Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

pilotdadpilotdad Member Posts: 12
edited December 2016 in Honda
Hadn't seen this topic posted yet, but I'm very interested in what experiences you all have had. If you could give the price paid before taxes and registration it would be most helpful for comparisons from different states. Thank you!

Comments

• s2kroma1s2kroma1 Member Posts: 19
    Started shopping today for a 2017 Civic LX Hatchback Auto Trans. Received a quote from a local dealer here in OH zip 44060 of $19,427.00 (MSRP $21,335.00). Is this a good deal or not? Thanks in advance.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Replied in your other discussion.

Anyone else shopping and have numbers to report?
  • r_dewsr_dews Member Posts: 7
    Received a quote for a 2017 Civic Coupe EX-L for $22,988 (MSRP $24,360 incl. $835 destination) excluding TTL. Processing fee is $299. I'm in the DC Metro are between DC and Baltimore, MD.
    The True Market Value price in DC is $23,228 Your quote is about 6% off MSRP.

Going by other posts (mostly the sedan) and considering that DC is in an aggressive dealer area, I think you can do better. The inventory seems "adequate". Dunno, seems to me like your quote is about $1,000 too high.

I dunno, are the coupes that much more in demand? Anyone?
    stever said:

The True Market Value price in DC is $23,228 Your quote is about 6% off MSRP.

Going by other posts (mostly the sedan) and considering that DC is in an aggressive dealer area, I think you can do better. The inventory seems "adequate". Dunno, seems to me like your quote is about $1,000 too high.

I dunno, are the coupes that much more in demand? Anyone?

stever, I had inadvertently included the processing fee in the amount I mentioned. The price with only the destination charge was actually $22,689. The TMV for my zip code is actually $23,189 (w/o processing fee).
    Well, if we are on the same page, you're up to 7% off.

It varies, but the usual range is 8 to 12% off MSRP. I think you may be hitting the "all new 2017" syndrome. :)

If you can wait a bit, try updating your quote at the end of the month. Might save you a few hundred more bucks.
    stever said:

Well, if we are on the same page, you're up to 7% off.

It varies, but the usual range is 8 to 12% off MSRP. I think you may be hitting the "all new 2017" syndrome. :)

If you can wait a bit, try updating your quote at the end of the month. Might save you a few hundred more bucks.

The quote was the Edmunds Price Promise price I received via the internet. I went into the dealership today and met with a salesperson. The deal currently on the table is OTD at $24,175.
    Sounds like you are getting there - that means your selling price before TTL is around $22k something?
  • slaphappyslaphappy Member Posts: 7
    Quote from NJ dealer (zip 08691) - 2017 Civic EX-T 1.5L Turbo CVT Trans. $20,555.00 (MSRP $23,135.00). This price includes destination and handling charges. Add in 7% NJ sales tax, MV fees and dealer fees I estimate OTD price of $22,400.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Hello! Once again, Edmunds is partnering with Parents Magazine to help families find their perfect car. If you own one of the below vehicles and have children under the age of 12, we'd love to hear what you think of it.
    Here's a link to the survey - please give us your thoughts no later than March 1, 2017.
    Thanks for your help!

SURVEY LINK: https://goo.gl/forms/wN9bw9FtPqRb2j4a2

Kia Soul (ideally 2017, 2016)
    Chevrolet Bolt (2017)
    Honda Civic (2016-17)
    Hyundai Sonata (2015-17)
    Subaru Crosstrek (2015-17)
    Honda CR-V (2017)
    Toyota Highlander (2017)
    Chrysler Pacifica (2017)
    Subaru Outback (2015-17)
  • osme02osme02 Member Posts: 4
    FYI, I bought a EX-T w/ Sensing (MSRP $24175) for 21.1k plus TTL and sales tax.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    osme02 said:

FYI, I bought a EX-T w/ Sensing (MSRP $24175) for 21.1k plus TTL and sales tax.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• sunnyddsunnydd Member Posts: 6
    is a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T for $23,168 OTD 
    a good bargain? 
    Comes with wheels lock and auto theft 
  • ohiohondaguyohiohondaguy Member Posts: 33
    sunnydd said:

is a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T for $23,168 OTD 
    a good bargain? 
    Comes with wheels lock and auto theft 

Depending on your tax rate, I ran numbers based off of my local tax (7.5%) to get 23,150 OTD with wheel locks. Looks like your vehicle price is about $2000 below MSRP which puts it about $600 under invoice. Good deal.
  • sunnyddsunnydd Member Posts: 6
    Thank you! 
    I live in Orange country CA

• ohiohondaguyohiohondaguy Member Posts: 33
    sunnydd said:

Thank you! 
    I live in Orange country CA

Not a problem! Your tax rate in Orange County is 7.75% so your offer is a little better than expected!
  • aat0995aat0995 Member Posts: 6
    Just bought a civic ex-l hatchback with nav & sensing for 24,300 OTD without tag n taxes (bought from another state)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    aat0995 said:

Just bought a civic ex-l hatchback with nav & sensing for 24,300 OTD without tag n taxes (bought from another state)

Congrats on the new ride!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• aat0995aat0995 Member Posts: 6
    kyfdx said:
    Congrats on the new ride!
    Thanks! It took quite a bit to get that price. Hopefully others are able to replicate it. 
  • kbs22kbs22 Member Posts: 14
    Just leased a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T

MSRP $ 23,135

Price Paid before TTL and Acquisition Fee: $19,663.75

Pretty happy with the deal, I shopped it around and couldn't find anyone that could beat it.
  • aristophanesaristophanes Member Posts: 4
    Hi.

Has anyone recently purchased/leased a 2017 Civic EX in Seattle area? How much off MSRP should I expect to negotiate?

Thanks!
  • carsearch56carsearch56 Member Posts: 22
    Hi, I got a quote for 2017 Civic EX-L for roughly $23700 total OTD in Orange County area. Is this a good price? I have several quotes between this price $24800. They're saying it's only good thru end of this month, not sure if I should wait for Memorial day to get better pricing or incentive?

I

Hi, I got a quote for 2017 Civic EX-L for roughly $23700 total OTD in Orange County area. Is this a good price? I have several quotes between this price $24800. They're saying it's only good thru end of this month, not sure if I should wait for Memorial day to get better pricing or incentive?

I

The current programs for Honda do expire on May 1st, so no dealer would guarantee a price after that.

However, there will be a new program to replace it. Doesn't seem likely that pricing will go up, next month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• carsearch56carsearch56 Member Posts: 22
    Purchased EX-L for $23,250 OTD this weekend. Hardin Honda in Anaheim
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699

Purchased EX-L for $23,250 OTD this weekend. Hardin Honda in Anaheim

Great job - congrats and enjoy your new Honda!

2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • hitchrackhitchrack Member Posts: 1
    Where are all the regular civic hatchbacks with sensing? I have been hunting around at numerous dealer websites and the only hatchbacks with sensing are the sport touring trim levels. No one seems to have any of the regular ex or exl models with sensing anywhere in the country. The big problem with the sport models is the center exhaust which in my case is a no win because I need a place to put a hitch mounted bike rack. My dealer contacts don't seem to have any clue
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Have you purchased a new vehicle in the last six months, and are you willing to talk about your experience getting a loan? If so, a reporter would love to talk to you about your experience. Please email PR@Edmunds.com by Wednesday, May 17, 2017 letting us know if you were a new or returning customer to your dealership and if the experience was different than what you expected (easier/harder to get financed, higher/lower interest rate, etc.). Thanks for your help!
  • whiterice1whiterice1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2017 Honda Civic Touring for $25,108 before taxes and registration in San Diego, CA. The invoice price I found for my zip listed it at $25,800 so i jumped on it! Also, I bought the interior and trunk weather mats at dealer cost for a total price of $179 before tax.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Has anyone gotten more than 3000 off of msrp on a 2017 Civic?
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • huskerfan8huskerfan8 Member Posts: 10
    benjaminh said:

I'm sure it's possible on the higher trims and in the right area, Honda of tyson's corner offers 3K on their website off their higher priced trims (though they have a hefty doc fee, I've been told.)

But of course, it's supply and demand, and Civics are hot now. I wonder if things will cool off when the new Accord is released.
  • fortune007fortune007 Member Posts: 12
    Wi$e guys.

I need help in buying 2017 Honda Civic EX with Honda Sensing for zip 14221
    I got a quote of $22,000 before additional charges of
    8.75% tax
    Doc fee $75
    Others 150

Honda can finance 0.9 for less than 36 months or 1.9 over 36 months.

Pl advise if this is good price.

Thx
  • pri1011pri1011 Member Posts: 7
    Just bought a 2017 Civic EX with Sensing (wheel locks, mud guards, pinstripe and paint protection package) for $22149 out the door in the Durham, NC area. It was such a draining experience despite trying to communicate through email and all.
  • trieclipsetrieclipse Member Posts: 3

benjaminh said:

I've just been quoted $3000 off MSRP on a 2017 Touring Sedan in Southern California using the Edmunds pricing tool. Contacted the dealer and confirmed the price is valid and there doesn't seem to be any funny business. Still, this is my first time buying a car and I'm nervous that a price $1500 below invoice is too good to be true. 
  • _nijave_nijave Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017

benjaminh said:

I've just been quoted $3000 off MSRP on a 2017 Touring Sedan in Southern California using the Edmunds pricing tool. Contacted the dealer and confirmed the price is valid and there doesn't seem to be any funny business. Still, this is my first time buying a car and I'm nervous that a price $1500 below invoice is too good to be true. 
    Check if that's out the door price or there are other fees including (delivery/handing, doc fees, etc). They could be quoting "cash price" or "dealer price" before they tack on another 1-1.5k in fees.
  • _nijave_nijave Member Posts: 2
    Civic EX-T Sedan from Lindsay Honda in Columbus, OH.

20,247.44 Cash/base price
    + 250 doc fee
    + 1449.81 tax
    + 33.50 title/registration
    - 500 grad rebate
    = $21,480.75 OTD
  • warlockpiewarlockpie Member Posts: 2
    Shopping for a lease on a 2017 Civic EX without Honda Sensing 15K/36m in Chicago area 60202.

The quote I got so far is $21,232.23 out the door. Does this seem right? The lease offer with that price is $235.32. I heard there will be new offers rolling out on July 6th. Is this a good price or should I wait two weeks?
  • rulan2017rulan2017 Member Posts: 1

benjaminh said:

I'm also looking around for a touring sedan in socal. what's the lowest you've gotten so far and where may I ask? it's been hard to find the touring trim lately so the prices isn't as low as I would like it to be.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited July 2017
    $3000 off msrp is a good price on Civic Touring imho.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • zeetwentyfourzeetwentyfour Member Posts: 13
    Anyone with price info on NY area? Looking to lease a hatch. 
  • cboothe70cboothe70 Member Posts: 19
    How are you guys getting your deals? I usually find a truecar price in a competitive market, then slug it out with the local truecar dealers to try to get to that price or better. Even though it is mostly done via e-mail, I don't enjoy it.

Shopping for a 2017 Civic EX CVT Sedan with Honda Sense. DC area is showing a little over $3K off MSRP. Figured I'd start there. I'm in Florida.

Thanks!
  • carpersocarperso Member Posts: 148
    How much is good price to aim for on the coupe?
  • bernardos70bernardos70 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone gotten the 2017 Hatchback Sports Touring? Were you able to get a deal?
  • chu12345chu12345 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a Honda Civic Coupe 2017 Ex-T in black out the door price for 22,052.8
    Sale Price: 19,950
    Documentary: 80.00
    State & Local Taxes: 1843.53
    License & Fees 278.85
    Didn't get any free things, services, or additional alarm/insurance.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    chu12345 said:

I just bought a Honda Civic Coupe 2017 Ex-T in black out the door price for 22,052.8
    Sale Price: 19,950
    Documentary: 80.00
    State & Local Taxes: 1843.53
    License & Fees 278.85
    Didn't get any free things, services, or additional alarm/insurance.

Congrats! Looks like a solid deal. What was the original MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• chucho76chucho76 Member Posts: 16
    What is the average price paid in Las Vegas NV for
    A Civic sedan cvt EX 2017 and civic hatchback sport manual 2017? Thx
  • betho83betho83 Member Posts: 1
    chucho76 said:

What is the average price paid in Las Vegas NV for
    A Civic sedan cvt EX 2017 and civic hatchback sport manual 2017? Thx

I'm picking up a Sonic Grey Civic Sport M/T next week. We had two payments left on our CR-V lease and our inspection came out with $0 owed, so we figured we would see what our local dealer could offer. I'm a repeat customer and worked with the same salesman, and fought tooth and nail for my deal.

Here's how it went:

I wanted a Sport M/T in Sonic Gray. Not easy to find and it's too late in the year to order a 2017 from the factory (or so they said; I didn't buy it, but whatever). The dealer did have a black and a red one slated to come on the lot in the next month. I was on the fence about another red civic (I had a 2009 Si Sedan in Ralleye Red) but I loved the sleeper look of the Sonic Gray. They located one at their sister dealership that they could dealer trade for, so we started negotiating.

They knocked $1800 off MSRP right off the bat...bringing it to $20,793 (MSRP included $875 destination and $233 VIN Etching as the price seemed to start over MSRP at $22,575). I was looking to buy this time, so I had to take taxes and fees into account. I told them I didn't want to pay over $20,000, and had payments in mind under $350/mo 60 months with zero down. They came back at $20,500. I said to chop the VIN etching and that I was ready to talk OTD pricing. $21,000 OTD was my offer. They came back at $22,000. I told them I'd come back in December when my lease is up as we were in no hurry to buy.

Final deal came around; $21,500 OTD with $500 down and they would take my lease back early and cover the $505 in payments left (probably absorbed by Honda Financial). I don't know what the final selling price of the car is yet, so I'll update you after I sign final paperwork.

Here was the kicker. They didn't tell me where the car was coming from and the key point that they were sending a driver to drive it here....to the tune of 350+ miles being put on my brand new Civic. This changed the game for me and I was not happy. Then they tell me they can't do 0.9% as they promised the day before...but only 1.79%. I said it wasn't going to happen. Then I find out that the car is already being driven from dealership A to dealership B (the sister dealership), so the car already will have 240 miles on it before it makes its' way here from Indiana (another 200-300 miles). At this point I'm LIVID. I told them that they keep my payment at $354 (as we agreed) for 60 months and they put the Civic on a trailer and transport it here or the deal is off. Salesman came back and said they didn't know how they would do it but they would do it. I told them if I see a penny above $21,000 on that bottom line on the contract at signing, I was going to walk. I had already put my $500 deposit down.

So at the end of the day, my estimation is that the actual car price will fall in the mid to high $19k range, as we have 5% tax and title and license/doc fees will eat up another $400-$500. Will keep you posted after I have her (or don't!) ;-)

• deanadelucdeanadeluc Member Posts: 2
    I am currently in the market now for a Honda CV LX(without sensing).
    It seems that most of my offers(through emailing dealerships and through edmunds.com) Have common annoyingly at roughly the same price- between 18400-18800.

This supposed to be a great price. Truevalue comes in at this price, but there are getting the 2018s in close to a month from now.

Oh, however, one came in at 17890 and 2 dealer I contacted to help me beat that price said 'it was too good to be true' and that ' they would tack on extras when I get there'. This got me nervous, but they could be also playing me.

MSRP is at 20415 for this. I can still wait, but then again the .9% financing expire soon.
    Does anyone think what I getting is a deal or should I wait longer? (I can)

I am currently in the market now for a Honda CV LX(without sensing).
    It seems that most of my offers(through emailing dealerships and through edmunds.com) Have common annoyingly at roughly the same price- between 18400-18800.

This supposed to be a great price. Truevalue comes in at this price, but there are getting the 2018s in close to a month from now.

Oh, however, one came in at 17890 and 2 dealer I contacted to help me beat that price said 'it was too good to be true' and that ' they would tack on extras when I get there'. This got me nervous, but they could be also playing me.

MSRP is at 20415 for this. I can still wait, but then again the .9% financing expire soon.
    Does anyone think what I getting is a deal or should I wait longer? (I can)

If you like the $17,900 price, why don't you contact the dealer and see if it's for real?
    If it's not, don't take it. Pretty simple. Easier than listening to another dealer that isn't willing to beat or match it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• deanadelucdeanadeluc Member Posts: 2
    Thnx kyfdx!

I have gotten email confirmation that its the price and regular fees.

Still wondering if this is really a 'great price' ($17890) though- or may I should hold out
  • brianchoibrianchoi Member Posts: 6
    is that price OTD? or sales price?