Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Baja Electrical Issues

2»

Comments

• squirrel11779squirrel11779 New Hampshire Posts: 1

I have a 2006 turbo Baja and I love it. I am having random electrical issues though, the first thing that happened was all the lights in the dash flickered and a drastic loss of power shortly after that my alternator belt broke replaced it and then my battery, e-brake and ABS light came on and the loss of power again. Took the alternator out and had it tested and its good, reinstalled it and it did not happen again for a while. About a week later after starting it I drove it less than a 1/4 mile no lights in dash no power then it died, I jumped it to try an get it home while the other car was hooked up it seemed to run smoother, soon as I disconnect it starts to run real ruff, jumped in got to my driveway and died again I could not even shift it into park had to jump it again to get in park.
    Please help me catch the electrical Gremlin so I can squeeze the life out of it.

• mystr_mikemystr_mike Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Subaru Baja. The low beams and daytime running lights have gone out. I have high beams and marker lights. I have checked all the fuses and relays (I believe I have checked them all) and have found nothing out of the ordinary. I even checked "The Battery Kill Switch" and that doesn't have any affect on them either. I'm at a loss.
  • nemma200nemma200 Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 Baja which up until a couple months ago, I have never had any electrical problems. Then for no obvious reason, the electrical current to the car would vanish while the car was off or when I would try to start it.
    The dash would be completely blank and I would get nothing when I tried to start it. Here is the interesting thing - if I open and close the driver's side the door once or twice, the dash would light back up and I could then start the car and the electric would be fine again until I shut off the car at which time there would be a 25% chance that it would happen again the next time I came to start the car. Any ideas?
  • I have a 06 Baja sport. I had an after market stereo and sub installed 2 years ago, and now, when I turn the vehicle off, the stereo will stay on. I have to restart the vehicle, and turn it off immediately while the stereo is powering up to get it to stay turned off. Any ideas would be great! Thanks.
2»