Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Toyota Tacoma Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• clay7160clay7160 Member Posts: 12
    is it cheaper with toyota financial to do a one pay lease? do they allow multiple security deposits, and can you apply them to one pay lease? Thank you for all of your knowledge.
    clay
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,084
    clay7160 said:

is it cheaper with toyota financial to do a one pay lease? do they allow multiple security deposits, and can you apply them to one pay lease? Thank you for all of your knowledge.
    clay

I'm sure Toyota has a single pay lease program, but I don't know the parameters.

They also have an MSD program, but you can't combine it with the single pay lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    kyfdx said:

They also have an MSD program, but you can't combine it with the single pay lease.

What's the MAX MSD?

kyfdx said:

What's the MAX MSD?
    I think it's nine deposits at .00008 each, for a total of .00072 reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• clay7160clay7160 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for your knowledge KYfdx !
  • plutoditeplutodite Member Posts: 21
    Hello. May I please have the MF/RV for the '17 TRD-OR Access Cab V6 AT for 24/15k , 36/12k & 36/15k in PHX?

As well as same for '17 TRD-OR DC Long Bed V6 AT.

Also, which 4x4 trim & configuration has or tends to have the highest residual? 

Much thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252
    plutodite said:

Hello. May I please have the MF/RV for the '17 TRD-OR Access Cab V6 AT for 24/15k , 36/12k & 36/15k in PHX?

Much thanks.

.00200 MF for all Tacomas

24/15 / 36/15
    TRD OffRoad Access Cab V6 AT - 78% or 71%
    TRD Offroad Double Cab V6 AT - 79% or 72%

Add 2% for 12K

The Double Cab TRD OffRoad Manual Transmission has the highest residuals - 82% or 75%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

Much thanks.
    .00200 MF for all Tacomas 24/15 / 36/15 TRD OffRoad Access Cab V6 AT - 78% or 71% TRD Offroad Double Cab V6 AT - 79% or 72% Add 2% for 12K The Double Cab TRD OffRoad Manual Transmission has the highest residuals - 82% or 75%
    Jaw dropping. I do want the MT. I somehow overlooked its availability once I was disappointed the Access cab only came in AT.

Thanks!
  • buckey1948buckey1948 Member Posts: 23
    why don't you recommend paying sales tax and dmv fees up front? Would lower my payment by about $60 a month.
    looking at TRD Off Road accesscab 4x4 auto v6

why don't you recommend paying sales tax and dmv fees up front? Would lower my payment by about $60 a month.
    looking at TRD Off Road accesscab 4x4 auto v6

But, it doesn't really save you any money. You are paying it upfront vs. over the life of the lease.
    If you pay the full tax amount out of pocket, then the car is totaled, Ohio isn't going to rebate that tax money to you. But, if you rolled that tax amount into the lease, GAP insurance would cover it. (if TFS included GAP insurance with their lease, but of course, they are the only bank that doesn't).

You can put $7200 down on a lease and lower your payment by $200/mo. But, that doesn't change the total cost.

.00200 MF and 69% residual for 36/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• thedjm1thedjm1 Member Posts: 11
    Looks like .002 MF across the board. I'm in the bay area of CA (Silicon Valley). Looking at a TRD Off Road double cab 4x4 auto v6 with premium/tech pkg and choosing between 24 and 36 month lease and 8-12K miles/year. I suspect residuals on the 24 month must be close to or over 80%?

I'm looking for the cheapest total cash cost of the lease including single payment lease and/or max MSDs.
    thedjm1 said:

Looks like .002 MF across the board. I'm in the bay area of CA (Silicon Valley). Looking at a TRD Off Road double cab 4x4 auto v6 with premium/tech pkg and choosing between 24 and 36 month lease and 8-12K miles/year. I suspect residuals on the 24 month must be close to or over 80%?

I'm looking for the cheapest total cash cost of the lease including single payment lease and/or max MSDs.

78%/72% residual for 24/36 months, 12K/yr
    (12K/yr is the lowest allowance offered)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the details. I have a dealer quoting me .0021 MF. Is this coming straight from Toyota or is the extra .0001 something that the dealer is adding for themselves?
    thedjm1 said:

Thanks for the details. I have a dealer quoting me .0021 MF. Is this coming straight from Toyota or is the extra .0001 something that the dealer is adding for themselves?

We haven't seen the new February standard rate, yet... But, Lexus went up from .0020 to .0021, so it's likely that Toyota has, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cj4713popstarcj4713popstar Member Posts: 56
    Hello, do you have any residual changes for Feb Yet? Looking for Tacoma TRD Double Cab manual transmission OffRoad and Pro trims 36/15k in Illinois.

Hello, do you have any residual changes for Feb Yet? Looking for Tacoma TRD Double Cab manual transmission OffRoad and Pro trims 36/15k in Illinois.

.00210 and 73% (Off-Road) or 67% (Pro)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Toyota residuals only adjust quarterly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• throttleblip1throttleblip1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I'm seriously considering a new Tacoma. Can you please tell me based on Los Angeles, CA.
    2017 Tacoma 4dr, 4x4, limited, shortbed, auto. What is the MF and Residual?
    Also, would I be crazy to think I can find one for $500 over invoice?
    12k, 36mo

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm seriously considering a new Tacoma. Can you please tell me based on Los Angeles, CA.
    12k, 36mo

Thanks.

.00210 MF

What cab style?

Unlikely that you'll get a price of $500 over invoice, but there are a ton of Toyota dealers in and around LA. Contact as many as you're willing to travel to (consider Orange Co, San Diego and Ventura Co) and see if one meets your number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

My dealer is now telling me that .0021 MF is only for Tier 1+ *and* previous toyota credit users. For the Tier 1+ only plebs like myself, it's .0022. Is that true?
    thedjm1 said:

My dealer is now telling me that .0021 MF is only for Tier 1+ *and* previous toyota credit users. For the Tier 1+ only plebs like myself, it's .0022. Is that true?

Don't have specific evidence to confirm that. Check with other dealers and see if you get a consistent story.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

thedjm1 said:

Tier 1 rates are .00010 higher than Tier 1+

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• grover71grover71 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for the support.

DFW Texas / Gulf States

2017 DCLB TRD OR 4x4 
    MSRP: $38491+ Dealer Adds: $893 (BS stuff) = $39384 + ttl

704 credit

36 mos / 12k only 1st down.  They offered $399 month.   Don't know their MF or RV yet

They are competing with a local lease company and matching thier deal.   

Is this fair or should I drill down on Cap cost

Thanks

grover71 said:

Thank you for the support.

DFW Texas / Gulf States

2017 DCLB TRD OR 4x4 
    MSRP: $38491+ Dealer Adds: $893 (BS stuff) = $39384 + ttl

704 credit

36 mos / 12k only 1st down.  They offered $399 month.   Don't know their MF or RV yet

They are competing with a local lease company and matching thier deal.   

Is this fair or should I drill down on Cap cost

Thanks

You should get the cap cost.

However, given that TX taxes the entire selling price, $399/mo with only first month due out of pocket is a pretty decent deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• throttleblip1throttleblip1 Member Posts: 5
    Michaell said:

Hi,

12k, 36mo

Thanks.

.00210 MF

What cab style?

Unlikely that you'll get a price of $500 over invoice, but there are a ton of Toyota dealers in and around LA. Contact as many as you're willing to travel to (consider Orange Co, San Diego and Ventura Co) and see if one meets your number.
    Cab style is double cab.

Michaell said:

Hi,

12k, 36mo

Thanks.

.00210 MF

What cab style?

Cab style is double cab.
    70% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• fokkersffokkersf Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2017
    Hello, looking for MF and Residual for TRD Offroad in Access Cab and Double Cab for 36/12 in Colorado
    fokkersf said:

Hello, looking for MF and Residual for TRD Offroad in Access Cab and Double Cab for 36/12 in Colorado

Assuming 4x4, .00210 and 71% (access cab) or 72% (double cab automatic)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited February 2017
    Michaell said:
    These numbers are national, 4WD, and still apply in PHX?

May I also please have 24/15k & 36/15k #'s for:

4WD SR Double Cab Short Bed V6 AT
    4WD SR5 Access Cab Long Bed V6 AT
    4WD TRD Sport Access Cab Long Bed V6 MT

Much appreciated.

edited February 2017
    plutodite said:

Michaell said:

These numbers are national, 4WD, and still apply in PHX?

May I also please have 24/15k & 36/15k #'s for:

4WD SR Double Cab Short Bed V6 AT
    4WD SR5 Access Cab Long Bed V6 AT
    4WD TRD Sport Access Cab Long Bed V6 MT

Much appreciated.

.00210 MF and ...

SR Double - 78% or 71%
    SR5 Access - 76% or 69%
    TRD Sport Access - 75% or 68%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited February 2017
    Thank you for the numbers.

When I select the utility package ($1,715) (rear seat delete) using the Edmunds TMV SR Double Cab build and price page, there's no change in TMV or MSRP. Is this an option that doesn't affect the MSRP of the vehicle (and as a consequence the residual is unaltered) or a flaw in the TMV calculator?
    plutodite said:

Thank you for the numbers.

When I select the utility package ($1,715) (rear seat delete) using the Edmunds TMV SR Double Cab build and price page, there's no change in TMV or MSRP. Is this an option that doesn't affect the MSRP of the vehicle (and as a consequence the residual is unaltered) or a flaw in the TMV calculator?

My guess is that it's an error in the calculator.

There is a help button at the bottom of the page to report this to tech support.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• debro7046debro7046 Member Posts: 18
    Can I please have the MF & RV for 2017 Tacoma TRD PRO manual in NJ. Thanks

24/15k
    36/15k
    debro7046 said:

24/15k
    36/15k

Which cab style?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Sorry about that, double cab/short bed 4x4
    debro7046 said:

24/15k
    36/15k

debro7046 said:

Sorry about that, double cab/short bed 4x4

.00210 and 74% / 67%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the info. In your experience which trim level Tacoma has the highest residual value at 15k/yr with a manual?
    debro7046 said:

Thanks for the info. In your experience which trim level Tacoma has the highest residual value at 15k/yr with a manual?

Double Cab V6 TRD Off-Road MT - 73%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited February 2017
    In the finance office, I was shown Toyota lease tables and 24-36 months was .0022 and 37+ was .0024.

The 60 month Toyota standard lease residual was 54% for 12k on a Double Cab V6 TRD Off-Road MT

What are the cons to leasing at the longer terms if the residuals are still incredibly high and seem to align with trade-in values?
    plutodite said:

In the finance office, I was shown Toyota lease tables and 24-36 months was .0022 and 37+ was .0024.

The 60 month Toyota standard lease residual was 54% for 12k on a Double Cab V6 TRD Off-Road MT

What are the cons to leasing at the longer terms if the residuals are still incredibly high and seem to align with trade-in values?

Out of warranty, driving needs and mileage driven might change.

If it really holds it's value that well, just buy it with an 84 month loan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited February 2017
    From the dealer's perspective, what do they have to gain from a customer's longer lease term if the selling price remains the same but they swap out TFS for another bank matching the same money factor? Is it likely that they are getting a kickback on the larger rent charge that they wouldn't receive on a shorter term or no kickback at all through TFS?
    plutodite said:

From the dealer's perspective, what do they have to gain from a customer's longer lease term if the selling price remains the same but they swap out TFS for another bank matching the same money factor? Is it likely that they are getting a kickback on the larger rent charge that they wouldn't receive on a shorter term or no kickback at all through TFS?

Anything is possible when it comes to the dealers and banks doing business. We'll never know, however.

What outcome are you looking for? Leasing is an alternative method of financing where you only pay for that part of the vehicle you use during the lease term. Simply put, it's renting the car.

As long as you've negotiated a good selling price, and can be reasonably sure the MF isn't marked up by the dealer, you'll have a decent lease deal. We suggest not leasing for terms longer than the warranty, and to not put any money down to "lower" your payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited February 2017
    I'm experienced with leasing. The outcome I look for is to minimize cash outlay and debt burden and acquire a pricier car than income-based loans would allow. I always do zero due at signing. Unless they were acquired through inflated residual subvented lease specials, I usually sell the vehicles profitably before turn-in. 

If you wonder about my recent posting history across multiple vehicles, it's because I'm handling multiple transactions for myself and relatives. I've already completed two.

I ask these questions because I've never encountered this particular situation before:

A highly in-demand, special order, rarely/minimally discounted nationwide highest residual and sustained trade-in value vehicle with a fairly high manufacturer money factor for which a dealer pushes an alternate bank at the same non-marked up money factor for 60 months but with a lower residual which actually aids trade-in or sale viability pre-lease-end. It's simply thrown me off.

I went in ready to order a $35k msrp Tacoma ($33k selling price) TRD-OR at $426/mth inc. tax sign and drive (doc/reg/acq all rolled in) for 36/15k but was pushed to order a $38k msrp (~$36,400 selling price) Tacoma TRD-OR for $467/mth inc. tax sign and drive (fees rolled in) for 60/12k with an alternate bank, same non-marked up MF but lower residual than TFS, 51% vs 54% so more depreciation is paid and it's easier to exit early.

Do you see any negatives regarding this specific vehicle and deal?

The warranty and mileage lease issues don't seem to matter if I bank on Tacoma's residual history and exit in 3 years without a loss.
    edited February 2017
    My ability to edit my last post expired. I spent most of the night checking private party values at various years and mileages and it looks like an early exit from the longer term would be very unlikely. So it does come down to the basics that kyfdx listed.

I used a rough calculation (remaining lease payments + taxed residual) at 36 and 48 months.

I'm guessing they were offering the reduced sales price and covering the drive fees because they recoup on the alternative bank rent charge kickback. They did order it under those terms offering me right of refusal so the litmus test will be to see if they still cover the drive off fees and same sales price, which I doubt, if I try to renegotiate to 24/15k with TFS before taking delivery. 
    plutodite said:

My ability to edit my last post expired. I spent most of the night checking private party values at various years and mileages and it looks like an early exit from the longer term would be very unlikely. So it does come down to the basics that kyfdx listed.

I used a rough calculation (remaining lease payments + taxed residual) at 36 and 48 months.

I'm guessing they were offering the reduced sales price and covering the drive fees because they recoup on the alternative bank rent charge kickback. They did order it under those terms offering me right of refusal so the litmus test will be to see if they still cover the drive off fees and same sales price, which I doubt, if I try to renegotiate to 24/15k with TFS before taking delivery. 

Agreed - longer lease terms are harder to terminate early.

And, it sort of defeats the whole purpose of leasing (for me, at least) - getting into a new car every 3 years.

Keep us posted.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• eddiemaneddieman Member Posts: 12
    Hello, can i please get the mf and residual for 2017 Tacoma 2WD TRD Sport Double Cab Short Bed V6 AT. Southern California. Thank you in advance
    eddieman said:

Hello, can i please get the mf and residual for 2017 Tacoma 2WD TRD Sport Double Cab Short Bed V6 AT. Southern California. Thank you in advance

.00210 and 68% for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited February 2017
    Michaell said:

Keep us posted.

Awaiting a response from the finance manager about restructuring the deal with the same selling price and covered drive off. Only swapping out bank and lease terms to TFS, everything else same unless they lose a kickback:

'17 TRD OR 4x4 DC V6 MT
    36mth/15k
    73% & .0022
    $38,404 MSRP
    $36,670 Selling Price
    $650 acq fee rolled in
    7.9% Sales Tax

0 drive off (They cover $650 TTR, $500 doc & 1st mth $435)

$435/mth inc. tax

How does it look? 

plutodite said:

Michaell said:

Keep us posted.

Awaiting a response from the finance manager about restructuring the deal with the same selling price and covered drive off. Only swapping out bank and lease terms to TFS, everything else same unless they lose a kickback:

'17 TRD OR 4x4 DC V6 MT
    36mth/15k
    73% & .0022
    $38,404 MSRP
    $36,670 Selling Price
    $650 acq fee rolled in
    7.9% Sales Tax

0 drive off (They cover $650 TTR, $500 doc & 1st mth $435)

$435/mth inc. tax

How does it look? 

I'm within a couple dollars of that quote with those prices.

You've convinced the dealer to eat $1500 worth of cost? I may have you negotiate my next lease :wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I have. I first eliminated $4400 upfront they were asking. He then half-joked about keeping the spare in exchange and then threw me to an alternate bank at a longer term. So I don't expect them to eat the drive fees in a restructure. So I have to decide whether the ability to do lease transfers via TFS outweighs the pricing on the 60mth.