Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - Residual and MF 2017 C300 Coupe 4-matic

shedrivesdcshedrivesdc Member Posts: 4
edited March 2017 in Mercedes-Benz
Hello I've never bought a car with a lease and am doing some research before I pull the trigger in a few months.

I'm looking for general feedback as well as relevant figures based on a price I'm targeting.

I'm looking for the residual and MF for a 36 month lease, 10k miles.

Also, can you please share the same for a 24 month lease? And how common are leases of this term and what are the pros/cons?

Also, is it wise/common for someone to trade in their existing car? And I heard its never wise to put a down-payment on a lease...is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

Hello I've never bought a car with a lease and am doing some research before I pull the trigger in a few months.

I'm looking for general feedback as well as relevant figures based on a price I'm targeting.

I'm looking for the residual and MF for a 36 month lease, 10k miles.

Also, can you please share the same for a 24 month lease? And how common are leases of this term and what are the pros/cons?

Also, is it wise/common for someone to trade in their existing car? And I heard its never wise to put a down-payment on a lease...is this true?

Thanks in advance.

.00105 MF and 64%/59% residual for 24/36 months

24 month residuals aren't that good, and the fixed costs are amortized over fewer months, further increasing the cost.

You can still trade in your current vehicle. Just have them cut you a check for the proceeds. No need to put that money down on the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• shedrivesdcshedrivesdc Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Kyfdx! I got my first (of several planned) quotes today. They quoted at same residual but MF .00175 though. What could have played into this and what other factors drive this rate although I know it's basically the interest.

Also, how will both the MF and particularly the residual change between now and, say May or June? What determines this and is there an average fluctuation I can predict?

I'm in MD & got this first quote here but I'm within 30 mins of VA and D.C. so I plan to get comparable quotes from dealers in those states as well.

• shedrivesdcshedrivesdc Member Posts: 4
    Also, can anyone tell me what the minimum credit score is for the lowest Mercedes Benz money factor? And how can I find out what the max MF is that the manufacturer allows dealers to markup up to? Trying to figure out my negotiating range.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,064

Thanks Kyfdx! I got my first (of several planned) quotes today. They quoted at same residual but MF .00175 though. What could have played into this and what other factors drive this rate although I know it's basically the interest.

Also, how will both the MF and particularly the residual change between now and, say May or June? What determines this and is there an average fluctuation I can predict?

I'm in MD & got this first quote here but I'm within 30 mins of VA and D.C. so I plan to get comparable quotes from dealers in those states as well.

Dealer can mark up the MF for extra profit. Could also be credit driven.

No predictions on what the numbers will look like 3-4 months from now.

Also, can anyone tell me what the minimum credit score is for the lowest Mercedes Benz money factor? And how can I find out what the max MF is that the manufacturer allows dealers to markup up to? Trying to figure out my negotiating range.

No information from MBFS on credit ranges for MF. Usually 700 or 720.

You don't really negotiate the MF - you politely tell them you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF. And, negotiate with multiple dealers. The competition between them will get you your best deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• fussypuppyfussypuppy Member Posts: 5
    Could I please have the residual and MF for a 2017 C300 4matic coupe in PA? 2 yr/15k miles and 3 yr/15k mile?