Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - 2017 Audi A4 Lease/Financing

jcline3jcline3 Member Posts: 23
edited March 2017 in Audi
I'm looking at a 2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus with Tech and cold weather package altogether totaling about $49,125 before taxes and miscellaneous costs in NYC. The dealer quoted me a price for $46500. I feel that this is a bit high. What would be a good deal for the car?

Answers

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,307
    jcline3 said:

I'm looking at a 2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus with Tech and cold weather package altogether totaling about $49,125 before taxes and miscellaneous costs in NYC. The dealer quoted me a price for $46500. I feel that this is a bit high. What would be a good deal for the car?

That is about 5-5.5% off sticker.

For Audi, we suggest a target of 6% off; that's another $350 or so off the current offer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    serottab1krserottab1kr Member Posts: 9
    2017 A4 Prem Plus, Tech, Sport, 19s, CW, 6800 miles, CPO. $40,000. Is that a good deal? It was mfg in 2/16 and initially became a program car in 6/16 - is that a negative, e.g. early production run? What would be a good lease deal, since it still available for lease. thanks for any help!
  • Options

2017 A4 Prem Plus, Tech, Sport, 19s, CW, 6800 miles, CPO. $40,000. Is that a good deal? It was mfg in 2/16 and initially became a program car in 6/16 - is that a negative, e.g. early production run? What would be a good lease deal, since it still available for lease. thanks for any help!

We don't have any CPO lease information for Audi.

If this is a car that hasn't been titled, then it qualifies for new car lease terms.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    can you provide lease #s if it was new? thanks.
  • Options

can you provide lease #s if it was new? thanks.

FWD or Quattro?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Quattro.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Quattro.

.00043 MF and 54% residual for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Could you help me with the numbers for a Season of Audi Quattro AWD for 36/10 at MSRP of $45685?
  • Options
    jcline3 said:

Could you help me with the numbers for a Season of Audi Quattro AWD for 36/10 at MSRP of $45685?

.00043 and 59%

What state? Audi incentives are regional.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    This would be in NY. What should the monthly payments be assuming there's 0 down payment?
  • Options
    jcline3 said:

This would be in NY. What should the monthly payments be assuming there's 0 down payment?

$750 bonus cash

To calculate a payment, we need to know the selling price and/or adjusted CAP cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    The selling price is $43,035. Upfront cost should be about 3k or so (fees,taxes, registration)
  • Options
    jcline3 said:

The selling price is $43,035. Upfront cost should be about 3k or so (fees,taxes, registration)

$477/mo, assuming all fees/taxes are paid upfront.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Quattro.

Dlr quoted me 36/15 @ .00160. Does that seem right?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

kyfdx said:

Quattro.

Dlr quoted me 36/15 @ .00160. Does that seem right?
    No, that looks marked up ... a lot. :angry:

EDIT - also, could be a credit issue. We quote top tier credit rates.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    No, my credit is good. Could it be because its a 2017 CPO with 7k miles? Can you negotiate a lease rate? If not, I can always buy and financing is at 2.49 w/ audi (quoted).
  • Options

No, my credit is good. Could it be because its a 2017 CPO with 7k miles? Can you negotiate a lease rate? If not, I can always buy and financing is at 2.49 w/ audi (quoted).

If it doesn't qualify for the new car lease program, then that could be the issue. Or, more likely, they are just marking up the rate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    so, .00160 = 3.84% and the going rate of .00043 = 1.032%? if that's right, its a pretty big markup. do people negotiate lease rates? If not, I'm inclined to buy it w/ 2.49% audi rate.
  • Options
    oh, they also have upfront charges for the lease of 1686.19 and in addition, a first month payment of x $$.
  • Options

so, .00160 = 3.84% and the going rate of .00043 = 1.032%? if that's right, its a pretty big markup. do people negotiate lease rates? If not, I'm inclined to buy it w/ 2.49% audi rate.

Since it's CPO, we don't know what it qualifies for. But, yes.. plenty of people attempt to negotiate the base rate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    I talked with dealer, they said the .00160 rate came from Audi and is based upon the fact its a CPO and not a new car. I went with a purchase at 2.49.

Thank you both for being so incredibly helpful. While looking at this rate, I noticed they were charging an extra 1k in taxes. So, this discussion has been super valuable!
  • Options

I talked with dealer, they said the .00160 rate came from Audi and is based upon the fact its a CPO and not a new car. I went with a purchase at 2.49.

Thank you both for being so incredibly helpful. While looking at this rate, I noticed they were charging an extra 1k in taxes. So, this discussion has been super valuable!

Doesn't look like much incentive to lease CPO through Audi, then. Congrats on the purchase!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator