Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Do Honda Accords get more "shopping center" nicks and dents than other cars?

Elliot UdellElliot Udell Member Posts: 83
edited April 2017 in Honda
I am considering leasing a Honda Accord Hybrid. My next door neighbor has a regular accord and feels that his car gets more than a fair share of nicks and dents while parked in crowded areas. Is this true or it it just his own bad luck experiences?

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Your neighbor needs to pay more attention where he parks his car! He needs to (gasp!) walk a bit maybe by parking away from the crowd. He need to not park next to 2 door cars with wide doors etc.

I did get a chuckle out of this though and you can tell him that!
  • Elliot UdellElliot Udell Member Posts: 83
    In our area if you go shopping, you are forced to park next to two cars and sometimes you have circle around to even find one space.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Not sure that a sample of one owner's experience is something I'd make a judgement on. A much better sample of one would be YOUR experience. Does YOUR vehicle currently get more parking lot nicks and dings than you expect to be "normal"? Other than a car being physically wider, I don't see why any make would be more likely to get bumped by someone not paying attention when they open their door than any other make.
  • Elliot UdellElliot Udell Member Posts: 83
    My current car is a 19 year old Avalon. I don't care about nicks and dents.