Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 BMW X5 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,144

Michaell said:

Hello,
    I would like to see if the following is a good deal in NY.
    X5 i35 xDrive
    MSRP: $67145 (Premium, Cold Weather, Driver Assist, Multi contour seats, 3rd row, metallic paint)
    Initial Cap Cost after dealer discount: $61635
    36/15
    MF: 0.0012 (say this is the best based on credit)
    RV: 55%
    Additional Cap Cost Red (paid by me): $3000

Monthly Payment: $749.82
    Out of pocket costs:
    $3000 cap cost red
    tax on cap red: $338.53
    sales tax: $2328.21
    Bank Fee: $925
    Doc/plate fee: $95

Total OOP: $7,436.56

Salesman said BMW is giving an allowance equal to 2 months of my current lease payment to end it early (I have 3 months left). They are reducing my out of pocket by $1112.

Due at signing is then $6324.56

Thanks
    What payment are they quoting you?

Do you qualify for a fleet discount? That knocks .00020 off the base MF, which is what you've been quoted.

Our recommendation is to limit the out of pocket costs to just the first payment and DMV costs - the cap reduction should be skipped, and the taxes and fees should be rolled into the cap cost. You won't get a refund of those charges should the vehicle get stolen or totaled before the end of the lease.

Ask the dealer for the adjusted cap cost. You are getting a nice discount from sticker.

The payment is $749.82. Without the $3k down the payment was appx $840ish. I don't recall. I am trying to keep the payment below $800. 
    yes I got a fleet discount. 

Using your prices, as is, I get $805/mo

If you need to come up with $6K to get to a specific payment, perhaps you should be looking at less expensive cars.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• judgesmailsjudgesmails Member Posts: 11
    Michaell said:
    Michaell said:
    Hello, I would like to see if the following is a good deal in NY. X5 i35 xDrive MSRP: $67145 (Premium, Cold Weather, Driver Assist, Multi contour seats, 3rd row, metallic paint) Initial Cap Cost after dealer discount: $61635 36/15 MF: 0.0012 (say this is the best based on credit) RV: 55% Additional Cap Cost Red (paid by me): $3000 Monthly Payment: $749.82 Out of pocket costs: $3000 cap cost red tax on cap red: $338.53 sales tax: $2328.21 Bank Fee: $925 Doc/plate fee: $95 Total OOP: $7,436.56 Salesman said BMW is giving an allowance equal to 2 months of my current lease payment to end it early (I have 3 months left). They are reducing my out of pocket by $1112. Due at signing is then $6324.56 Thanks
    What payment are they quoting you? Do you qualify for a fleet discount? That knocks .00020 off the base MF, which is what you've been quoted. Our recommendation is to limit the out of pocket costs to just the first payment and DMV costs - the cap reduction should be skipped, and the taxes and fees should be rolled into the cap cost. You won't get a refund of those charges should the vehicle get stolen or totaled before the end of the lease. Ask the dealer for the adjusted cap cost. You are getting a nice discount from sticker.
    The payment is $749.82. Without the $3k down the payment was appx $840ish. I don't recall. I am trying to keep the payment below $800. 
    Using your prices, as is, I get $805/mo If you need to come up with $6K to get to a specific payment, perhaps you should be looking at less expensive cars.
    I don't need to put any money down. It's more of an optics thing for me. 
  • judgesmailsjudgesmails Member Posts: 11
    Michaell said:
    Michaell said:
    Hello, I would like to see if the following is a good deal in NY. X5 i35 xDrive MSRP: $67145 (Premium, Cold Weather, Driver Assist, Multi contour seats, 3rd row, metallic paint) Initial Cap Cost after dealer discount: $61635 36/15 MF: 0.0012 (say this is the best based on credit) RV: 55% Additional Cap Cost Red (paid by me): $3000 Monthly Payment: $749.82 Out of pocket costs: $3000 cap cost red tax on cap red: $338.53 sales tax: $2328.21 Bank Fee: $925 Doc/plate fee: $95 Total OOP: $7,436.56 Salesman said BMW is giving an allowance equal to 2 months of my current lease payment to end it early (I have 3 months left). They are reducing my out of pocket by $1112. Due at signing is then $6324.56 Thanks
    What payment are they quoting you? Do you qualify for a fleet discount? That knocks .00020 off the base MF, which is what you've been quoted. Our recommendation is to limit the out of pocket costs to just the first payment and DMV costs - the cap reduction should be skipped, and the taxes and fees should be rolled into the cap cost. You won't get a refund of those charges should the vehicle get stolen or totaled before the end of the lease. Ask the dealer for the adjusted cap cost. You are getting a nice discount from sticker.
    Using your prices, as is, I get $805/mo If you need to come up with $6K to get to a specific payment, perhaps you should be looking at less expensive cars.
    Michael,
    I ran the numbers again on a lease calculator. I think that, although the discount off MSRP is good, the $1112 credit for 2 months of my existing car payment is not a credit. They are deducting that amount from the $3k down. Effectively making it $1888 down. This calculates to $749 per month. $3000 down calculates to $717 per month. I will, of course, call the sales guy on this. Thank you!

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Hello,
    X5 i35 xDrive
    MSRP: $67145 (Premium, Cold Weather, Driver Assist, Multi contour seats, 3rd row, metallic paint)
    36/15

Out of pocket costs:
    $3000 cap cost red

Salesman said BMW is giving an allowance equal to 2 months of my current lease payment to end it early (I have 3 months left). They are reducing my out of pocket by $1112.

Thanks

Do you qualify for a fleet discount? That knocks .00020 off the base MF, which is what you've been quoted.

Our recommendation is to limit the out of pocket costs to just the first payment and DMV costs - the cap reduction should be skipped, and the taxes and fees should be rolled into the cap cost. You won't get a refund of those charges should the vehicle get stolen or totaled before the end of the lease.

Ask the dealer for the adjusted cap cost. You are getting a nice discount from sticker.

If you need to come up with $6K to get to a specific payment, perhaps you should be looking at less expensive cars.

I don't need to put any money down. It's more of an optics thing for me. 

In my opinion, optics are secondary to risk. :wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Hello,
    X5 i35 xDrive
    36/15

Out of pocket costs:
    $3000 cap cost red

Thanks

Michael,
    I ran the numbers again on a lease calculator. I think that, although the discount off MSRP is good, the $1112 credit for 2 months of my existing car payment is not a credit. They are deducting that amount from the $3k down. Effectively making it $1888 down. This calculates to $749 per month. $3000 down calculates to $717 per month. I will, of course, call the sales guy on this. Thank you!

Keep pushing. You'll eventually get the deal you want.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• johnnygolkajohnnygolka Member Posts: 7
    When do the new 2018 models start production?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217

When do the new 2018 models start production?

Sorry, we don't have that information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cooper2014cooper2014 Member Posts: 42
    May I have numbers for
    X5 40e 
    xline RV 
    msport RV
    36/12

also 

X5 xdrive 35i
    same model types (not sure if the trim makes a difference in the RV?)

thank you very much 

May I have numbers for
    X5 40e 
    xline RV 
    msport RV
    36/12

also 

X5 xdrive 35i
    same model types (not sure if the trim makes a difference in the RV?)

thank you very much 

.00140 and 57% (35i) or 55% (40e)

$3000 lease bonus on the 40e

Trim level or options do not affect the residual values

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shilo5000shilo5000 Member Posts: 6
    Do you have current incentives for 2017 X5d 36x12, 36x15, loyalty? Thank you!
    shilo5000 said:

Do you have current incentives for 2017 X5d 36x12, 36x15, loyalty? Thank you!

.00140 and 57% / 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• MPirkleMPirkle Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2017
    Hi! Not sure if April's programs are available yet.

Need base MF and residual for x5 50i 30/12 and 36/12 in NJ.

Any new option credits, incentives, loyalty, etc. for April? Was hoping maybe they were throwing in something to account for roughly 1k price increase.

Thanks for your help!.
  • labattslabatts Member Posts: 4
    I'm also looking for April MF/RV on the 2017 x5 35i and 40e 36/12 in NY.. and ditto on incentives with the price increase. Thanks!
    MPirkle said:

Hi! Not sure if April's programs are available yet.

Need base MF and residual for x5 50i 30/12 and 36/12 in NJ.

Any new option credits, incentives, loyalty, etc. for April? Was hoping maybe they were throwing in something to account for roughly 1k price increase.

Thanks for your help!.

00146 and 60% / 57%

No incentive information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

labatts said:

I'm also looking for April MF/RV on the 2017 x5 35i and 40e 36/12 in NY.. and ditto on incentives with the price increase. Thanks!

.00146 and 57% for both trims.

There used to be $3000 lease credit on the 40e, but I don't see that, this month. Check with your dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rgm3333rgm3333 Member Posts: 12
    Would you please advise of the Money Factor and Residual on a 2017 X5 SDR 35I in Dallas, Texas? Thank you.
    12k/ 36 months and 10k/36 months. Thanks.
    rgm3333 said:

12k/ 36 months and 10k/36 months. Thanks.

rgm3333 said:

Would you please advise of the Money Factor and Residual on a 2017 X5 SDR 35I in Dallas, Texas? Thank you.

.00146 MF and 57%/58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you!
    MF still the same with 15k miles and 36 months?
    rgm3333 said:

MF still the same with 15k miles and 36 months?

.00146 MF and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you!
  • itspforditspford Member Posts: 46
    Hello,

Can someone provide the details for a 2017 X5 eDrive in NC for all available terms? Trying to find the sweet spot..

Thanks!
    itspford said:

Hello,

Can someone provide the details for a 2017 X5 eDrive in NC for all available terms? Trying to find the sweet spot..

Thanks!

For BMW, 36 months is the sweet spot for residual values.

.00146 and 55% for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    Hello, Can someone provide the details for a 2017 X5 eDrive in NC for all available terms? Trying to find the sweet spot.. Thanks!
    For BMW, 36 months is the sweet spot for residual values. .00146 and 55% for 36/15
    What is the add back on the residual for less mileage?
    itspford said:

Michaell said:

itspford said:

Hello,

Thanks!

For BMW, 36 months is the sweet spot for residual values.

.00146 and 55% for 36/15

What is the add back on the residual for less mileage?

Add 2%/3% for 12K/10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2017
    Hello, 

I'm eligible for the BMW corporate discount program. I'm trying to evaluate this advertised X5 eDrive deal, but cannot figure out how they are getting to the $587/month payment. Can someone help?

• genner2genner2 Member Posts: 46
    Hi all -- I have a basic leasing question (didn't see a general lease forum :)). Is it general practice for dealers to allow you to end a lease a week or two early in order for you to take advantage of a quarterly or special sale? In other words, I missed the Q1-end sale last month. If I leased a car in April (for 3 years), and I want to get in on a deal in March next time (the month before my lease-end month of April), is that a huge deal or is there a penalty? I know ending a lease a year or two early is a no-no, but what about just a few weeks before?
    itspford said:

Hello, 

I'm eligible for the BMW corporate discount program. I'm trying to evaluate this advertised X5 eDrive deal, but cannot figure out how they are getting to the $587/month payment. Can someone help?

There is likely a "dealer contribution" (aka discount from sticker) before the cash down and incentives are applied.

Just so you know, the $3500 will add almost $100/mo to the advertised payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

genner2 said:

Hi all -- I have a basic leasing question (didn't see a general lease forum :)). Is it general practice for dealers to allow you to end a lease a week or two early in order for you to take advantage of a quarterly or special sale? In other words, I missed the Q1-end sale last month. If I leased a car in April (for 3 years), and I want to get in on a deal in March next time (the month before my lease-end month of April), is that a huge deal or is there a penalty? I know ending a lease a year or two early is a no-no, but what about just a few weeks before?

Once you've made your last lease payment (in March), you'll be free to make your next deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    Hello, 

There is likely a "dealer contribution" (aka discount from sticker) before the cash down and incentives are applied. Just so you know, the $3500 will add almost $100/mo to the advertised payment.
    That's what I figured, but having a hard time figuring out what it is. Obviously I wouldn't want to put anything down, so trying to figure out if there's any more room to negotiate the cap cost down to bring the payment down without a down payment
    itspford said:

Michaell said:

itspford said:

Hello, 

There is likely a "dealer contribution" (aka discount from sticker) before the cash down and incentives are applied.

Just so you know, the $3500 will add almost $100/mo to the advertised payment.

That's what I figured, but having a hard time figuring out what it is. Obviously I wouldn't want to put anything down, so trying to figure out if there's any more room to negotiate the cap cost down to bring the payment down without a down payment

I can't make the numbers work on that corporate deal. It does something screwy with the residual.

But, on the normal advertised deal on this model, the advertised payment assumes a dealer discount of about $1800, in addition to the incentives. I would guess this one is similar.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• genner2genner2 Member Posts: 46
    Michaell said:

genner2 said:

Once you've made your last lease payment (in March), you'll be free to make your next deal.
    Thanks again, Michaell!
  • fllcfllc Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2017
    Hello - would someone help me craft an email to send to dealerships for an aggressive lease deal on the following build? 2017 BMW X5 sdrive, mineral white, prem package, multi-contour seats, rear-view cam. MSRP on BMW USA is 62,695. I can't seem to find the invoice price on this? I am okay with 10k per year. This is my 6th BMW, but I didn't handle prior negotiations. Shouldn't that get me some loyalty, maybe under invoice pricing? Please help me understand how the cap cost works? Are there any incentives this month? I can pull the trigger in April or May. I understand that the residual for 10k is 58% and the MF should be .00146. The part that I struggle with is how to figure out cap cost. I can do this deal in either Florida or Georgia. Thanks so much in advance!!!
    fllc said:

Hello - would someone help me craft an email to send to dealerships for an aggressive lease deal on the following build? 2017 BMW X5 sdrive, mineral white, prem package, multi-contour seats, rear-view cam. MSRP on BMW USA is 62,695. I can't seem to find the invoice price on this? I am okay with 10k per year. This is my 6th BMW, but I didn't handle prior negotiations. Shouldn't that get me some loyalty, maybe under invoice pricing? Please help me understand how the cap cost works? Are there any incentives this month? I can pull the trigger in April or May. I understand that the residual for 10k is 58% and the MF should be .00146. The part that I struggle with is how to figure out cap cost. I can do this deal in either Florida or Georgia. Thanks so much in advance!!!

For BMW, you want to target 7% (or more) off sticker price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ironpigironpig Member Posts: 3
    Got a deal as
    MSRP: 66945
    My price $59500
    $3500 OOD
    $704/month
    MF: 0.0146
    Residual: 57%

Is this ok?
    ironpig said:

Got a deal as
    MSRP: 66945
    My price $59500
    $3500 OOD
    $704/month
    MF: 0.0146
    Residual: 57%

Is this ok?

36/12?

What state and tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes 36/12 and it's CA
    ironpig said:

Yes 36/12 and it's CA

Assuming 8% tax rate, that $59,500 would have to include all the acquisition and DMV/doc fees.
    That looks pretty good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Sorry $704 is not included tax..:(
  • homiedruhomiedru Member Posts: 3
    hi, can you please help confirm the April MF and residuals for a 2017 X5 x35i for 36 months and 10/12/15K?

is it 0.00146 and 58%/57%/55%? thanks!!
    homiedru said:

hi, can you please help confirm the April MF and residuals for a 2017 X5 x35i for 36 months and 10/12/15K?

is it 0.00146 and 58%/57%/55%? thanks!!

That's it

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• aspi007aspi007 Member Posts: 40
    hi
    X5M 36/10 RV 58% in April?
    thank you
    aspi007 said:

hi
    X5M 36/10 RV 58% in April?
    thank you

Yes

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kpb498mkekpb498mke Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2017
    X5 50i, 36/15 and 36/12, RV and MF, Wisconsin?
    Thank you much.
  • ltyentaltyenta Member Posts: 60
    Could you post the RV for 10k/24 10k/30 and 10k/36 X5 Xdrive 35i in PA
  • jjericojjerico Member Posts: 6
    Could you confirm the RV for a 36/10K X5 xDrive40e in CA. also MF please...been told MF is .00137 - .00146 and RV is 58% thank you!
    kpb498mke said:

X5 50i, 36/15 and 36/12, RV and MF, Wisconsin?
    Thank you much.

.00146 and 55% or 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

ltyenta said:

Could you post the RV for 10k/24 10k/30 and 10k/36 X5 Xdrive 35i in PA

.00146 and 64% 61% 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

jjerico said:

Could you confirm the RV for a 36/10K X5 xDrive40e in CA. also MF please...been told MF is .00137 - .00146 and RV is 58% thank you!

.00146 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator