Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - C300 convertable Lease

gcbeaux711gcbeaux711 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2017 in Mercedes-Benz
May I have the MF and RV for the C300 convertable. 36 months /12k mikes per year.

Best Answer

Answers

• beesofrandrbeesofrandr Member Posts: 16
    Interestingly, I was quoted .00208 and 59% by a dealer in MD for a 2017 C300 Cabriolet RWD and .00158 and 59% for a 2017 C300 RWD Coupe. Are the rates different for different parts of the country and for different models?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221

Interestingly, I was quoted .00208 and 59% by a dealer in MD for a 2017 C300 Cabriolet RWD and .00158 and 59% for a 2017 C300 RWD Coupe. Are the rates different for different parts of the country and for different models?

Numbers are national.

.00106 MF for the coupe
    .00108 MF for the convertible

58% residual for either model for 36/12.

Your dealer is marking up the money factor for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

How about residual for 36/10 and 36/7500?
    Here's another question: The price I was offered on my C300 cabriolet is 12% off the MSRP. The dealer claims this is a DE1 price only available to employees. He added that the national rate of .00108 is not available with the DE1 price but that .00158 is. Does this sound like more BS or is it the real deal?

How about residual for 36/10 and 36/7500?

59%/60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Here's another question: The price I was offered on my C300 cabriolet is 12% off the MSRP. The dealer claims this is a DE1 price only available to employees. He added that the national rate of .00108 is not available with the DE1 price but that .00158 is. Does this sound like more BS or is it the real deal?

If I pull up the DE1 document (yes, I have that one, too), it shows an example for an employee lease of a C300 convertible: .00108 MF and 59% residual for 36/10.

Not only that, the acquisition fee is discounted to $495 (from $795) for DE1 deals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Would you be willing to share the original of that document so that I might pass it on to the dealer? I'd like to be able to show that I'm not fabricating a story and that I'm talking about real numbers.

Would you be willing to share the original of that document so that I might pass it on to the dealer? I'd like to be able to show that I'm not fabricating a story and that I'm talking about real numbers.

Sorry, but I can't. Trust me, the dealer knows the truth. It's a dealer only document.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Iunderstand. Thank you!
    Do you happen to know what the dealer profit might be on a $60,925 MSRP C300 Cab. with a DE1 discount of 12% ($7,300)? Does MB offer dealerships special pricing on these deals or are the dealers expected to make their profit by padding the MF?
    You mentioned above that you pulled up a DE1 document showing an example of an employee lease. Are DE1's normally reserved for employees of dealerships as a reward for their service? As a non-employee, should I expect to be treated like an employee and, therefor, receive MB's national MF (as opposed to a padded fee) as well as a discounted acquisition fee? I'm trying to find a reasonable position from which to continue my negotiation and I don't want to be a jerk. Having said that, I realize that the folks at the dealership (any dealership) are not my "friends" and that it costs nothing to push back.....except creating animosity and killing a deal.

You mentioned above that you pulled up a DE1 document showing an example of an employee lease. Are DE1's normally reserved for employees of dealerships as a reward for their service? As a non-employee, should I expect to be treated like an employee and, therefor, receive MB's national MF (as opposed to a padded fee) as well as a discounted acquisition fee? I'm trying to find a reasonable position from which to continue my negotiation and I don't want to be a jerk. Having said that, I realize that the folks at the dealership (any dealership) are not my "friends" and that it costs nothing to push back.....except creating animosity and killing a deal.

Getting the employee price, and getting the employee deal might be two different things. I'm not intimately familiar with how that works. Yes, DE1 is the dealership employee program. If you aren't an employee, I'm not sure what it means for you. Although, the docs state that the DE1 control number can be for the employee, a family member, or a friend. Do you actually have a control number? Or, is the dealership just offering employee pricing? I think that's a pretty big distinction.

Mercedes suggests that their dealers offer a price that is 12.25% off MSRP, minus any available incentive. I think that the incentive on this vehicle through the program is an extra $2000.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hairysoda1hairysoda1 Member Posts: 11
    with a de1 discount,what would the discount be on a slc43
    Still12.25% and also $2000 off ??
    And what is the residual and moneyfactor on a 24mth
    36mth lease with 10,000 miles

with a de1 discount,what would the discount be on a slc43
    Still12.25% and also $2000 off ??
    And what is the residual and moneyfactor on a 24mth
    36mth lease with 10,000 miles

.00084 MF and 64%/56% residual

That's the standard deal on DE1, but I don't have any information on if it extends to every model. The only examples I have are C-Class cars. I know the DE1 can be used with any model, but don't know if those numbers hold up, as you move up the line.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• falcon729falcon729 Member Posts: 2
    May I know the Residual and MF for a C300 Cabriolet for this month for a 36/10k lease ?
    (I am based in Northern California if that's relevant)
    falcon729 said:

May I know the Residual and MF for a C300 Cabriolet for this month for a 36/10k lease ?
    (I am based in Northern California if that's relevant)

.00090 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator