Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Ford Escape Lease Questions

Comments

• tbacbatbacba Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm looking for the residual and interest rate on both a 24/12 and 36/12 lease of a 2017 Escape Titanium. Location is upstate NY, Rochester area. The dealer is quoting a 36 month residual of 50% with an interest rate of 1.25%. This doesn't sound right to me. Thanks for your help!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252
    tbacba said:

Hi, I'm looking for the residual and interest rate on both a 24/12 and 36/12 lease of a 2017 Escape Titanium. Location is upstate NY, Rochester area. The dealer is quoting a 36 month residual of 50% with an interest rate of 1.25%. This doesn't sound right to me. Thanks for your help!

I show 52% for 36/12 on the Titanium, and we don't have the specific interest rates for NY, so can't confirm that the dealer is marking that up on you.

The closest region we have is Ohio, where the rate is .50% for the 2017 Escape.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tbacbatbacba Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the quick response. I'll definitely check with a few other dealers.
  • pcwunlvpcwunlv Member Posts: 34
    MF and Residuals for Titanium FWD, 36/12, 39/12, and 42/12 in Nevada? Thanks!!!
    pcwunlv said:

No 42 month term available from Ford

36/12 - 52% and .50%
    39/12 - 50% and .75%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• pcwunlvpcwunlv Member Posts: 34
    Michaell said:

pcwunlv said:

No 42 month term available from Ford

36/12 - 52% and .50%
    39/12 - 50% and .75%
    Thanks!!!
  • new_escapenew_escape Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    What is the money factor and residual for an Escape Titanium in Southeast Michigan? Term is 24/16.5K and 36/16.5K.
    What changes if I go to 12K miles?
    Also the final price for the lease calculation is only $1,900 less than MSRP and I show RCL cash at $3,000 plus this is an "A" plan purchase? Am I missing something?

Hi,
    What is the money factor and residual for an Escape Titanium in Southeast Michigan? Term is 24/16.5K and 36/16.5K.
    Also the final price for the lease calculation is only $1,900 less than MSRP and I show RCL cash at $3,000 plus this is an "A" plan purchase? Am I missing something?

16.5K - 49%
    12K - 52%

I show .50% and $3000 lease cash for Ohio - MI may or may not have the same numbers.

What is the net price you are being quoted?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• new_escapenew_escape Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

Hi,

16.5K - 49%
    12K - 52%

I show .50% and $3000 lease cash for Ohio - MI may or may not have the same numbers.

Jumped the gun - went to the dealership last night and all 4 of the grey Escapes they show on their website are gone!

He did have a white gold one (wife hated it!) and said he'd try and grab one when the new shipment comes in. Said they can't keep them in stock!

Only thing I can figure is they are making more on retail sales so employes have to wait (or take the ones no one wants)

We have 4 weeks units the current lease expires so we'll see what they come up with.

Michaell said:

Hi,

16.5K - 49%
    12K - 52%

Jumped the gun - went to the dealership last night and all 4 of the grey Escapes they show on their website are gone!

He did have a white gold one (wife hated it!) and said he'd try and grab one when the new shipment comes in. Said they can't keep them in stock!

Only thing I can figure is they are making more on retail sales so employes have to wait (or take the ones no one wants)

We have 4 weeks units the current lease expires so we'll see what they come up with.
    They are that popular? Have you checked with other local Ford dealers? Only takes one to have the unit you want in stock.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ted_underhillted_underhill Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2017
    Looking for RVs and APRs for 2017 Ford Escape SE AWD:
    39 months @10,000 miles;
    36 months @10,000 miles; and
    33 months @10,000 miles

Upstate NY
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,095

Looking for RVs and APRs for 2017 Ford Escape SE AWD:
    39 months @10,000 miles;
    36 months @10,000 miles; and
    33 months @10,000 miles

Upstate NY

53%/51% residual for 36/39 months.
    We don't have numbers for 33 months
    0.50% APR and $3000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• pamelawalker77pamelawalker77 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2017
    Hello everybody, Pamela here from New York. I'm just looking for the RV, MF and Lease Cash for the 2017 Ford Escape Titanium 4WD. I just need to know the details so that I can compare it to my options and choose the best that could suit my budget. It should be great if you can give me some incentives details here. Thanks.
    edited January 2017
    Looking for RVs and APRs for 2017 Ford Escape Titanium AWD:
    39 months @10,000 miles; and
    36 months @10,000 miles;

At upstate NY dealership, and dealer stated RV 53% and APR 1.00%. This accurate? Also, do you recommend paying all doc dmv fees upfront? What about paying sales tax up front as well (this is NY)?

Hello everybody, Pamela here from New York. I'm just looking for the RV, MF and Lease Cash for the 2017 Ford Escape Titanium 4WD. I just need to know the details so that I can compare it to my options and choose the best that could suit my budget. It should be great if you can give me some incentives details here. Thanks.

What lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

36 months @10,000 miles;

At upstate NY dealership, and dealer stated RV 53% and APR 1.00%. This accurate? Also, do you recommend paying all doc dmv fees upfront? What about paying sales tax up front as well (this is NY)?

The Ford residuals are national, but the APR is regional - and, we don't have the NY specific numbers. So, dealer could be correct.

But, connect with other dealers and see if you get the same number.

We recommend paying your DMV costs up front. Roll the sales tax into the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

36 months @10,000 miles;

The Ford residuals are national, but the APR is regional - and, we don't have the NY specific numbers. So, dealer could be correct.

We recommend paying your DMV costs up front. Roll the sales tax into the payment.
    How do I explain to the dealer/leasing person in terms her or she understands that when I pay the DMV fees, my intention is for such payment to reduce the amount financed (i.e writing a check on the side then retuning the numbers), as opposed to it having reflected as a cap cost reduction (i.e. having it appear as a down payment)?

Michaell said:

36 months @10,000 miles;

How do I explain to the dealer/leasing person in terms her or she understands that when I pay the DMV fees, my intention is for such payment to reduce the amount financed (i.e writing a check on the side then retuning the numbers), as opposed to it having reflected as a cap cost reduction (i.e. having it appear as a down payment)?
    As long as you know the exact amount of the DMV fees, that's the amount you'll right the check for. Plus the first payment, of course. Doesn't matter how it gets reflected on the paperwork.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So, the fact that it comes out of the leasing formula just like a down payment is of no significance?

So, the fact that it comes out of the leasing formula just like a down payment is of no significance?

In the end, that's correct.

Take the selling price, add all the fees and taxes, to get the adjusted cap cost. Write the check for whatever amount you want, in addition to the first payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So, dealership wants to get me into this new lease even though I have three remaining months on my current lease. They've been saying, "we'll pick up remaining three months." I ran the numbers and not working out. However, I got to the issue after I did some basic math on the amount being "financed". Appears they are using the lease cash money provided from Ford for the new lease to pay off the remaining three months of the current lease. Is this SOP? Should I call B.S.?

So, dealership wants to get me into this new lease even though I have three remaining months on my current lease. They've been saying, "we'll pick up remaining three months." I ran the numbers and not working out. However, I got to the issue after I did some basic math on the amount being "financed". Appears they are using the lease cash money provided from Ford for the new lease to pay off the remaining three months of the current lease. Is this SOP? Should I call B.S.?

Those payments have to be paid. Using the lease cash to do so is common.

Why not wait 3 months, then you won't have the old lease to deal with.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I agree. But is it possible that the lease cash that's available now will not be available then?

I agree. But is it possible that the lease cash that's available now will not be available then?

True - nobody knows what the future numbers or incentives will look like.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pamelawalker77pamelawalker77 Member Posts: 5
    Michaell said:

10,000 miles for 36 months please. Thank you.

Michaell said:

10,000 miles for 36 months please. Thank you.
    53% and .50%

$3000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hey all. Got through my lease. What I learned. NY likes to quote 1.0 APRs. I kind of went with it given leafing through these threads (even though it should be .50 to align itself with regional number). I created a spreadsheet of all moderators and your all numbers over time and that's what said aggregated data showed. However, long story but caught my dealer quoting 2.0 APR. Was furious. So I called another dealer in the area. This dealer said, 2.0 is only for bad credit; should be .50. I called my dealer back. Dealer resisted at first. I was not budging until it got down to .50. Got it down to .50. Moral of story..if you're like me and you are aggregating data here and you are in NY, don't accept 1.0 APR. They can and will go to .50. Just gotta lean on them. Also, if you are in a current lease there is current Ford promotion where Ford/Ford Financial will cover up to three months of that lease. This is in addition to the 3,250 lease available now. Don't let the use your lease cash to cover those lease remaining lease payments if you are in such a deal.

Hey all. Got through my lease. What I learned. NY likes to quote 1.0 APRs. I kind of went with it given leafing through these threads (even though it should be .50 to align itself with regional number). I created a spreadsheet of all moderators and your all numbers over time and that's what said aggregated data showed. However, long story but caught my dealer quoting 2.0 APR. Was furious. So I called another dealer in the area. This dealer said, 2.0 is only for bad credit; should be .50. I called my dealer back. Dealer resisted at first. I was not budging until it got down to .50. Got it down to .50. Moral of story..if you're like me and you are aggregating data here and you are in NY, don't accept 1.0 APR. They can and will go to .50. Just gotta lean on them. Also, if you are in a current lease there is current Ford promotion where Ford/Ford Financial will cover up to three months of that lease. This is in addition to the 3,250 lease available now. Don't let the use your lease cash to cover those lease remaining lease payments if you are in such a deal.

Thanks for the info.

Should you find out the APR is marked up, politely tell the dealer you aren't signing with an inflated APR. Then, start working with another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Congrats on the new Escape! Good job sticking with it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stealth11stealth11 Member Posts: 35
    edited February 2017
    Hello. Do you have the February residual and apr for a 2017 Ford Escape SE for a 36/12 term in Miami?

Thank you.
    stealth11 said:

Hello. Do you have the February residual and apr for a 2017 Ford Escape SE for a 36/12 term in Miami?

Thank you.

The current Ford programs are scheduled to run through March. They might update APRs and incentives before then, but residuals will definitely stay the same until the end of the quarter.

0.50% APR and 52% residual
    $2250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kshea88kshea88 Member Posts: 7
    Good morning could you please post the residuals for a 36/15 lease in Miami? Titanium/SE. Any difference for AWD models? Thanks in advance!
    kshea88 said:

Good morning could you please post the residuals for a 36/15 lease in Miami? Titanium/SE. Any difference for AWD models? Thanks in advance!

50% for both trims, both FWD or AWD.

.50% APR and $2750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• foxandhoundfoxandhound Member Posts: 27
    Hello,
    Can I have numbers for SE and Titanium
    36 months
    10k, 12k
    Los Angeles ca
    Thanks

Hello,
    36 months
    10k, 12k
    Los Angeles ca
    Thanks

53% / 52% for both trims.

.50% APR

Shouldn't you be shopping for boats this weekend in LA?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Hello,
    36 months
    10k, 12k
    Los Angeles ca
    Thanks

.50% APR

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, but i'm the only ignorant person not doing so, haha.

Incentives?

Michaell said:

Hello,
    36 months
    10k, 12k
    Los Angeles ca
    Thanks

.50% APR

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, but i'm the only ignorant person not doing so, haha.

Incentives?
    $2250 lease cash.

I've got family in SoCal, so I've been watching the weather very closely.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

It is very unusual for the type of rain California is having at the moment.
    What are the numbers for residual for greater than 15k?

Thanks

What are the numbers for residual for greater than 15k?

Thanks

50% residual for 36/15
    49% for 16.5K/yr
    48% for 18K/yr
    47% for 19.5K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• holmesmike19holmesmike19 Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2017
    Hello, may I have the Residual and APR for Titanium 36/10.5k in North Dakota? Thanks

Hello, may I have the Residual and APR for Titanium 36/10.5k in North Dakota? Thanks

53% and .75%.

$2750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cudashipcudaship Member Posts: 7
    Looking for RV/ MF for 2017 Escape AWD Titanium. 3/36 12k/yr. also 15k. Any info on rebates as well
    cudaship said:

Looking for RV/ MF for 2017 Escape AWD Titanium. 3/36 12k/yr. also 15k. Any info on rebates as well

What state? Ford numbers are regional.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• holmesmike19holmesmike19 Member Posts: 6
    Hey Michaell, is the APR for North Dakota the same for a FE titanium in March? Thanks

Hey Michaell, is the APR for North Dakota the same for a FE titanium in March? Thanks

The same as what? Oh, as February.

Residual is the same - Ford only updates those numbers every quarter.

.75% APR and $3750 lease cash, this month,

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cudashipcudaship Member Posts: 7
    Michaell said:
    Sorry 48320
    cudaship said:

Michaell said:

cudaship said:

Sorry 48320

52% / 50% and .50%

$3500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• madne55madne55 Member Posts: 12
    Can I please have the numbers for 2017 Ford Escape Titanium 36/12 and 36/15 in MD and any lease cash available? Thanks!
    madne55 said:

Can I please have the numbers for 2017 Ford Escape Titanium 36/12 and 36/15 in MD and any lease cash available? Thanks!

52% / 50% and .50%

$3500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator