Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice-Credit application and proof of income for leasing Infiniti

bhairyabhairya Member Posts: 11
edited March 2017 in INFINITI
I'm exploring leasing for the first time and looking into getting an Infiniti Q50 possibly. Been 6 years since I bought my last car. I was employed back then but I don't recall what I provided. Now I'm self employed. What proof of income, if any, do you have to provide to lease a car? I don't really have paystubs or a monthly paycheck anymore (real estate broker). Thanks!

Best Answers

• NathanCrumbackNathanCrumback Administrator Posts: 508
    Answer ✓
    Thru Infiniti Financial Services: Tier 1: 740+. Tier 2: 739-720. Tier 3: 719-700. I would anticipate them needing the documents but possibly a top tier score might not warrant any proof of income. I believe they use Experian or TransUnion.
    Edmunds Moderator

Answers

• bhairyabhairya Member Posts: 11
    Thanks, tax returns, too? Credit score is good no issues there and bank statements OK too. Tax returns with lots of deductions have to look into that.
    What is considered tier 1 or high enough? Do they typically pull all 3 bureaus like a mortgage app or just one? Thanks.
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    Nathan - I can confirm IFS uses TransUnion (though I can't say if they use others). I have TransUnion credit monitoring and unlocked the block on it while working with the Infiniti Sales guy.

Shortly after doing their credit application I got a notice from TU that they'd checked my credit.

This was for a purchase, not a lease, but I'm sure it's the same process to determine credit worthiness.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    I can now confirm that they only pull credit (TU) here in TX. No proof of income required.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,156
    bhairya said:

I can now confirm that they only pull credit (TU) here in TX. No proof of income required.

Thanks for following up with us on this!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4