Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - Am I being ripped off for this CPO 2016 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus?

zeluje32zeluje32 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2017 in Audi
I'm looking at a CPO 2016 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with just under 6000 miles, fully loaded for the most part. I was able to negotiate the price to 39999k, but I cannot find any comparable cars in my area therefore I can't pit the dealership against anyone at the moment. I'm also in NH, so anywhere else I don't get the tax break. I believe the KBB to be around 42k. However, here is the catch: in order to extend the bumper to bumper warranty, I would have to pay over 43k for the car in total. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of, as I'm buying a car on my own with no experience. Can someone offer any thoughts please? I'm contemplating walking away.

Answers

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    You might give the Edmunds True Market Value tool a try. It will give you a good idea of what people are paying in your area and for the car configured the way you are looking at it.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited April 2017
    It seems all right to me. Edmunds says about $38,600 and then you add for CPO or maybe some option you didn't mention, maybe another $1000. So, not a great deal, but no alarm bells. If it's just the car you want maybe it's not worth trying to grind for another $1,000 somewhere else?