Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice-Which new car?

nolanrancher08nolanrancher08 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in General
I'm fresh out of college and working and am in the market for a new car. I am an enthusiast, so im looking for a car that has some power behind it. I'm also going to have my girlfriend and other friends with me at times, whether it be a weekend getaway or a week-long trip, so I need either 4 doors or a modest back seat of its a coupe. Lastly, we have a lot of back roads where I live. I want a car that will handle those and put a smile on my face. I have thought about Nissan Maxima's, Buick regal gs's, or the new fusion sport's. I don't have an unlimited budget, but 30k is where I'd like to land, and certified used is an option too. Thanks for the help!

Answers

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,426
    This might tickle your fancy. http://www.greenwichinfiniti.com/VehicleDetails/used-2016-INFINITI-Q50-3.0t_AWD_Premium-Greenwich-CT/2947574983

2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD 3.0T with less than 13K miles for just over $31K

There are also lots of Infiniti G37x & Q40 AWD with very little miles that have asking prices in the low $20K range.

You could also look at a new Subaru WRX Premium at your price point.

Keep us updated. Good luck!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,539
    good options. can also get a slightly used Volvo S60 for that budget.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• nolanrancher08nolanrancher08 Member Posts: 2
    Awesome! I didn't think of those, thanks @nyccarguy and @stickguy those are good looking cars too, I appreciate it
  • NathanCrumbackNathanCrumback Administrator Posts: 508

Awesome! I didn't think of those, thanks @nyccarguy and @stickguy those are good looking cars too, I appreciate it

I agree with @nyccarguy and @stickguy, those would be excellent cars for your budget and what you're looking for. I think Certified Pre-Owned or Used is the way to go being fresh out of college.
    Edmunds Moderator
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729

I'm fresh out of college and working and am in the market for a new car. I am an enthusiast, so im looking for a car that has some power behind it. I'm also going to have my girlfriend and other friends with me at times, whether it be a weekend getaway or a week-long trip, so I need either 4 doors or a modest back seat of its a coupe. Lastly, we have a lot of back roads where I live. I want a car that will handle those and put a smile on my face. I have thought about Nissan Maxima's, Buick regal gs's, or the new fusion sport's. I don't have an unlimited budget, but 30k is where I'd like to land, and certified used is an option too. Thanks for the help!

You said you were in the market for a new car. So I'll offer one.

I'm biased towards hot hatches, but so should you based on your expressed needs (space, trips, and so forth).

VW GTI - There are 3 or 4 trim lines, all should be obtainable below, at, or just over your price point (depending on how many bells & whistles you need). Local VW dealers keep advertising $5K off sticker around me for GTI's.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    Test drive a Mazda6 - not 'fast', but several reviews are very high on its road feel, and it may be fast enough for you.