Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice-2017 Pacifica Touring L+ Lease Negotiation

dirtdangerdirtdanger Member Posts: 6
edited March 2017 in Chrysler
I was looking to Lease a L+ and was given an offer for $382 a month (MSRP $39065 and Final Price as per their site $34430), which seemed good. Then I wanted a different Pacifica L+ with some additional options (MSRP $43445 and Finall Price $37111) hoping for few $ increase, but they said it would $501 per month. Which seemed too high. When asked they said the Lease Calculation is based on the MSRP and not the the Final Price listed. Is that true? And they arent willing to provide be the money factor either, saying its a complicated thing. BTW I live in Minnesota. Any information and details regarding the negotiation is appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• dirtdangerdirtdanger Member Posts: 6
    Thanks kyfdx, that's what I thought as well. But they keep asking me to come to the dealership to further discuss, Guess I have to pay a visit and see what they have to say.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

Thanks kyfdx, that's what I thought as well. But they keep asking me to come to the dealership to further discuss, Guess I have to pay a visit and see what they have to say.

You know.. internet research and shopping is great. But, sitting in front of someone with a checkbook can actually get you the best price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Been there once, when I got the first quote. Took a test drive and looked at the color option, They wanted me to decide on the color and options I needed. So I decided and let them know, this happened after that.
    And also lot of other people on various suggested to negotiation as much thru mail/phone before getting to the dealership :)
    Here is the latest lease quote. Monthly payment of $438 on 36 month/12k Lease of the Touring L Plus. Following is from the worksheet they showed me and its little bit confusing.
    MSRP: $43940
    Base Invoice: $42052
    Vehicle Price: $38314.77
    Cash Offset: $437.23
    VSI Fee(C) $499
    Gross Cap Cost: $40853.75
    Rebate (CR): $2750
    Adjusted Cap Cost: 38103.75
    Rebate: $2750 (Not sure whats the previous rebate and what this one is)
    Net Residual: 51% - $22409.40
    Sell Rate: 0.050%

Does this make any sense, is it a good deal?

Here is the latest lease quote. Monthly payment of $438 on 36 month/12k Lease of the Touring L Plus. Following is from the worksheet they showed me and its little bit confusing.
    MSRP: $43940
    Base Invoice: $42052
    Vehicle Price: $38314.77
    Cash Offset: $437.23
    VSI Fee(C) $499
    Gross Cap Cost: $40853.75
    Rebate (CR): $2750
    Adjusted Cap Cost: 38103.75
    Rebate: $2750 (Not sure whats the previous rebate and what this one is)
    Net Residual: 51% - $22409.40
    Sell Rate: 0.050%

Does this make any sense, is it a good deal?

I think it's just one rebate, looking at the numbers.
    Is this with just first payment due at signing? Or ZERO due at signing?

With those figures (MSRP, adjusted CAP, APR and residual), I get the same payment.
    What about sales tax?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I believe its $0 at signing. I think the Cash Offset is the first month payment rolled into the loan amount. Sales Tax is 7.25%, its 988.75 for the lease term rolled into the loan amount as well, I think. What is VSI? and is the Sell Rate(that's the money factor right) good? And as such is the deal good or could we get better ones.

I believe its $0 at signing. I think the Cash Offset is the first month payment rolled into the loan amount. Sales Tax is 7.25%, its 988.75 for the lease term rolled into the loan amount as well, I think. What is VSI? and is the Sell Rate(that's the money factor right) good? And as such is the deal good or could we get better ones.

VSI usually denotes some sort of bank fee. I don't see the acquisition fee anywhere, so maybe that's it. Or, it might be a dealer fee.

The rate looks good. Pretty sure that's also the buy rate.
    I think you are correct about the offset being the first payment.

1% of MSRP, with everything included, looks pretty good for a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks again kyfdx, It seem much better than the one they initially gave. So this is the best one I have got. I will check with them to see if they can thrown in some all weather mats or interior protection (getting the lighter interior) to go with.
  • gina2bitgina2bit Member Posts: 78
    what is the money factor for a 3 yr 36K miles lease for the Pittsburgh area?
    Also can anyone provide what deals they got?
    Thank you for any information.
    Basically I'm looking for a Pacifica L touring MSRP range around 35-36K MSRP.
    I want 10% off MSRP then apply manf discounts.
    Can this happen?
    gina2bit said:

what is the money factor for a 3 yr 36K miles lease for the Pittsburgh area?
    Also can anyone provide what deals they got?
    Thank you for any information.
    Basically I'm looking for a Pacifica L touring MSRP range around 35-36K MSRP.
    I want 10% off MSRP then apply manf discounts.
    Can this happen?

Touring-L: .00026 MF and 51% residual for 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator