Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Please help with car ID

longtee81longtee81 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2017 in General
Good morning. I had a break-in at night and I'm trying to get some expert opinions on what the car make and model look like in the video. They didn't get much, but I would like to help catch them as they are hitting up several houses. On tips on things that stand out (wheels, etc..) would be very helpful Smile Thanks! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwCAhEpNJrY3cG1mYzRITE5hdHM/view?usp=drivesdk https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwCAhEpNJrY3WlZKVnI3cWxDVk0/view?usp=drivesdk

Answers

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    edited March 2017
    I tried a few screen captures and a little photoshopping to increase contrast and sharpness.

I thought at first the trunk lid air dam and taillight shape was a Cobalt. Maybe a Scion?

When door opens you see the shape of the c-pillar nicely with lighting from inside the car silhouetting it.

I tried to get the wheels to clear up in a couple where there was enough light.

Tried to capture the shape of the rear of car when it was backing to turn around.

The car has puddle lights on the underside of the outside mirrors.

The front has a side marker light that is low and on the side of the car instead of being part of the headlight unit like many cars have the side marker.

I hope someone more familiar with other brands of small cars will recognize the side shape, rear end and taillights, or the marker light setup.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,167
    Really looks like a ~2012 Ford Fusion to me, especially the rear end.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,547
    I agree with Fin. Won't swear to it, but that was my gut feeling.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    Agree. 2010-2012 Fusion. Tail lights are a dead giveaway. Possibly an SEL model 
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    edited March 2017
    Fusion has the right location for the front side marker--down low.
    I've looked for the type of wheels that might show up as the ones did in the security photos.

The car does not have the hybrid logo down low on the front door.

These wheels are more open than the ones in the photo, in my opinion.
    It might have aftermarket wheels.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,922
    Agreed Fusion, they were available with puddle lamps and the rear lights/trunk outline give it away.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve