Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Chevrolet Volt Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• czar4czar4 Member Posts: 33
    Looking for some feedback on whether this is a good deal. I am not looking for feedback on the lease calculation itself just whether the sales price and rebates are reasonable in the marketplace. 

Volt LT MSRP $35,640
    SALE PRICE $34381.25

REBATES $10,150 ($4400 rebate from Chevy, $2250 Select/CCR rebate from Chevy, $500 competitive lease rebate from Chevy, and $3000 CHEAPR rebate from State of CT)

With $0 drive-in this gets me to $280.15/month. Is that decent or should I be looking to negotiate more on the sale price?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,104
    czar4 said:

Looking for some feedback on whether this is a good deal. I am not looking for feedback on the lease calculation itself just whether the sales price and rebates are reasonable in the marketplace. 

Volt LT MSRP $35,640
    SALE PRICE $34381.25

REBATES $10,150 ($4400 rebate from Chevy, $2250 Select/CCR rebate from Chevy, $500 competitive lease rebate from Chevy, and $3000 CHEAPR rebate from State of CT)

With $0 drive-in this gets me to $280.15/month. Is that decent or should I be looking to negotiate more on the sale price?

We don't track selling prices - use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to the price tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Okay, thanks for the help!
  • cydel82cydel82 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys! Thanks for this forum. Really has been educational and informative for me.
    Trying to get your comments on a 2017 Volt Premiere lease offer I got, 10k miles, 36 months. $315 per month with a total drive off amount of $1534.51. Add $11/month for 12k miles. Daly City, CA (8.75% sales tax). MSRP is 40,810.
    I'm still trying to get all the numbers, but just looking at this, wanted to know if this is a good enough deal.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    cydel82 said:

Hi Guys! Thanks for this forum. Really has been educational and informative for me.
    Trying to get your comments on a 2017 Volt Premiere lease offer I got, 10k miles, 36 months. $315 per month with a total drive off amount of $1534.51. Add $11/month for 12k miles. Daly City, CA (8.75% sales tax). MSRP is 40,810.
    I'm still trying to get all the numbers, but just looking at this, wanted to know if this is a good enough deal.

It looks great.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    That looks really good. Does it have the safety and tech packages?
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • gwh1341gwh1341 Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys, seems like there may be some geographic differences in the offers available.

I'm in Portland OR looking for a 2017 Premiere 10k/36mo.

What are this month's incentives, MF, and RV?
    gwh1341 said:

Hey guys, seems like there may be some geographic differences in the offers available.

I'm in Portland OR looking for a 2017 Premiere 10k/36mo.

What are this month's incentives, MF, and RV?

There may be geographic differences, but we've only got one set of numbers to quote from - and, they are marked "national".

.00060 and 50%

$4025 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Is this accurate?  I only have the basics information so trying to make sure the numbers work on 2017 Volt LT. 36 month/10k

$35,655 MSRP
    $31,888 negotiated price 
    $33,167 gross cap cost with acquisition fee, doc fee, dmv
    $10,150 rebates (GM plus State of CT)
    $23,810 net cap cost

Tax rate is 6.25% (upfront tax = $594.53)

Lease payment is $193/mo including tax

Drive off = first months payment of $193. 

czar4 said:

Is this accurate?  I only have the basics information so trying to make sure the numbers work on 2017 Volt LT. 36 month/10k

$35,655 MSRP
    $31,888 negotiated price 
    $33,167 gross cap cost with acquisition fee, doc fee, dmv
    $10,150 rebates (GM plus State of CT)
    $23,810 net cap cost

Tax rate is 6.25% (upfront tax = $594.53)

Lease payment is $193/mo including tax

Drive off = first months payment of $193. 

.00060 MF and 51% residual

I get $181/mo.+tax, so seems like it's correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you. That's very helpful. 
  • ahawk989ahawk989 Member Posts: 7
    Hello! Could you please provide the MF and residual for the LT and Premier trims in the Bay Area, California?
    ahawk989 said:

Hello! Could you please provide the MF and residual for the LT and Premier trims in the Bay Area, California?

.00060 for both

36/15 residuals are 48% for LT and 47% for Premier.

$4400 lease cash on LT; $4025 on Premier.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• thierry14thierry14 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,hoping you can help me with this quote I got on a Volt Premier 36/10 in Los Angeles. I have three main questions:
    1. i'm top tier credit and money factor looks high compared to what you are quoting in other posts for April. should be .00060, no?
    2. do rebates seem consistent with what you'd expect? $4000 lease cash and $7275 (total of $11,275)
    3. can't figure out how they are arriving at that tax number...or monthly payment. I get $23/month or $827 over life of lease.

I've attached image of dealer sheet and also my own calculations for comparison.

Thanks in advance for your help.

thierry14 said:

Hi,hoping you can help me with this quote I got on a Volt Premier 36/10 in Los Angeles. I have three main questions:
    1. i'm top tier credit and money factor looks high compared to what you are quoting in other posts for April. should be .00060, no?
    2. do rebates seem consistent with what you'd expect? $4000 lease cash and $7275 (total of $11,275)
    3. can't figure out how they are arriving at that tax number...or monthly payment. I get $23/month or $827 over life of lease.

I've attached image of dealer sheet and also my own calculations for comparison.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1) Yes, the MF is marked up, if you have top tier credit. (adds $50/mo.)
    2) Doesn't look like $11,275 in rebates from here.. looks like $4000 of that is out of your pocket (customer cash).
    3) The rebates are taxable upfront, which doesn't seem to be reflected in this quote. The tax on the first sheet looks like an informational line, not part of the calculation. (total tax.. monthly plus upfront on rebates)

Up top, the payment is $343, but down below it's $304. So, something is off. The two documents don't match up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:

ahawk989 said:

.00060 for both

36/15 residuals are 48% for LT and 47% for Premier.

$4400 lease cash on LT; $4025 on Premier.
    Thanks!!

Just wondering, Besides the $4400 lease cash and (current) $1000 chevy bonus cash program, would the dealer also provide any "rebate" cash? and if so, is there a set number or what does it depend on?

Thanks,
    Alex
    If you're in LA you should get the Calif $1500 Clean Energy check. You have to apply -- the dealer helped me do it. Is the Costco $700 gift card program still going on too?
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    Hey Guys,

So I went in and did some calculations.. What do you guys think? This is for the Base LT with cloth seats and Comfort Package:

Thanks,
    Alex
    ahawk989 said:

Hey Guys,

So I went in and did some calculations.. What do you guys think? This is for the Base LT with cloth seats and Comfort Package:

Thanks,
    Alex

I agree with the residual and MF.

However, I can't make the numbers work to get the payment quoted.

Ask the dealer what the adjusted cap cost is.

And, the cash due is $2019.36 more than the rebate - what does that money cover?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

ahawk989 said:

Hey Guys,

Thanks,
    Alex

I can come pretty close.
    The money upfront covers all fees, plus tax on the rebate and taxable fees. (and the first payment)
    Disregard the total tax number, as that includes the monthly tax on the payments. (informational only)
    They don't break out the upfront tax, but it should be about $730.

So, that leaves the selling price as the CAP cost.
    And, a payment of $236/mo.+tax or about $257/mo.
    That's within a dollar of your quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• compmancompman Member Posts: 26
    I'm seeing posts on this forum about a $700 Costco Card. Do I have to lease the car thru Costco to get it? Or can I just mention I have a Costco membership? And is it still an active promotion? Thanks!
    I don't know if the promotion is still going but you just have to be a Costco member. My dealership filled out the application for me. But I'm not sure it's still going on in 2017.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    Thanks suydam
  • john___25john___25 Member Posts: 29
    Hello -

Would you please provide the RV and MF for a 2017 Volt LT in Central Ohio? 36/12k. Thanks!
    john___25 said:

Hello -

Would you please provide the RV and MF for a 2017 Volt LT in Central Ohio? 36/12k. Thanks!

.00069 and 50%. $4400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi, Can you tell me what the residual and MF are for 2017 Volt LT in San Diego, CA? Lease Cash? Are they offering any other lease incentives? I thought I saw another $2250 off last month, but not sure where (it was a national website like this one) or if Chevy is still offering it. Thx.
    compman said:

Hi, Can you tell me what the residual and MF are for 2017 Volt LT in San Diego, CA? Lease Cash? Are they offering any other lease incentives? I thought I saw another $2250 off last month, but not sure where (it was a national website like this one) or if Chevy is still offering it. Thx.

.00069 MF and 48% residual for 36/15.
    $4400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Sorry, forgot to say 36/12.
    compman said:

Sorry, forgot to say 36/12.

50% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• blue_trabantblue_trabant Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    First, I wanted to thank Michaell and kyfdx for providing such an amazing service to everyone -- you guys are truly helping your fellow men and women!

Personally, I'm interested in residual, MF, and any lease cash on 2017 Volt Premier for 24/12 and 24/15 in Texas. I'm in central TX, if that makes a difference.

Thank you!

edit: looking back through the thread, it looks like 24-month terms are "unsupported". Does that mean not offered at all, or only at the dealer's discretion?

First, I wanted to thank Michaell and kyfdx for providing such an amazing service to everyone -- you guys are truly helping your fellow men and women!

Personally, I'm interested in residual, MF, and any lease cash on 2017 Volt Premier for 24/12 and 24/15 in Texas. I'm in central TX, if that makes a difference.

Thank you!

edit: looking back through the thread, it looks like 24-month terms are "unsupported". Does that mean not offered at all, or only at the dealer's discretion?

They are offered, but at "standard" rates, which means they wouldn't be cost effective.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• alsecordalsecord Member Posts: 16
    Could you please let me know the residual and mf for 2017 Chevy Volt Premier 36/12 in Los Angeles, CA?
    Thanks!
    alsecord said:

Could you please let me know the residual and mf for 2017 Chevy Volt Premier 36/12 in Los Angeles, CA?
    Thanks!

.00069 MF and 49% residual
    $4025 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• vaterpvaterp Member Posts: 29
    Hi all,

Never leased a car before, so I hope i'm asking this correctly.... I'd like to understand what I should expect to pay to lease a 2017 volt premiere. I'm interested in 36 months @ 15K miles per year. I'm in northern virginia.

Thanks!
    vaterp said:

Hi all,

Never leased a car before, so I hope i'm asking this correctly.... I'd like to understand what I should expect to pay to lease a 2017 volt premiere. I'm interested in 36 months @ 15K miles per year. I'm in northern virginia.

Thanks!

To calculate a lease payment, you need
    MSRP
    Negotiated sale price
    Adjusted CAP cost
    Money factor (.00069)
    Residual (47%)

One of the most important variables is the selling price you negotiate. That's why we can't tell you what monthly payment to expect.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• vaterpvaterp Member Posts: 29
    kyfdx - thanks for the response....

Can I generally ask the board then, anyone from northern Virginia?

What did you end up paying ?

I've gotten a few quotes from different dealers, and they are so different right now, I don't really know what I should expect as reasonable starting spot for negotiations from there.....

Thanks!
    I noticed in 2016 that the MF on the 2017 LT was .0004, but in 2017 they have been .0006 or higher. Is there a better time of year to lease? Or does it fluctuate based on a financial indicator (10-yr bonds, etc)? How much of a diff does .0006 vs .00069 make towards the payment?
    compman said:

I noticed in 2016 that the MF on the 2017 LT was .0004, but in 2017 they have been .0006 or higher. Is there a better time of year to lease? Or does it fluctuate based on a financial indicator (10-yr bonds, etc)? How much of a diff does .0006 vs .00069 make towards the payment?

MF is set by the marketing and finance folks to achieve a certain payment and profit. No historical information to tell us when the best time of year would be.

The difference between .00060 and .00069 is pretty small - depends on the MSRP and negotiated price, along with the residual value.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited May 2017
    OK, let assume 2017 LT MSRP of 34,490, with negotiated price of 30K before rebates/lease cash. Figure 36/12 or 39/12 for MF and residual figures. Thx
    compman said:

OK, let assume 2017 LT MSRP of 34,490, with negotiated price of 30K before rebates/lease cash. Figure 36/12 or 39/12 for MF and residual figures. Thx

36/12 - .00069 and 50%. $387/mo before tax
    39/12 - .00069 and 48%. $406/mo before tax

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The difference between .00060 and .00069 is pretty small - depends on the MSRP and negotiated price, along with the residual value.
    So what would the "dollars/month' difference be in the above scenario for a 39/12 between .0006 and .00069? thx

compman said:

So what would the "dollars/month' difference be in the above scenario for a 39/12 between .0006 and .00069? thx

$5/mo for 39 months; $4/mo for 36 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Lol yeah I'd consider that pretty small. Thanks for your help! Looking to pick up the Volt LT in Blue this weekend. :-)
    compman said:

Lol yeah I'd consider that pretty small. Thanks for your help! Looking to pick up the Volt LT in Blue this weekend. :-)

Best of luck!

Be sure to come back and share your deal details with us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• al_smith_75al_smith_75 Member Posts: 3
    Can I get the residual and MF on a 36/10 in Los Angeles, CA please?

LT or Premier?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

LT or Premier?
    Both please. Thank you!

Michaell said:

LT or Premier?
    Both please. Thank you!
    .00069 and 51% (LT) or 50% (Premier)

$4400 lease cash on LT; $4025 on Premier

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

LT or Premier?
    Both please. Thank you!

Thank you. Am I correct to assume MF is best possible for top tier credit?

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

LT or Premier?
    Both please. Thank you!

Thank you. Am I correct to assume MF is best possible for top tier credit?
    Yes, that is correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator