Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - 2016 EX 2WD, possible purchase on 3/3/2017

barsinister4barsinister4 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Honda
Hello, I am considering buying a 2016 EX 2WD for 24484 plus 1495.00 for pro pak. So 25979 purchase price, includes dest. Would need to pay taxes, doc fee, etc.. on top of that. I should qualify for 0.9apr due to credit. Is this good deal? 24484 is the price the woman quoted in phone. Given it's March of 2017, should I negotiate down more?

Best Answer

Answers

• ohiohondaguyohiohondaguy Member Posts: 33
    $900 dealer cash still available in March. Got the new incentives yesterday!
  • barsinister4barsinister4 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it! I did not negotiate the $1495.00, it was quoted to me. It includes: tint, door edge, pin stripe, wheel lock, mud guards, cargo thingy. How does the $900 in dealer cash factor in? Is that what Honda gives dealer once car is sold, or is that for consumer?
  • NathanCrumbackNathanCrumback Administrator Posts: 508

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it! I did not negotiate the $1495.00, it was quoted to me. It includes: tint, door edge, pin stripe, wheel lock, mud guards, cargo thingy. How does the $900 in dealer cash factor in? Is that what Honda gives dealer once car is sold, or is that for consumer?

Technically, dealer cash is similar to any manufacturer rebate but it is used at the discretion of the dealership. They can use it to discount the car, add to the their bottom line, or technically not use it at all.
    Edmunds Moderator
  • ohiohondaguyohiohondaguy Member Posts: 33
    Yes, basically I way to make the same amount of gross even when discounting the car more. Or, making more gross on a deal by not discounting the car as much as the dealer cash amount.