Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Really Need Help Identifying the Make & Model of this Car. This is a life/death situation

candidate222candidate222 Member Posts: 1
edited February 2017 in General
The driver of this car stole my child and I have this photo from neighbors cameras but unfortunately the license plate cannot be made. Can you help me by identifying the make and model and whether you can tell if this is a 2-door vehicle or not.

Tagged:

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,306
    edited February 2017
    How about Suzuki X90?

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    edited February 2017
    I don't think it is two doors. Gives me a 92-96 Camry vibe (if it is a two door, a Camry of that era fits, but nothing else comes to mind), or maybe a 93-97 Prizm. Definitely has a 90s shape to my eyes. Images taken from the original source might be better quality.
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975

The driver of this car stole my child and I have this photo from neighbors cameras but unfortunately the license plate cannot be made. Can you help me by identifying the make and model and whether you can tell if this is a 2-door vehicle or not.

I am going out on a limb here. Did make me think though, how good is a security camera that distorts the image so much?

Looks more like a boxy 90s model, looks more like a 4 door than a 2 door. Very flat windshield. Almost looks like cladding behind the rear wheel...but, could be a shadow. Looks like pretty flat wheel discs. My wild guess is 96 Jetta approx.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,094
    I also get a Prizm or a NUMMI-built Nova vibe from that car.
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    I think the last NUMMI Nova was for MY 1988 or 89. The car in the pics could also maybe be a later 90s Corolla, the hubcap design in the second pic reminds me of that. But the image quality makes it tough

I'm going with Camry or Prizm/Corolla.
    It's too bad the photo is so distorted.

Only tangentially, I always thought that era of Jetta in the pic above is the most uninspired styling. The rear door shape; the amount of sheetmetal over the wheel openings....I never got all the hubbub about them.
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
    I'm also getting a Shadow/Sundance vibe in the pic.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092

If anyone can help identify this vehicle, it's the astute Edmunds members. Please provide a link to the Amber Alert or what authorities should be contacted if the make/model is determined here.

I sincerely hope your child is found safe and sound soon.