Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Pilot Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    i_spy said:

Hi,

Looking to lease a 2017 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD in Southern California. Could you advise the MF and residual value for 36 months/12k per year? Also, is the term that same if I extend to 39 months (trying to lower the monthly payment)? Thanks!

i-Spy

.00200 MF and 62% residual for 36/12
    60% residual for 39/12. That would be a slightly lower payment, but probably not worth being out of warranty for those three extra months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• i_spyi_spy Member Posts: 41
    Got it. Thanks very much!

i-SpY
  • rmcrierrmcrier Member Posts: 35
    Do you have the latest numbers for a 36/12 lease for a Touring FWD/AWD and an EX-L FWD/AWD?

Thanks
    rmcrier said:

Do you have the latest numbers for a 36/12 lease for a Touring FWD/AWD and an EX-L FWD/AWD?

Thanks

.00200 MF and 62%/59% residual for EXL/Touring AWD
    Add 1%, if FWD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MZA212MZA212 Member Posts: 355
    Hello,
    Can you please provide numbers for South Florida. Touring 2wd 36 month 12k and 15k miles.
    Thanks.
    mzia said:

Hello,
    Can you please provide numbers for South Florida. Touring 2wd 36 month 12k and 15k miles.
    Thanks.

.00200 MF and 60%/58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. Its crazy how the mf on the 2017 mdx is half of the pilots. 
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    I thought the same thing. The MDX will probably lease a little better. 

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    mzia said:

Thanks. Its crazy how the mf on the 2017 mdx is half of the pilots. 

tjc78 said:

And yet, folks perceive the Honda as the more affordable vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Based on these leases the Pilot is off my list for the end of the year.   You are into luxury vehicle lease costs.  

• scrambledeggsscrambledeggs Member Posts: 5
    Can I get the MF and Residual value on 2017 Honda pilot EX-L AWD w/Sensing 12/36 in NC.

Thanks for your help

Can I get the MF and Residual value on 2017 Honda pilot EX-L AWD w/Sensing 12/36 in NC.

Thanks for your help

61% and .00200

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• ychang77ychang77 Member Posts: 31
    Would you mind punching in the numbers so I have an idea of what the lease payments would be for:

2017 Honda EX-L 2WD 12/36 Lease (Southern California)
    MSRP 37,395
    Assume Sale Price of 34,403 (8% off MSRP)
    Zero down, Just first month and DMV for first payment.
  • ADAD Member Posts: 26
    tjc78 said:

I had priced the MDX about 2 months ago....With the Technology package, 7,500 miles per year with nothing out of pocket, I was quoted a little over $600 per month. They said that they didn't lease well.
    So I have been price shopping, and all of this info provided on this page has been great. So thanks for that.
    The prices are all over the place for this. Some dealers won't sell for less than MSRP. I received a quote from a dealer who is a friend of the family for an EX-L w/ Nav, and the friend and family discount was $2k off of MSRP....bringing the car to $528/m 36 12k. $1,500 out of pocket for first month and DMV.
    I also tried another method that a friend used, this website that you build the car and pay for a report and it spits out the best deal....what the invoice is, cost, holdback, etc. It found a bank "US Bank" and said that for a 24 month lease with 12k per year, at invoice, the car would be $390 per month. The dealer I spoke with said that they don't know anyone from Honda using that bank or getting that number. Apparently the residual for this bank quoted it at 75%, and MF of .00135. Is something grossly wrong here?
    AD said:

tjc78 said:

I had priced the MDX about 2 months ago....With the Technology package, 7,500 miles per year with nothing out of pocket, I was quoted a little over $600 per month. They said that they didn't lease well.
    Check again now. As there offers are much better.
    A long while back there were many times an outside bank would provide a better lease than the manufacturer's finance company. Now it's rare since the best lease deals are subsidized MFs and lease cash.

@AD yes the MDX leases aren't anything special either, but seem better than the Pilot at the moment.   

ychang77 said:

Would you mind punching in the numbers so I have an idea of what the lease payments would be for:

MSRP 37,395

63% and .00200

Using your prices, I get $417/mo plus tax

Ask the dealer what the adjusted cap cost is -likely higher than the selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

AD said:

So I have been price shopping, and all of this info provided on this page has been great. So thanks for that.
    The prices are all over the place for this. Some dealers won't sell for less than MSRP. I received a quote from a dealer who is a friend of the family for an EX-L w/ Nav, and the friend and family discount was $2k off of MSRP....bringing the car to $528/m 36 12k. $1,500 out of pocket for first month and DMV.
    I also tried another method that a friend used, this website that you build the car and pay for a report and it spits out the best deal....what the invoice is, cost, holdback, etc. It found a bank "US Bank" and said that for a 24 month lease with 12k per year, at invoice, the car would be $390 per month. The dealer I spoke with said that they don't know anyone from Honda using that bank or getting that number. Apparently the residual for this bank quoted it at 75%, and MF of .00135. Is something grossly wrong here?

First, we don't have any lease information for third party banks, so can't tell you if the .00135 MF is base or marked up.

Second, leasing through third parties could be more expensive in the long run - as they don't expect you to become repeat business, there may be lots of end of lease charges you wouldn't see from Honda Finance.

The Pilot is expensive to lease, due mainly to the high MF.

Will it come down? Maybe. But, no idea when.

Can I interest you in a Highlander, or Pathfinder, or Santa Fe? Lots of choice out there that might lease better than the Pilot.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ychang77ychang77 Member Posts: 31
    Michaell said:

ychang77 said:

MSRP 37,395

63% and .00200

Ask the dealer what the adjusted cap cost is -likely higher than the selling price.
    The scenario above is hypothetical so I have an idea of the lease payments..

Can you punch the numbers (similar to above) but instead of 8% off MSRP lets do 10% off MSRP so a Sale Price of $33,656. Thanks
    ychang77 said:

Michaell said:

ychang77 said:

MSRP 37,395

63% and .00200

The scenario above is hypothetical so I have an idea of the lease payments..

Can you punch the numbers (similar to above) but instead of 8% off MSRP lets do 10% off MSRP so a Sale Price of $33,656. Thanks
    I provided you a link in the MDX discussion on how to create your own lease calculator. Then, you can run numbers to your heart's content! :sunglasses:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

AD said:

First, we don't have any lease information for third party banks, so can't tell you if the .00135 MF is base or marked up.

Second, leasing through third parties could be more expensive in the long run - as they don't expect you to become repeat business, there may be lots of end of lease charges you wouldn't see from Honda Finance.

Can I interest you in a Highlander, or Pathfinder, or Santa Fe? Lots of choice out there that might lease better than the Pilot.
    My wife wasn't crazy about the highlander. We looked at the Pathfinder, but narrowed it down to the Pilot and the Infiniti QX60. Based on the report that I obtained on the Infiniti from the same company I got the Honda report, the infiniti at cost ($43k) would come out to $462 per month for 39 months 10k w infiniti as the Lender. VPP Discount and $1,500 lease cash. Sorry for off Honda topic!
    AD said:

Michaell said:

AD said:

My wife wasn't crazy about the highlander. We looked at the Pathfinder, but narrowed it down to the Pilot and the Infiniti QX60. Based on the report that I obtained on the Infiniti from the same company I got the Honda report, the infiniti at cost ($43k) would come out to $462 per month for 39 months 10k w infiniti as the Lender. VPP Discount and $1,500 lease cash. Sorry for off Honda topic!
    Hey, I started the off-topic conversation!

And, the QX60 is leasing quite well at the moment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

AD said:

Michaell said:

AD said:

It really is....January I received a quote of 513! If I can close the deal at $462, then there's no point in spending $530+ on a Honda....
    PS I'll post the details in the Infiniti Forum as they become more available!
  • needitquickneeditquick Member Posts: 10
    Do you have the most recent numbers for a 2017 Pilot Elite Lease. In Fairfield County CT I was recently given the following numbers and I'm having trouble reconciling:

MSRP 48010
    Selling Price 45510
    Residual 26886 (56%)
    MF .00210

From the dealer...
    12,000 miles per year
    4000.00+39X620.59
    3000.00+39X649.13
    2000.00+39X678.19
    The above include all fees, CT Sales Tax, 5 oil changes at our service center as well as Honda Roadside Assistance. There are no other drive off charges with Tier One Credit.
    Money factor: .00210 (fixed by Honda Lease Trust)
    Residual: 26886.00

I can't figure out where their lease payment is coming from.

Do you have the most recent numbers for a 2017 Pilot Elite Lease. In Fairfield County CT I was recently given the following numbers and I'm having trouble reconciling:

MSRP 48010
    Selling Price 45510
    Residual 26886 (56%)
    MF .00210

From the dealer...
    12,000 miles per year
    4000.00+39X620.59
    3000.00+39X649.13
    2000.00+39X678.19
    The above include all fees, CT Sales Tax, 5 oil changes at our service center as well as Honda Roadside Assistance. There are no other drive off charges with Tier One Credit.
    Money factor: .00210 (fixed by Honda Lease Trust)
    Residual: 26886.00

I can't figure out where their lease payment is coming from.

There are two things needed to complete the picture:

1. The adjusted cap cost, and how the dealer got to that number from the selling price
    2. The breakdown of the $2K, $3K or $4K due at signing

Using your MSRP and selling price, I get $712/mo with 6.35% tax added in. Therefore, I assume that some of the up front money is being used as cap reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Getting the backup now. Is that residual right? It seems low,

Getting the backup now. Is that residual right? It seems low,

Residual cannot be altered by the dealer.

The higher up the trim chain you go, the lower the residual gets.

56% is correct for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Here is what I now have.

39 months
    MSRP 48,010
    Purchase Option 26,885.60
    Miles 12,000
    MF .00210

Tax
    Cashdown tax 96.39
    Monthly tax 40.15

Amount Due at Signing (Total 2190.40)
    1st month 672.40
    Acquisition Fee 595
    Fees and Insurance 923

Monthly payment 632.25 (pre-tax)
    Monthly payment 672.40 (after tax)

Thoughts?

But is it right for 39/12?

But is it right for 39/12?

56% residual for 39/12 for the Pilot Elite

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. This feels like a really expensive lease. But I guess it is what it is.

Here is what I now have.

39 months
    MSRP 48,010
    Purchase Option 26,885.60
    Miles 12,000
    MF .00210

Tax
    Cashdown tax 96.39
    Monthly tax 40.15

Amount Due at Signing (Total 2190.40)
    1st month 672.40
    Acquisition Fee 595
    Fees and Insurance 923

Monthly payment 632.25 (pre-tax)
    Monthly payment 672.40 (after tax)

Thoughts?

What is the selling price and/or adjusted CAP cost?
    If $595 is for the acquisition fee, what is the $923 for? That is a lot for fees, without an itemization.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Selling price is 45,510.

Fees:
    499 Documentation Fee
    145 Registration Fee
    55 Inspection
    25 Title
    199 "Other"
    edited March 2017
    I'm slowly beginning to think the Pilot is a vehicle you don't lease.  Lots of options out there for over 700 a month (when you figure in the 2000 down)

Selling price is 45,510.

Fees:
    499 Documentation Fee
    145 Registration Fee
    55 Inspection
    25 Title
    199 "Other"

56% residual

Need a CAP cost of about $47,050 to get that payment. That looks about right, if we add tax on to the $45,510 selling price.

The $2500 discount isn't too bad on a popular model, though the $500 doc fee offsets that, somewhat.

The calculations are correct, it's just an expensive vehicle to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Here is how you calculate a lease payment. Helpful when negotiating.

First, take the capitalized cost less the residual value and divide by the number of months. So, it the capitalized cost is $40,000 and the residual value is $24,000, the monthly payment is $444.44 for 36 months ($40,000 less $24,000 / 36 months).

Second, add the capitalized amount and the residual value. So, using the $40,000 and $24,000 and a money factor of .0005 the monthly payment is $32 (($40000 + $24,000) X .005).

So, the monthly lease payment would be about $476 ($444 + $32)

Note, the capitalized cost is negotiable and can include anything. You negotiate the price exactly as you would if you were buying the vehicle. To the dealer a lease is the same as a sale. You can include sales tax, registration, etc, in the capitalized amount.

The residual is set by the manufacturer.

If the money factor is set by the manufacturer it is not negotiable.

The money factor is simply the interest rate divided by 2,400. For example, an interest rate of 1.2 equates to a money factor of .0005 (1.2 / 2,400).

Finally, a bit off topic, any document or other "fee", which is not a government mandated fee such as sales tax or registration, which a dealer attempts to extort is not a fee in any sense of the word. That fake "fee" is simply the selling price divided into two parts. Dealers believe attaching the word "fee" implies some legitimacy to the amount which, dealers believe, will result in buyers simply accepting the fee and, thus, increasing dealer profit.
  • critch78critch78 Member Posts: 1
    Good Morning, I'm looking at leasing a Pilot EX-L and here are the details:

MSRP = $39,195
    Lease Price = $36,068
    Residual = $23,517 (60%)
    Mileage = 15,000 miles/year
    Term = 36 months
    Lease factor = 0.00210

I got this quote in March so I'm wondering if anything has changed in my favor for April. Did the high money factor go down? Any incentives? I doubt that the answer to either of these questions is "Yes" but I thought I'd ask before I finalize my lease. Thanks.
    critch78 said:

Good Morning, I'm looking at leasing a Pilot EX-L and here are the details:

MSRP = $39,195
    Lease Price = $36,068
    Residual = $23,517 (60%)
    Mileage = 15,000 miles/year
    Term = 36 months
    Lease factor = 0.00210

I got this quote in March so I'm wondering if anything has changed in my favor for April. Did the high money factor go down? Any incentives? I doubt that the answer to either of these questions is "Yes" but I thought I'd ask before I finalize my lease. Thanks.

The March lease program is scheduled to run through May 1st, so no changes

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mercyctmercyct Member Posts: 3
    Hi

Can you give me the numbers for a Pilot EX-L with Sensing and a Pilot Touring: 18K miles, 36 months.
    mercyct said:

Hi

Can you give me the numbers for a Pilot EX-L with Sensing and a Pilot Touring: 18K miles, 36 months.

Honda only allows 15K mileage allowance maximum; extra miles are charged on a per mile basis.

.00210 MF

FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited April 2017
    AWD. what is the extra mile cost? Thanks for your help
    Michaell said:

mercyct said:

Hi

Honda only allows 15K mileage allowance maximum; extra miles are charged on a per mile basis.

.00210 MF

FWD or AWD?
    mercyct said:

AWD. what is the extra mile cost? Thanks for your help

59% (EX-L HS) or 57% (Touring).

Don't know the exact amount, but likely between .15-.25 per mile.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

thank you
    Man, Im really thinking of taking off the Pilot off my list now. All that premium for a generous 3rd row? Sheesh. Guy leasing Infiniti is doing the right thing I guess. And i might just go to Acura if this is the case
  • topper2013topper2013 Member Posts: 22
    What do you think about this one for No. NJ?

2017 Honda Pilot EX L
    12K/39 mos
    MSRP 39,125
    Selling Price 38,127
    RV 68%
    MF .00130
    Inception $2,100 (TT&L + Bank + Doc)
    $397/mo.

What do you think of numbers? Look right to you? How much room would you say I have on the monthly (selling price)?

Many thanks!

What do you think about this one for No. NJ?

2017 Honda Pilot EX L
    12K/39 mos
    MSRP 39,125
    Selling Price 38,127
    RV 68%
    MF .00130
    Inception $2,100 (TT&L + Bank + Doc)
    $397/mo.

What do you think of numbers? Look right to you? How much room would you say I have on the monthly (selling price)?

Many thanks!

Those numbers give me $404/mo - pretty close to your quote.

I'm assuming this is a 3rd party bank quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• autonoobie713autonoobie713 Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

Sorry for posting in mulitple forums but I've been trying to figure out which two vehicles to lease for me and my wife. I'm interested in leasing a 2017 Honda Pilot Ex for 36 months and for 15k miles a year. Can you please give me the MF and RV for the Houston, TX area. Does anyone know where I could get a good deal on both vehicles because I'm also planning to lease a Honda Accord Sport 36mo/15k ? Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry for posting in mulitple forums but I've been trying to figure out which two vehicles to lease for me and my wife. I'm interested in leasing a 2017 Honda Pilot Ex for 36 months and for 15k miles a year. Can you please give me the MF and RV for the Houston, TX area. Does anyone know where I could get a good deal on both vehicles because I'm also planning to lease a Honda Accord Sport 36mo/15k ? Thanks!

.00200 MF and 61%/60% residual for FWD/AWD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rmcrierrmcrier Member Posts: 35
    Sorry to switch to 2016 (the 2016 forum looked dormant since January), but there are a few 2016 Touring AWD's in my area in Northern Virginia.  Do you have the numbers for that vehicle?  Mainly wanted to know if the MF is better.  Thanks!