Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Lights

dottie46dottie46 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2017 in Suzuki
My dashlights (Speedometer,Tach) always remain lit on my 2006 Grand Vitara. Dealer could not find problem. Suggested new dash. Only way to darken dash is to disconnect battery. Car has 10,0000 miles. Anyone else experience this problem? Thank You!

Comments

• Options
    xostnotxostnot Member Posts: 232
    So far as I can see on our 2006 GV, the instrument panel lights are lit whenever the engine is running. So yours are illuminated even when the ignition is shut off?

If the dealer suggested replacing the dashboard, he's nuts.

Sounds to me like a problem with the main light switch. You could try playing with it, and also the dashboard light brightness control lower on the dashboard.

Other than that, try posting on www.the12volt.com
  • Options
    tjs69tjs69 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, My 2006 Grand Vitara has the same issue. Have you found the reason for this? I look forward to your reply.
  • Options
    bobbyrobertsbobbyroberts Member Posts: 3
    We just had this happen to us this weekend. Can anyone share the fix? Not sure where to start looking. Not the grounds from what I can find. If I pull the fuse for the dome lights the dash lights go out and it has no codes that come in. Please help!!
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You might try the "wiggle test", that is, wiggle wires under the dash and see if the lights respond. It's an imprecise test but at least might tell you what part of the wiring harness could be at fault.
  • Options
    I'll try it again and I might get it this time. I'm leaning towards a short somewhere. Not fun.....
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Seems to me if the headlight switch were defective and current was bleeding into the panel light circuit, you'd also have parking lights on, as that switch controls both to go on at the same time.

Now there is a rheostat (dimmer) switch for the panel lights--that might be something to look at.
  • Options
    Well it seemed to fix itself.... not sure what to say but we are happy it did.