price, presumably because they are getting it from somewhere else. Your suggestion on dealers and price will be greatly appreciated.

Ray.
  • tatseatatsea Member Posts: 17
    I am in the market for a Hybrid EXL and I am in the So Cal area. Any ideas on what is a good price for this car? MSRP is about 34k and I have seen postings at around 27k.
    edited January 2017
    lam2ray said:

Thanks a lot Brian. I'd definitely appreciate that. This forum helped me a lot when I bought in 2006, and I'm looking to buy today if possible. I have been dealing with Criswell but they don't have Touring on their lot and they would not come down on price, presumably because they are getting it from somewhere else. Your suggestion on dealers and price will be greatly appreciated.

Ray.

Pit these dealers against each other in MD these are my Fav's. Shoot every one a email or make a direct call to the internet managers/ depts. ( especially if your buying today)

Shockley, Jim Coleman , Pohanka , Criswell, O'Donnell, Brown's , Heritage of Parkville.

These dealers below are hit and miss depending if they need end of the month sales quotas.

1- Herson's
    2- College
    3- Ourisman
    4- Sport

edited January 2017
    Most 17 Accord Coupe Touring's sell higher than Sedans . Its a supply and demand factor. Finding a Coupe touring on one of these dealers lots will help you make the lowest possible deal.

Rule #1 Never rush buying.... Negotiate with all above dealers that you don't mind driving to... Then letting each dealer know X price gets your business today or down the road. Then sit back and let each dealer bid for your business. decide what earns your business another $600, maybe 1k.. then take that number and negotiate the [non-permissible content removed] out of it.

• jstrahnjstrahn Member Posts: 3
    Looking for feedback on whether this is a decent deal:

Tulsa, Oklahoma

2017 Accord Sport SE
    Purchase price: 23660
    Tax: 769
    Title: 11
    License: 94

OTD Price: 24534
  • zerglingdudezerglingdude Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017

jstrahn said:
    Looking for feedback on whether this is a decent deal: Tulsa, Oklahoma 2017 Accord Sport SE Purchase price: 23660 Tax: 769 Title: 11 License: 94 OTD Price: 24534

I do not think so. In Northern California I was offered $22,888 before tax, fee etc via online before even entering the dealership. Let me know what you get
  • dellcoupondellcoupon Member Posts: 5
    Looking for feedback on a 2017 Accord Hybrid Touring $31,600 OTD in Houston, TX 
  • gamoralegamorale Member Posts: 6
    Interested in getting a Honda Accord EX 2017.

I've been searching my local dealers via online and have come across a low quote. This is one of the automated ones you get when you request to look at prices:

MSRP: $27,050
    Invoice: $25,483
    Dealer Quote: $22,950 with dest, charge

My question is can I ask for maybe $22,000, say $22,150 and see what I get? Should I contact the dealers now and get a few quotes or wait some until the end of the month? I'm also a recent graduate so there's a $500 incentive from me (also, should I hold off on that info or?) This would be my first car purchase.

Thank you!
    From above: I am located in the east bay of the SF Bay Area.

A dealer in Northern California was able to work with me today (January 2nd). I was able to purchase a 2017 Accord EX CVT for $22,700 (including the $835 destination charge). MSRP was $27,365 (including destination). I offered to finance if it helped. Not many dealers seemed willing to go that low.

I'm happy with the price but I'm curious if anyone got it lower! I saw the earlier post of someone from Massachusetts who got it for $22,630 (incl. destination).

( Tax/Title/Doc were extra, of course)

You give me hope! I'm looking for something similar, I was hoping to pitch $22,500. Think that's doable? Also in Norther California / Bay Area.
  • pistonhondakopistonhondako Member Posts: 6
    gamorale said:

You give me hope! I'm looking for something similar, I was hoping to pitch $22,500. Think that's doable? Also in Norther California / Bay Area.

$22.5 might be doable. I've seen a report (not confirmed) of someone, somewhere in the US doing $22.3 on an EX CVT. I can't find any more details though. NADA shows the current lowest sales price of $23,078 - I expected lower numbers since Accord sales (and sedans in general) are getting weaker.

E-mail the dealerships directly through their websites with a $22.5 offer (or whatever # you pick) and see what they say. End of the month buying gives you the most leverage.

I had better pricing success with out of the way dealers and also with some (not all) dealerships run by the Sonic Automotive Group.

If the new graduate incentive is offered directly by Honda I personally wouldn't mention it at first.

Keep us posted!

gamorale said:

$22.5 might be doable. I've seen a report (not confirmed) of someone, somewhere in the US doing $22.3 on an EX CVT. I can't find any more details though. NADA shows the current lowest sales price of $23,078 - I expected lower numbers since Accord sales (and sedans in general) are getting weaker.

E-mail the dealerships directly through their websites with a $22.5 offer (or whatever # you pick) and see what they say. End of the month buying gives you the most leverage.

I had better pricing success with out of the way dealers and also with some (not all) dealerships run by the Sonic Automotive Group.

If the new graduate incentive is offered directly by Honda I personally wouldn't mention it at first.

Keep us posted!
    My most recent offer has been $22,680 plus TTL a few minutes ago. Wow, that's great as well. With the new grad rebate (as down payment), it would be $22,180.
  • clubhops10clubhops10 Member Posts: 4
    Would you guys be willing to share which dealers are providing the quotes for the EX in the 22k range? Looking for this model and willing to travel to purchase in CA. Thanks!
  • evilamievilami Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Hello everyone,

OC (Southern California)

Just purchased a 2017 Honda Accord Sport (CVT)

MSRP: $26,050
    Invoice $24,120

Purchase Price: $22,418 (before TTL)

OTD $24,362

Did I get a good deal?
  • sidcar24sidcar24 Member Posts: 1
    hello, first time post
    received offer in ANAHEIM CA 92806 for HONDA ACCORD 2017 SPORT

invoice: $21691
    taxes :1687.25
    dmv /doc : 360
    OTD: $23,739

good deal ? what should I counter with?

thanks
  • yoyoyo124yoyoyo124 Member Posts: 3
    gamorale said:

gamorale said:

Keep us posted!
    My most recent offer has been $22,680 plus TTL a few minutes ago. Wow, that's great as well. With the new grad rebate (as down payment), it would be $22,180.
    I plan to purchase an EX as well. I am in Texas and I got two quotes today.

EX white w/ sensing.
    Internet price: $23,800

EX white
    Internet price: $23,200

Plan to knockout 1k. Keep me posted when you get lower offer!
  • yoyoyo124yoyoyo124 Member Posts: 3
    yoyoyo124 said:

gamorale said:

gamorale said:

Keep us posted!

EX white w/ sensing.

EX white

Got a new quote of EX white without sensing.
    Sale price of $22.8k
    OTD price $24.7k
    Dealer in Houston, TX

Would you guys be willing to share which dealers are providing the quotes for the EX in the 22k range? Looking for this model and willing to travel to purchase in CA. Thanks!

Will do!

Just as a suggestion as to how I started: I got a quote from truecar.com and edmunds. It showed me a quote of $23,096 in my area. I would suggest use fremont,ca or concord, ca as an example, since the out-of-the-way dealers in the bay area were more inclined to match or beat a price versus those located in Oakland, San Jose,etc. From there various dealers will contact you to match it or (only a few) offer to beat it by a few.

Internet price: $23,096
    Sale price: $22,500 (yay!)
    OTD: ~24,8k

My deal didn't even have the color I wanted in stock, so they traded with another dealer at no charge to me.

I would suggest getting online quotes from these dealers located in these cities: Santa Rosa, Concord, Livermore, Fremont, Daly Cit (Serramonte), Sacramento (Mel Rapton), Fairfield (Steve Hopkins Honda, the one I finalized with). The salesmen here were more inclined to call and negotiate prices.

Good luck!
    yoyoyo124 said:

yoyoyo124 said:

gamorale said:

gamorale said:

Keep us posted!

EX white w/ sensing.

EX white

Got a new quote of EX white without sensing.
    Sale price of $22.8k
    OTD price $24.7k
    Dealer in Houston, TX
    Whoa, if you can get $22,200 that would be amazing!