Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - is the deal I'm getting on a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T Good? Can it be better?

sunnyddsunnydd Member Posts: 6
edited May 2017 in Honda
The dealer said it would be $23,168 OTD Package includes -wheels lock -auto theft 0.9 apr for 60 months. It's my first time buying a car so please help.

Best Answer

• NathanCrumbackNathanCrumback Administrator Posts: 508
    Answer ✓
    Thanks! The True Market Value (TMV) which is our estimate on the average price the car is being sold for in your region is $21,746 (not including taxes, fees, or an applicable rebates). Invoice is $21,595 so according to your sales price you're getting an excellent deal! That is a deal worth doing at this point in time!
    Edmunds Moderator

Answers

Hi sunnydd,

We would be happy to evaluate your deal. We would need to know what your zip code is. Do you have an itemized list of all the costs (Sales price, wheels locks, auto theft, taxes, documentation fee, other fees, etc.)? This will allow us to search sales data in your area and look up the average fees by state from this document: https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html

As a reminder, we recommend looking up the True Market Value (TMV). The TMV is the average price a car is being sold for (not including tax, title, license, fees, etc.). We recommend not paying more than TMV for any car. You can look up the TMV for your zip code by going to: https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html.
    Edmunds Moderator
  • sunnyddsunnydd Member Posts: 6
    Hey thanks for helping, all I was told was the 
    sale price is $20,168
    i live in orange country CA
    Thanks! I forgot to ask, is it a Coupe (2 door) or a Sedan (4 Door)? Also, is it an automatic or manual transmission?

Edmunds Moderator
    Automactic
    sedan :)
    Thank you so much bro!!
    You're very welcome! Great questions and enjoy the car!
    Edmunds Moderator
  • fortune007fortune007 Member Posts: 12
    I need help in buying 2017 Honda Civic EX with Honda Sensing for zip 14221
    I got a quote of $22,000 before additional charges of
    8.75% tax
    Doc fee $75
    Others 150

Honda can finance 0.9 for less than 36 months or 1.9 over 36 months.

Pl advise if this is good price.

Thx