Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2003 Cherokee shifting issue

djcjondarizedjcjondarize Posts: 1
edited April 2017 in Jeep
i went to head to work this mornig. last night the suv was fine but in am i was driving and my engine light started flashing so i slowed down to turn around the light stopped flashing but it seems like my jeep wont shift out of first gear. HELP PLEASE??

Comments

• ray80ray80 Posts: 1,655
    Flashing CEL? Don't drive it, tow to dealer. May very well drive ok after serious problem indicated resolved
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    edited April 2017
    When the CEL is flashing---Ray 80 is correct----STOP THE CAR. There is some system of the car that is trying to protect itself from further damage. You should take the car to a repair facility and have it scanned for trouble codes.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,099
    edited April 2017
    I'm half surprised that when a condition exists that's causing a flashing CEL that there isn't an additional light/message on the dash that says Stop NOW. I know... that would be an additional cost to manufacture, but I wonder how many vehicles wind up needing bigger repairs because people might not be aware how serious a flashing CEL is.

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

Meet your fellow owners and discuss your vehicles in our Owners Clubs