Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Replacement Tires. Any recommendations?

mikieguns5mikieguns5 Member Posts: 36
edited November 2016 in Honda
Hi. Any tire experts out there? My minivan is on year 4. Time to replace the tires it seems. (at least the 2 in the back I am told). I see good sales at Sears but have no idea if these are any good. Any thoughts? thanks!!

Cooper CS3 TOURING 235/65R17 104T BW All-Season Tire $115

Continental ContiProContact - P235/65R17 103T - All Season Tire $125

DieHard Silver Touring All-Season Tire - P235/65R17 103T $112

Guardsman LT - P235/65R17 103S - All Season Tire $91

Goodyear Weatherhandler Fuel Max P235/65R17 103H BW All-Season $89

http://www.sears.com/automotive-tires-wheels-tires-all-tires/b-1289603153?Tire Size=235-65-17&filterList=Tire Size&unitNo=0006404

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,051
    I would check TireRack.com for consumer reviews. Take note of those from other members with minivans.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2016
    I recently got some Continentals for my '09 Grand Caravan based on a personal recommendation or two around here.

They are the True Contacts. I was afraid they might be too stiff since they have a high treadwear count, but so far so good. It's early days but they seem fine. They were around $115 at Walmart for a 16" tire, so your 17s would run a bit more.

When I lived in snow country, I ran Nokian WRG2s and really liked them. They were especially good in rain (nothing is going to really help a minivan much in snow). But they are pricey and can be hard to find.
  • dave_dudedave_dude Member Posts: 14
    try here - Discount Tires Direct.
  • dave_dudedave_dude Member Posts: 14
    Falken Sincera SN250 A/S
    235 /65 R17 104T SL BSW
    Mileage Warranty: 80,000 Miles
    Treadwear: 720
    Traction: A
    Temperature: B
    Speed Rating: T
    Customer Rating: 10
    $106.85 each

• smallinjecksmallinjeck Member Posts: 10
    I usually buy from Tire Rack. Why don't you consider replacing them with the same brand it served you well?
  • hondadriverhondadriver Member Posts: 6
    COSTCO is a great place to buy tires if you have one near you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,051

COSTCO is a great place to buy tires if you have one near you.

I agree.. If they have the tire you want, you usually can't beat their price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    If you have kids and a variable climate, might want to drop a few extra bucks on some Michelins. Generally good quality, wear and treads.
  • drivingdavedrivingdave Member Posts: 9
    Tires are not something that you want to skimp on. Check reviews on brands that you like as well as what other van owners recommend.