Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Looking to lease a Acura MDX Tech. 36/15,000miles

itstimetoshineitstimetoshine Member Posts: 4
edited March 2017 in Acura
Called two dealerships last night and just asked what would my payment be on a mdx Tech. First dealership was 3hrs away and told me $650 a month with $985 which covers first month payment and $335 fee. Msrp was $49,435. Next dealership less than 10 miles away said $720 down 720 a month. Smh lol. This would be my first time leaseing just don't want to get screwed. I'm still kinda open to purchase tho. Truecar shows $46,267 in my area. Texas

Best Answer

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    Answer ✓

36/15000
    Tx/6.25%
    2017 MDX Tech.
    Another dealership just told me $588 a month and $588 down tier 1 credit

You don't want to negotiate the payment, you want to negotiate the selling price.

Sadly, Texas assesses sales tax against the entire selling price of the car, even for leases. This will make your payment more expensive than in states that don't have this practice.

You only want give the dealership the first month's payment and the DMV costs - everything else (taxes, dealer fee, acquisition fee) you want to roll into the lease payment.

56% and .00094.

$1000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Answers

• Options
    Hope I posted this in the right place.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,196

Called two dealerships last night and just asked what would my payment be on a mdx Tech. First dealership was 3hrs away and told me $650 a month with $985 which covers first month payment and $335 fee. Msrp was $49,435. Next dealership less than 10 miles away said $720 down 720 a month. Smh lol. This would be my first time leaseing just don't want to get screwed. I'm still kinda open to purchase tho. Truecar shows $46,267 in my area. Texas

What term/mileage?
    What state/tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited March 2017
    36/15000
    Tx/6.25%
    2017 MDX Tech.
    Another dealership just told me $588 a month and $588 down tier 1 credit
This discussion has been closed.