Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Credit checks

jarkjark Member Posts: 90
edited February 2017 in Kia
My lease is up very soon. I fear my credit has changed. I have leased jeep and Kia with tier 1 credit. When I turn in my Kia, will they recheck my credit at Kia or jeep if I get another vehicle from either of them?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    jark said:

My lease is up very soon. I fear my credit has changed. I have leased jeep and Kia with tier 1 credit. When I turn in my Kia, will they recheck my credit at Kia or jeep if I get another vehicle from either of them?

Yes, they will run your credit for any new loan/lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Kaizzy18Kaizzy18 Member Posts: 5
    If one dealer runs my credit with the manufacturer’s bank (eg BMW Financial Services) will my credit app and report be on file already if I end up going with another dealer of the same manufacturer? I wouldn’t want my credit to be run again by the new dealer.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Kaizzy18 said:

If one dealer runs my credit with the manufacturer’s bank (eg BMW Financial Services) will my credit app and report be on file already if I end up going with another dealer of the same manufacturer? I wouldn’t want my credit to be run again by the new dealer.

Yes, it's probably on file. But, multiple credit report requests within a short amount of time for the same purpose don't hurt your credit score.

The best thing for your credit? Always pay your bills on time. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator