Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

lease payment vs online calculator

yunisphotosyunisphotos Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Nissan
I'm looking for a new car to lease in south florida.
last quote i got was the following

2017 Nissan Pathfinder SL basic
MSRP: $37,835.00
Sale Price: $31,221.18
Fees: $955
MF: 0.00083
RV: 57%

Monthly payment: $517

When i do the math using multiple online calculator they all come with $40-$50 less. why the different? is dealer hiding something?

also do i have to pay sales tax with my CAP or on my monthly payment? they adding $954.02 to my CAP

thank you!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

When i do the math using multiple online calculator they all come with $40-$50. why the different? is dealer hiding something?

also do i have to pay sales tax with my CAP or on my monthly payment? they adding $954.02 to my CAP

thank you!

Florida taxes the monthly payment. But, any amounts paid upfront are taxed upfront.
    Many times, a dealer's "quote" won't be a quote of the actual lease numbers, but just a lot of informational garbage. Are you sure they added it to the CAP? Or, is it just a line, showing the total tax paid?

Nissan charges a $595 acquisition fee on every lease.
    Florida dealers are famous for huge doc/dealer fees.

Ask for the adjusted CAP cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• yunisphotosyunisphotos Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    kyfdx said:

When i do the math using multiple online calculator they all come with $40-$50. why the different? is dealer hiding something?

thank you!

Florida taxes the monthly payment. But, any amounts paid upfront are taxed upfront.
    Many times, a dealer's "quote" won't be a quote of the actual lease numbers, but just a lot of informational garbage. Are you sure they added it to the CAP? Or, is it just a line, showing the total tax paid?

below is the quote i got. so you can see with details. I'm also trade in. for me it looks like it was added to the CAP

kyfdx said:

thank you!

below is the quote i got. so you can see with details. I'm also trade in. for me it looks like it was added to the CAP

As you can see, those numbers are for purchasing, and there really is no disclosure of lease terms and numbers... just a "cash down" and payment number at the bottom.
    That tax number is irrelevant for a lease.

This is a typical Autonation quote.

Also, looks like you have over $3800 of negative equity in your trade in?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• yunisphotosyunisphotos Member Posts: 3
    yes I do have an negative from the trade-in. i asked the person to remove the taxes and his responded that was the county tax and he can't remove it

yes I do have an negative from the trade-in. i asked the person to remove the taxes and his responded that was the county tax and he can't remove it

Again.. those numbers are for a purchase quote. Many of those numbers will not be applicable to a lease

Ask for the adjusted CAP cost, and the calculation that goes with it. That purchase quote is not the answer you are looking for.
    Ask for the money factor, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator