Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - 2017 Audi Q5 Price Incentives?

needitnow1needitnow1 Member Posts: 16
edited March 2017 in Audi
Thinking about getting into a 17 Q5 before they change the style. I'm looking specifically at the 2.0T PP w/ Technology and Sport. MSRP is usually around mid 48s-49s for these. NADA says lowest avg price paid around 42K but dealers seem pretty firm right now with the 2000 rebate for a purchase price around 45..maybe a few more discounts to take it down to 44. Will there be better deals, or should I shop around other dealers perhaps?

LOC: OR/WA

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Shop around..

Usually, a good target for Audi is 6% off MSRP, minus incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• needitnow1needitnow1 Member Posts: 16
    kyfdx said:

Shop around..

Usually, a good target for Audi is 6% off MSRP, minus incentives.

Thank you. I'll continue to shop around a bit. 5K off sticker simply wasn't enough for me given the new design, and engine, right around the corner. I'm thinking I should expect a more exceptional deal given the end of the line model...of course the sales manager told me they are expected to hold the same value...
  • audieddyaudieddy Member Posts: 52
    I just got a quote for premium Q5 that had an MSRP of @42500 for 39500 and that was the first offer. Guessing I can do another 500 better with some negotiations. This is near Boston
  • NathanCrumbackNathanCrumback Administrator Posts: 508
    @needitnow1, I would shop around like @kyfdx mentioned. I would let the other dealerships know you are doing so. This will get them competing for your business. It looks like the average discount with that MSRP is going to be around $2,000 off (give or take depending on the pkgs.). Then you can still deduct the $2,000 rebate you mentioned. I think shopping around is a great idea if your not in too big of a rush.
    Edmunds Moderator
  • audieddyaudieddy Member Posts: 52
    I have gotten more emails from dealers and I am now seeing one dealer quote f10-12% of MSRP + $750 Audi loyalty and/or $750 conquest/ acquisition  (not sure if you can combine loyalty and conquest/acquisition discount). Conquest is if you currently own anothrr major luxury Brand or Honda, Subaru or  toyota. Also being offered another $1250 for using Audi financing  but not sure of rate. I would probably take their rate and just refinance after the first payment to get the discount. Assuming you get at least two of the discounts(say financing + Audi loyalty or conquest) that was working to 8k off MSRP for a 48k car. 
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Are you a younger (under 50) car buyer who recently moved up from a sedan to new SUV/crossover, like a Rogue, HR-V, Q5, MKC or CT5? If you were a sedan fan who recently decided to make the switch to an SUV, a reporter would love to chat with you. Please send a note to PR@Edmunds.com telling us about why you decided to make the switch by Thursday, March 16, 2017. Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• aledoux13aledoux13 Member Posts: 6
    audieddy said:

I have gotten more emails from dealers and I am now seeing one dealer quote f10-12% of MSRP + $750 Audi loyalty and/or $750 conquest/ acquisition  (not sure if you can combine loyalty and conquest/acquisition discount). Conquest is if you currently own anothrr major luxury Brand or Honda, Subaru or  toyota. Also being offered another $1250 for using Audi financing  but not sure of rate. I would probably take their rate and just refinance after the first payment to get the discount. Assuming you get at least two of the discounts(say financing + Audi loyalty or conquest) that was working to 8k off MSRP for a 48k car. 

I am looking to buy in the Boston area. What dealer was offering these incentives? Thanks!