Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Chevrolet Volt Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• melancholy7777melancholy7777 Member Posts: 11
    kyfdx said:
    Looking for updated numbers for SF bay area in the month of March for Chevy Volt 2017 LT without any upgrade packages. Comparing three dealers nearby for 36 month /15k mile lease with $0 down, I am getting quotes anywhere from $278 to $284 per month plus taxes. The bottom line monthly including taxes for the $284/month price ended up being $312.95/month. (assuming 9.25% taxes in my area). That would make the most competitive quote to come out to be $304/month including taxes. I know many have asked about MF, residuals, selling price, etc. but in the end, as long as you're comparing apples to apples, shouldn't that suffice to compare and pick the best price? (unless you wanted to try and negotiate lower than the lowest price quoted) How do the above numbers sound? Are folks getting much below $300/month (including everything) with $0 down? Thank you!
    If you have all the numbers, and you know why and how they are coming up with the payment, then at that point, you can negotiate the payment. But, you still need to go over the final paperwork with a fine-toothed comb, to make sure the terms haven't been changed. Otherwise, when the dealer says $325/mo, and you want $300/mo, you aren't basing it on anything other than you want it for less. You won't know if $300/mo. is even possible.
    Thanks for the explanation. That makes more sense. Leasing for first time even w all the info out there still not always straightforward. 

edited March 2017

First offer sheet. Comments?  I can compare everything else to this.  For 0 downpayment, 36m 15k no prior lease. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681

First offer sheet. Comments?  I can compare everything else to this.  For 0 downpayment, 36m 15k no prior lease. 

Yeah.. I'm within pennies of that payment.
    That is outstanding.

Just make sure that any other quotes are for a car with the same MSRP, 36/15, and through GM Financial, and you should be good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• carsam1carsam1 Member Posts: 28
    Can you please give me the lease info for Austin for both LT and premium? Are there any lease cash offers? I see that there is a competitive cash offer, but does it apply to Lexus (it says Toyota in there)?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976
    carsam1 said:

Can you please give me the lease info for Austin for both LT and premium? Are there any lease cash offers? I see that there is a competitive cash offer, but does it apply to Lexus (it says Toyota in there)?

What lease term and how many miles per year?

No details on the conquest incentive, though not many folks switch from a Lexus to a Chevy.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I'm looking for 24 and 36 month lease terms for both 10 & 12K per year. Actually, I'm looking for a 2nd car and hence was wondering if they would be ok to match that for my Lexus.
    carsam1 said:

I'm looking for 24 and 36 month lease terms for both 10 & 12K per year. Actually, I'm looking for a 2nd car and hence was wondering if they would be ok to match that for my Lexus.

24 month term not viable for the Volt.

36/12 - .00062 and 50% (LT) or 49% (Premiere)

Add 1% for 10K

$4610 lease cash on LT; $4235 lease cash on Premiere

The conquest eligibility is pretty strict - I don't think the dealer will be able to bend the rules.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

There are some dealers offering ~3-5K off Volt. I'm assuming this is going to be over the Lease cash from Chevy?
    carsam1 said:

There are some dealers offering ~3-5K off Volt. I'm assuming this is going to be over the Lease cash from Chevy?

It might be - there are likely purchase only incentives that won't apply if you lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

kyfdx said:

Yeah.. I'm within pennies of that payment. That is outstanding. Just make sure that any other quotes are for a car with the same MSRP, 36/15, and through GM Financial, and you should be good.
    Thanks for the feedback on this. 

Unfortunately, they told me this deal was only tagged to a specific car w silver color and they would have to trade for a gray car which may add another 35-55 dollars per month to that above payment (apparently the other colors all have additional add-ons so the msrp goes up). Is there not a grey car in the Bay Area that doesn't have a bunch of accessories?

kyfdx said:

Yeah.. I'm within pennies of that payment.
    That is outstanding.

Just make sure that any other quotes are for a car with the same MSRP, 36/15, and through GM Financial, and you should be good.

Thanks for the feedback on this. 

Unfortunately, they told me this deal was only tagged to a specific car w silver color and they would have to trade for a gray car which may add another 35-55 dollars per month to that above payment (apparently the other colors all have additional add-ons so the msrp goes up). Is there not a grey car in the Bay Area that doesn't have a bunch of accessories?

I would learn to love that color. GM has a lot of weird rebates, including aged inventory rebates. So, not really surprised.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• thegap77@yahoo.comthegap77@yahoo.com Member Posts: 6
    Is there a reason why dealers are telling me that I get 7500 plus californias 1500 off of the car?
    Seems deceiving and too good to be true
    I was just quoted $463/month
    On a 36/15k lease 0 down
    Sale price of 38000.
    I will negotiate but trying to understand rebate before since every dealer has a different story
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    $7500 is federal tax rebate. $1500 is state refund that comes to you as a check. Are hey still doing the $700 Costco card too?
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    edited March 2017

I found this car but another dealer has same car for 34600.
    I want to negotiate sale price to $34000
    Anyone know if rebates are accurate here?
    Everything else fair? Apr seems right for money factor.
    Is there a reason why dealers are telling me that I get 7500 plus californias 1500 off of the car? Seems deceiving and too good to be true I was just quoted $463/month On a 36/15k lease 0 down Sale price of 38000. I will negotiate but trying to understand rebate before since every dealer has a different story
    I think there is a discount they give you since they get the 7500 rebate if you are leasing. I believe the 1500 goes to you. 

The APR is correct for this model.
    On a lease, the Federal rebate to GM Financial isn't $7500.
    It's either $4610 or $4235 depending on trim, which GM passes along to you in the form of a customer rebate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• xkindxkind Member Posts: 16
    Hi, Looking for MF, Residual, and incentives for a 2017 LT, 36 Months, 10k miles, WA state. I see there is $4610 lease cash, and $500 loyalty cash. Can I stack those? Are there any private offers beyond that I can stack?
    kyfdx said:

It's either $4610 or $4235 depending on trim, which GM passes along to you in the form of a customer rebate.

Did it change after December? I got the whole $7500 knocked off the price of my vehicle when I leased then.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    suydam said:

kyfdx said:

Did it change after December? I got the whole $7500 knocked off the price of my vehicle when I leased then.
    Could have been a CA thing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

xkind said:

Hi, Looking for MF, Residual, and incentives for a 2017 LT, 36 Months, 10k miles, WA state. I see there is $4610 lease cash, and $500 loyalty cash. Can I stack those? Are there any private offers beyond that I can stack?

.00062 and 51%

yes, those incentives can stack

No other incentive info

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Going to pull trigger on this one although I got hung up going through how they came up w 6860 cap reduction when the next best cap reduction was around 6150. The difference seemed to be the fact that the tax on the cap cost reduction was not on the sheet w the better price. They also said no out the door cash at all. Straight 281 a month for 36m 45k mike lease without prior lease and no downpayment. 

When i asked, dealer said they ate the difference since otherwise out the door would have been 1307. They said they were eating cost for first month, doc and acquisition fees, registration and title fees as well as the tax on the cap cost reduction. 

Told since testing to hit marks for end of month they were able to offer this. 

If i assume cap cap cost reduction 6860 is what's it is in the formula from leaseguide.com/lease08/, I can get the 281 monthly. I calculated 1309 out the door based on 281 first payment + 617 tax on cap cost reduction+303 license. + 28 four tire fee + 80 doc fee which is about 1309. That's close to their due on delivery price. 

If they are eating 1309 and offering the 6860 that is equivalent to 8169. Quite a bit higher than the 7500 tax credit that goes to GM financing. 

Am i missing something's here?

Going to pull trigger on this one although I got hung up going through how they came up w 6860 cap reduction when the next best cap reduction was around 6150. The difference seemed to be the fact that the tax on the cap cost reduction was not on the sheet w the better price. They also said no out the door cash at all. Straight 281 a month for 36m 45k mike lease without prior lease and no downpayment. 

When i asked, dealer said they ate the difference since otherwise out the door would have been 1307. They said they were eating cost for first month, doc and acquisition fees, registration and title fees as well as the tax on the cap cost reduction. 

Told since testing to hit marks for end of month they were able to offer this. 

If i assume cap cap cost reduction 6860 is what's it is in the formula from leaseguide.com/lease08/, I can get the 281 monthly. I calculated 1309 out the door based on 281 first payment + 617 tax on cap cost reduction+303 license. + 28 four tire fee + 80 doc fee which is about 1309. That's close to their due on delivery price. 

If they are eating 1309 and offering the 6860 that is equivalent to 8169. Quite a bit higher than the 7500 tax credit that goes to GM financing. 

Am i missing something's here?

I get the same payment.
    Looks like they are making a little bit on the money factor, but that is more than made up for by them eating the upfront money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks again for the helpful response and review of things. Hope my confusion will help someone else after this. I wasn't having any luck w local dealers so branched out to about 40 miles away or so which made a difference. 

So I was offered this today.
    I asked if there was any more wiggle room on the sale price, and they said $250 more if I came in.
    So I did, however once there I decided to ask for simply the first month free and then 35 payments of the agreed amount.
    After back and forth he agreed, but once he brought in new offer, they had raised apr to 2.1%.
    When I pointed out he said his manager was already upset, but he went back. Then he came in and said it was done, it in the end I noticed he raised the sale price.
    After I pointed it out, they got upset at me and said to take my business elsewhere lol

Anyway. Please let me know what anyone thinks of this offer, I'll try and see if maybe another dealer can match or do better.
    I didn't think I was asking for too much and I was very polite, all they had to say was no.

So I was offered this today.
    I asked if there was any more wiggle room on the sale price, and they said $250 more if I came in.
    So I did, however once there I decided to ask for simply the first month free and then 35 payments of the agreed amount.
    After back and forth he agreed, but once he brought in new offer, they had raised apr to 2.1%.
    When I pointed out he said his manager was already upset, but he went back. Then he came in and said it was done, it in the end I noticed he raised the sale price.
    After I pointed it out, they got upset at me and said to take my business elsewhere lol

Anyway. Please let me know what anyone thinks of this offer, I'll try and see if maybe another dealer can match or do better.
    I didn't think I was asking for too much and I was very polite, all they had to say was no.

Looks solid.

Good catch, noticing all the changes the dealer tried to slip in.

I think they were frustrated that they couldn't make some money off of you, somewhere. Dealers have to make a little money to keep the doors open, and won't agree to a deal where they don't.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rny421rny421 Member Posts: 160
    Can you provide residuals and money factors for 2017 Volt Premier in Rochester, NY? 12k/36 months. Going shopping with a friend tomorrow. Thanks!
    2017 Mercedes GLC300 | 2021 Audi E-Tron
    rny421 said:

Can you provide residuals and money factors for 2017 Volt Premier in Rochester, NY? 12k/36 months. Going shopping with a friend tomorrow. Thanks!

.00062 and 49%.

$4235 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• leafdriver90leafdriver90 Member Posts: 16
    Greetings, can anyone provide RF and MF on an LT 36 months/10k miles in MO?  Currently leasing a Lexus.

Greetings, can anyone provide RF and MF on an LT 36 months/10k miles in MO?  Currently leasing a Lexus.

.00060 MF and 51% residual
    $4400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, how much of the $7500 federal tax credit does GM Financial add as a rebate on the lease?
    Thanks, how much of the $7500 federal tax credit does GM Financial add as a rebate on the lease?
    That's the $4400

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks appreciate all your info!  Did GM previously advance the entire amount?  Seems the Volt is selling fairly well especially given low fuel prices and consumer preference towards SUVs and crossovers.

Thanks appreciate all your info!  Did GM previously advance the entire amount?  Seems the Volt is selling fairly well especially given low fuel prices and consumer preference towards SUVs and crossovers.

No, we've only seen the $4000 or so lease cash on the Volt.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

In December in California My dealer took the entire $7500 off the list price. I don't know if they are still doing that.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • coolbluesicoolbluesi Member Posts: 78
    Hi, can you provide numbers on an LT 36mo term, 12K and 15K miles/yr scenarios, southern california. also, what is the current lease cash? thanks in advance...

Hi, can you provide numbers on an LT 36mo term, 12K and 15K miles/yr scenarios, southern california. also, what is the current lease cash? thanks in advance...

.00060 and 50% / 48%

$4400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ikingerikinger Member Posts: 14
    Do not understand this (attached) Los Angeles 2017 Chevy Volt LT. NOTE: I'm paying $9500 cash down (SoCal State Voucher Program), and Sales Manager is saying $82.82 monthly 36mo (incl all other costs) Does this offer sheet make any sense?

• sktxsktx Member Posts: 6
    Hi, can you please provide LT and premier 36mo term, 12K miles residual, lease cash etc and what will be a good per month lease with zero down in Houston/texas
    ikinger said:

Do not understand this (attached) Los Angeles 2017 Chevy Volt LT. NOTE: I'm paying $9500 cash down (SoCal State Voucher Program), and Sales Manager is saying $82.82 monthly 36mo (incl all other costs) Does this offer sheet make any sense?

Yep.. I get the same payment to the penny.
    Is there something in particular that you don't understand?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

sktx said:

Hi, can you please provide LT and premier 36mo term, 12K miles residual, lease cash etc and what will be a good per month lease with zero down in Houston/texas

LT: .00060 MF and 50% residual. $4400 lease cash.
    Premier: .00060 MF and 49% residual. $4025 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

(From above) Yeah, I was just thrown off as to whether this is a good deal because of the $9,500 up front I'm paying and if I was getting nailed on things like the $988 inception fee
    ikinger said:

(From above) Yeah, I was just thrown off as to whether this is a good deal because of the $9,500 up front I'm paying and if I was getting nailed on things like the $988 inception fee

DMV fees + tax on the CAP reduction/rebates, most likely.
    I'd definitely ask for a breakdown

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Why pay so much upfront? What happens when you roll it into the lease?
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    suydam said:

Why pay so much upfront? What happens when you roll it into the lease?

It's a special stipend from the state. Has to be used as a CAP reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

On the offer above (with the $9,500 stipend), can anyone see any negotiating points to get a better deal?
    ikinger said:

On the offer above (with the $9,500 stipend), can anyone see any negotiating points to get a better deal?

Not really, unless you think they have more room to discount than the $2300 off they are giving.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• adamw5963adamw5963 Member Posts: 23
    What are the lease deals for Alabama?
  • compmancompman Member Posts: 26
    I understand with a lease you don't get the full $7500 rebate, but in California we have an additional $1500 mail in rebate as well. Do lease deals qualify, or is that only for purchases? Thx
    I got $1500 in the mail for my SoCal lease in December. You have to apply for it (dealership helped with the paperwork).
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    compman said:

I understand with a lease you don't get the full $7500 rebate, but in California we have an additional $1500 mail in rebate as well. Do lease deals qualify, or is that only for purchases? Thx

From what we hear (as you can see..), the only requirement is that the lease be at least 30 months in term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator