Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Monthly Update for January 2017 - 2017 Lincoln Continental

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2017 in Lincoln
imageMonthly Update for January 2017 - 2017 Lincoln Continental

January was our first month with the all-new 2017 Lincoln Continental. One thing we know so far is that this sedan is comfortable and refined.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    edited February 2017
    16.3... wow. sure, it's new, so, it might go up to 17.3 at some point? maybe?

but, if you are paying that much for a car do you care?

still, if it bothers you on principle alone, you shouldn't be buying any turbocharged ford engine...

as for the trim. at this price point there is no such thing as picking nits. they need to get everything right. in hindsight, should of had the dealer fix it before delivery.

might even be worth a try to get them to fix it now. lets see how lincoln dealers treat their customers at this level!
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    The more I read about this car and the more I see them on the road (rarely), the more I think that this is NOT going to be the car that saves Lincoln. At best it seems to have some strong points. In this post we learn that it is quiet and has great seats. At this price point, those can be be great points of distinction provided you've got everything else right. But poor trim alignment, fuel economy and steering are not acceptable. Those things need to be at least average to allow the strong points to shine through.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Not a promising start, IMHO. I hope that Lincoln have not built another LS, a beautiful car marred by major mechanical flaws.
  • Options
    toddmoetoddmoe Member Posts: 1
    Seems like maybe he didn't know it was adaptive steering. Takes a little getting used to.
  • Options
    cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Dear lord almighty that thing is FUGLY. And I'm sorry, for $70,000 that fit and finish is unacceptable. Ford is crazy if they think they're going to woo MB, Lexus and Audi drivers with quality control like that. And that's the stuff you see...
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Considering the mpgs, they as well as put a V8 in the thing.
  • Options
    jpk112jpk112 Member Posts: 12
    I like the car, but what is holding me back from purchasing it is the transmission. I would not want to buy one this year only to have it immediately made obsolete by the 2018 with the new Ford 9 speed transmission.