Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2009 Honda Accord AC light goes out

mdcarusomdcaruso Posts: 2
edited April 2017 in Honda
When I turn on the AC in my 2009 Honda Accord the green light on the AC button comes on. If I push the mode button, which only changes where the air flow comes from, for example, from the lower to upper vents, the green AC light goes out. I am still using AC, so it should stay on. I distinctly remember the day this started happening, but Honda is telling me that it is working as designed. I want to get it fixed before my warranty runs out, but I'd like some validation that this is indeed an issue someone else has encountered, so as I continue to discuss it with the dealer, I can tell them I am not the only one that's had the issue. Has anyone had the same issue?

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    Never heard of this. If the A/C continues to blow cold I know I wouldn't worry about it.

Just wondering how an eight year old Honda can still be under warranty?
  • mdcarusomdcaruso Posts: 2
    It does work still except for the light, but why not get it fixed under warranty, I got the 8 year 120k warranty when I bought it. Timed it perfectly since 8 years is up in a month and I have about 119k on the vehicle.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    OK, I get it! That must have been a very comprehensive warranty to cover something that small. By all means go for it! You paid for that warranty so why not?