Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jaguar XJ-Series: Sudden Acceleration

2»

Comments

• trish78trish78 Member Posts: 2
    I have just had the same experience of sudden acceleration on a dual carriageway and badly crashed into another car at 100mph on 13th November 2013 here in Kent in the UK.
    My XJ8, bought from new, well looked after by main dealer,50000 miles on clock, one driver (me) My car and other car probable writeoff and lucky to be alive.
    First response from dealer is that they have never heard of this problem before!
    My son researched the web and found all your problems very easily so I find it hard to believe that Jaguar are unaware. I am awaiting an independent report from my insurers before really going public here in the UK.
    Tricia Carr Kent UK
  • trish78trish78 Member Posts: 2
    Watch out. I am in Kent UK and on 13th Nov 2013 I had what could have been a fatal crash on a dual carriageway . I had my XJ8 from new, 50000miles on the clock and it suddenly accelerated. Couldn't stop it and hit doing about 100mph a car moving more slowly in front of me.
    Am awaiting insurance independent expert report before really going public, but don't wish anyone else to get hurt before I take further action.
  • jaguar_mojaguar_mo Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 XJL VDP .. it experienced the exact same Sudden acceleration or lunging forward or unintended acceleration, I HAVE VIDEO FOOTAGE OF IT ALMOST KILLING 3 PEOPLE BEFORE HITTING A BUS. I would love to speak to someone who has had the issue or has taken it the next level and filed against jag as I have.. please email me at... m o (dot) h a i d e r (at) r o g e r s (dot) com Car stuck in Park/ ABS message too, 100% foot on the brake, Jag denies any issue after 2 years of investigation. Black box they deny has info.
  • clintackermanclintackerman Member Posts: 1
    2004 VandenPlas September 2020 second ccurance wishi had known about this before i bought it 3 years ago.
    Driving home from Jag dealer in Sudbury Mass. Paid $3500 in repairs ...and saftey check

Took off on its own at a stop sign after driving about 20 minutes. Filed NHTS report. Junked the car ....a time bom.

Is there any class action suit?

Never Again ...beautiful car.
  • Ivar_Mectin72Ivar_Mectin72 Member Posts: 1

My 2005 XJ revved twice last night as I was braking for a red light. I put it in neutral and it continued to rev but at least it was not surging forward! When you recognize it accelerating quickly shift into nuetral