Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Toyota Tacoma Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681

Thanks for the info! Do you think the 3k down is necessary cause of my credit or can I negotiate this deal without it? 

He was not budging on the msrp price after multiple attempts. He tried to say that the price on these is actually marked up on the lot and he's giving me the msrp price like it's a deal. I'm not really trusting the dealer. 

I don't have much experience on the credit side. If you really are Tier 9, then the downpayment may be necessary. Maybe, shop another dealer and see what they say?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mbabs311mbabs311 Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2017
    Looking for latest May MF and residuals in Kansas. 

Tacoma TRD sport crew cab 4x4, short box. Tow package if that changes anything. 3yr/36k.

Thanks so much. 
    mbabs311 said:

Looking for latest May MF and residuals in Kansas. 

Tacoma TRD sport crew cab 4x4, short box. Tow package if that changes anything. 3yr/36k.

Thanks so much. 

.00220 MF and 73%/70% residual for MT/AT.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• efalk527efalk527 Member Posts: 48
    Hello, looking for some information on current Toyota lease offers in southeast Pennsylvania.

36 months / 12k per year

TRD Sport Double Cab (4WD)
    TRD Offroad Double Cab (4WD)

What does 15k per year do to the residual?

Any information on security deposits, i.e. how much one can buy down the MF?

Local dealer has something like 27 Tacos on the lot right now with some level of mark down from MSRP on each ("real market pricing").

Thanks in advance!!!
    efalk527 said:

Hello, looking for some information on current Toyota lease offers in southeast Pennsylvania.

36 months / 12k per year

Local dealer has something like 27 Tacos on the lot right now with some level of mark down from MSRP on each ("real market pricing").

Thanks in advance!!!

73%/74% residual for Sport/Offroad, assuming manual transmission.
    Subtract 3% for Automatic
    Subtract 2% for 15K/yr.
    .00220 MF

Toyota does have an MSD program. 9 deposits X .00008 reduction, each = .00072 total reduction.
    It isn't widely used, and many dealers may not have heard of it, or be willing to use it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

36 months / 12k per year

Thanks in advance!!!

Subtract 2% for 15K/yr.
    .00220 MF

Toyota does have an MSD program. 9 deposits X .00008 reduction, each = .00072 total reduction.
    It isn't widely used, and many dealers may not have heard of it, or be willing to use it.

Great, thanks for the breakdown of costs. 

On the MSD program, how are the deposits calculated?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,955
    efalk527 said:

kyfdx said:

efalk527 said:

36 months / 12k per year

Thanks in advance!!!

Subtract 2% for 15K/yr.

.00220 MF

Each MSD is the monthly payment rounded up to the next highest $50.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

efalk527 said:

kyfdx said:

efalk527 said:

36 months / 12k per year

Thanks in advance!!!

Subtract 2% for 15K/yr.

.00220 MF

If the amount of each deposit is based on the monthly payment, is that based on the final negotiated cap cost?

Example: $35k cap cost gives a payment of $399, round up to next $50 is $400 per deposit.

At $400 each, 9 MSDs is $3600, but would save $50 per month which is $1800 of the life of the lease. That's a 50% return over 3 years. Seems like a no brainer if you can afford to outlay that cash in the beginning.
    efalk527 said:

Michaell said:

efalk527 said:

kyfdx said:

efalk527 said:

36 months / 12k per year

Thanks in advance!!!

Subtract 2% for 15K/yr.

.00220 MF

If the amount of each deposit is based on the monthly payment, is that based on the final negotiated cap cost?

Example: $35k cap cost gives a payment of $399, round up to next $50 is $400 per deposit.

At $400 each, 9 MSDs is $3600, but would save $50 per month which is $1800 of the life of the lease. That's a 50% return over 3 years. Seems like a no brainer if you can afford to outlay that cash in the beginning.

Let's return to high school - can you show your work? :smile:

$50/mo is a big savings per month with MSD.

But, 30-40% returns are pretty typical over the lease term. Don't see many investments making 10% or more annually.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

efalk527 said:

Michaell said:

efalk527 said:

kyfdx said:

efalk527 said:

36 months / 12k per year

Thanks in advance!!!

Subtract 2% for 15K/yr.

.00220 MF

But, 30-40% returns are pretty typical over the lease term. Don't see many investments making 10% or more annually.

MSRP: $35,113
    Adj. Cap Cost: $34,716 ("True Market Price" of $33,816+ $900 fees)
    Rent Charge Savings with a 0.00072 MF Reduction: ($35,113+$33,816)*0.00072= $50.40
    efalk527 said:

Michaell said:

efalk527 said:

Michaell said:

efalk527 said:

kyfdx said:

efalk527 said:

36 months / 12k per year

Thanks in advance!!!

Subtract 2% for 15K/yr.

.00220 MF

MSRP: $35,113
    Adj. Cap Cost: $34,716 ("True Market Price" of $33,816+ $900 fees)
    Rent Charge Savings with a 0.00072 MF Reduction: ($35,113+$33,816)*0.00072= $50.40

That's correct.

16.67% annual after-tax return.

As noted, hard to beat that type of return on your $3600.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rfsig27rfsig27 Member Posts: 8
    Hey thanks in advance for the help!!!

im in New York and looking for the current residual and money factor on a 2017 TRD pro
    also, sticker is just shy of 45k... what would you think my best case scenario would be for a negotiated sell price... I know they don't budge much on the Tacoma and probably even less on the TRD pro but what's your opinion? Thanks again!! 
    rfsig27 said:

Hey thanks in advance for the help!!!

im in New York and looking for the current residual and money factor on a 2017 TRD pro
    also, sticker is just shy of 45k... what would you think my best case scenario would be for a negotiated sell price... I know they don't budge much on the Tacoma and probably even less on the TRD pro but what's your opinion? Thanks again!! 

.00220 MF and 66% residual for 36/15.

Can't help with pricing. Read back a few pages and see what other shoppers are saying.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• themtnsthemtns Member Posts: 1
    Could I get a few numbers on:

2017 SR5 and TRD off-road Double Cab/Long Bed 4x4 Auto in Idaho for 36/10k as well as 36/12k?

Thank you in advance. I do appreciate it.
    themtns said:

Could I get a few numbers on:

2017 SR5 and TRD off-road Double Cab/Long Bed 4x4 Auto in Idaho for 36/10k as well as 36/12k?

Thank you in advance. I do appreciate it.

71%/70% residual for SR5/TRD for 36/12
    No 10K/yr offered by TFS.
    .00220 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Just leased a new Tacoma. Thanks to all that share information. Knowledge is very powerful when negotiating your vehicle transaction. 

So for my contribution I would like to note that my dealership swung a lower MF. For kansas it should be .0022. I got .0018 with no security deposits. Had I used MSD they still would have dropped the MF by the same .00008 each. In the end that lower MF saves about $30 a month, about $1000 over the lease term. 

I chatted with the guy doing my paper work after the deal was done. He made it sound like Toyota will grant a few favors to a high volume dealerships every month to help reel in a sale. So I got lucky by sticking to my guns and the price I wanted. YMMV. But everything is negotiable when you have a motivated seller. 
    mbabs311 said:

Just leased a new Tacoma. Thanks to all that share information. Knowledge is very powerful when negotiating your vehicle transaction. 

So for my contribution I would like to note that my dealership swung a lower MF. For kansas it should be .0022. I got .0018 with no security deposits. Had I used MSD they still would have dropped the MF by the same .00008 each. In the end that lower MF saves about $30 a month, about $1000 over the lease term. 

I chatted with the guy doing my paper work after the deal was done. He made it sound like Toyota will grant a few favors to a high volume dealerships every month to help reel in a sale. So I got lucky by sticking to my guns and the price I wanted. YMMV. But everything is negotiable when you have a motivated seller. 

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• usmcflyrusmcflyr Member Posts: 6
    Just spoke to a dealer in N. Texas about leasing a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road... MSRP 39k. I was a bit shocked by the monthly lease payment he quoted me... I asked what MF he was using and he gave .0038 assuming "Good" credit... told me that "Excellent" credit wouldn't make a significant difference. Does this seem abnormally high? He told me that number doesn't change and there are virtually no incentives for Tacomas.

The lease payments where almost equal to a monthly payment on a financed purchase for the same truck... didn't make a lot of sense.
    usmcflyr said:

Just spoke to a dealer in N. Texas about leasing a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road... MSRP 39k. I was a bit shocked by the monthly lease payment he quoted me... I asked what MF he was using and he gave .0038 assuming "Good" credit... told me that "Excellent" credit wouldn't make a significant difference. Does this seem abnormally high? He told me that number doesn't change and there are virtually no incentives for Tacomas.

The lease payments where almost equal to a monthly payment on a financed purchase for the same truck... didn't make a lot of sense.

Massive markup on the money factor, regardless of what they say.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yeah that MF is absurd. FWIW I started at mid 500s a month and got to 407 only paying the acquisition fee, dealer fee and 1st month. MSRP of 41k +.

Research edmunds and true car pricing. No reason not to get at least 6-7% off MSRP. If not find a new dealer. 
    Thanks for the replies... that's what I was thinking... the monthly payments were almost mid 600's with $1,000 down. Practically the same as financing the purchase for 72
    mbabs311 said:

Yeah that MF is absurd. FWIW I started at mid 500s a month and got to 407 only paying the acquisition fee, dealer fee and 1st month. MSRP of 41k +.

Research edmunds and true car pricing. No reason not to get at least 6-7% off MSRP. If not find a new dealer. 

With those figures I would've walked away with a new Tacoma... my target is between 400-450/month for a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road. I guess I need a few tips on how to talk them down to my range, but mid 600's wasn't even a starting point for me.
    usmcflyr said:

mbabs311 said:

With those figures I would've walked away with a new Tacoma... my target is between 400-450/month for a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road. I guess I need a few tips on how to talk them down to my range, but mid 600's wasn't even a starting point for me.
    Try more than one dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I got a call from the dealer last night who offered me a lease at .0038 he ran new numbers at .0028 and told me the previous .0038 figure was a simple type-o. Are MF numbers negotiable? Are they set in stone based on a credit score?
    mbabs311 said:

Did you roll over all your taxes into the lease? License title and registration?

edited May 2017

usmcflyr said:

Did you roll over all your taxes into the lease? License title and registration?

See my posts above. I paid acq fee, and dealer fee up front. I'll pay registration whenever I get to the DMV. 

To your other question on MF.  I was able to get mine down some from the .0022. MF seems to varry some by state but .0022 seems to be the norm this month assuming good credit. 
    usmcflyr said:

I got a call from the dealer last night who offered me a lease at .0038 he ran new numbers at .0028 and told me the previous .0038 figure was a simple type-o. Are MF numbers negotiable? Are they set in stone based on a credit score?

TFS gives them a base number.. They can attempt to mark it up for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    PHX, Tacoma SR5, Double Cab, 4X2, 12/36, 12/24. Thanks

PHX, Tacoma SR5, Double Cab, 4X2, 12/36, 12/24. Thanks

78%/72% residual for 4-cylinder
    Subtract 1% if V-6.
    .00220 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

When it comes to MF... what is "Good" credit? 800+ 700+?
    usmcflyr said:

When it comes to MF... what is "Good" credit? 800+ 700+?

I think Tier 1+ for Toyota is 740+

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• robertgutherrobertguther Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017

Hello, Toyota has this offer. What can I expect to actually pay taking into consideration tax, tag, registration, title? Tier 1 credit in south east.

Thanks!
  • based01based01 Member Posts: 2
    Can someone please help me with the numbers for a Tacoma TRD off-road 4x2. Also this is for Long Beach. California. Thank you in advance.

Hello, Toyota has this offer. What can I expect to actually pay taking into consideration tax, tag, registration, title? Tier 1 credit in south east.

Thanks!

We don't have any information for SE Toyota, but if you tell us your state and tax rate, we can probably estimate the difference.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

based01 said:

Can someone please help me with the numbers for a Tacoma TRD off-road 4x2. Also this is for Long Beach. California. Thank you in advance.

.00220 MF and 69% residual for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• based01based01 Member Posts: 2
    .00220 MF and 69% residual for 36/15

Thank you!

• lordsharklordshark Member Posts: 4
    Looking for RV and MF for TRD Pro and TRD Sport Double Cab and Limited for 36/12 in MA please. Thank you
    lordshark said:

Looking for RV and MF for TRD Pro and TRD Sport Double Cab and Limited for 36/12 in MA please. Thank you

Stick shift or automatic?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lordsharklordshark Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:

lordshark said:

Automatic please.
    lordshark said:

Michaell said:

lordshark said:

Automatic please.
    .00220 and 68% (TRD Pro), 70% (TRD Sport) or 69% (Ltd)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• trev4vistrev4vis Member Posts: 17
    Hello. Could I get numbers for a 2017 Tacoma, SR, Double cab, 4x4, v6, Auto.. 36/12... Nor Cal 95678
    trev4vis said:

Hello. Could I get numbers for a 2017 Tacoma, SR, Double cab, 4x4, v6, Auto.. 36/12... Nor Cal 95678

72% and .00220

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• trev4vistrev4vis Member Posts: 17

Michaell said:

72% and .00220

Thank you! How many Security deposits does toyota let you do? How much does each one lower the money factor? 
    trev4vis said:

Michaell said:

trev4vis said:

72% and .00220

Thank you! How many Security deposits does toyota let you do? How much does each one lower the money factor? 

From other posters, we think it's max 9 MSD, each of which lower the MF by .00008 (.00072 total reduction)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rwp1113rwp1113 Member Posts: 21
    Looking for Money Factor and Residual for Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab V6 4x4 Manual trans. Also, Tacoma TRD Sport Access cab v6 4x4 Manual trans. 40505 zip. Thank you.
    rwp1113 said:

Looking for Money Factor and Residual for Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab V6 4x4 Manual trans. Also, Tacoma TRD Sport Access cab v6 4x4 Manual trans. 40505 zip. Thank you.

Double Cab: .00220 MF and 71% residual for 36/15

Access Cab: 67% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tacomamanfltacomamanfl Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Hi. Thanks for providing such great info here. I am trying to negotiate my first lease and could use some help. All negotiations were done via email, as the dealer is an hour away (Tampa, Florida). These are the terms I was quoted for 36/12 on a '17 Tacoma Off Road 4x4 Manual Transmission.

Sale Price: $31,650.00
    MSRP: $35,893.00
    Due at Delivery: $2,494.23
    Monthly Payment: $257.73
    Residual: $27,278 (76%)
    MF: 0.00205 (with 740 credit)

Everything looks good, but the Residual seems high compared to others. Any advice?

Hi. Thanks for providing such great info here. I am trying to negotiate my first lease and could use some help. All negotiations were done via email, as the dealer is an hour away (Tampa, Florida). These are the terms I was quoted for 36/12 on a '17 Tacoma Off Road 4x4 Manual Transmission.

Sale Price: $31,650.00
    MSRP: $35,893.00
    Due at Delivery: $2,494.23
    Monthly Payment: $257.73
    Residual: $27,278 (76%)
    MF: 0.00205 (with 740 credit)

Everything looks good, but the Residual seems high compared to others. Any advice?

We don't have the numbers for SE Toyota, but those look to be in line.

Tacoma residuals are crazy high; and, the dealer cannot modify the residual value - it's set by the bank

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tacomamanfltacomamanfl Member Posts: 2
    Thank you, Michaell!
  • chotas82chotas82 Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2017
    Hello,
    Can you advise MF & RV for 36/10, 36/12, 36/15 on 2017 Tacoma SR Access Cab Long Bed AWD in NJ ?
    Thank you,
    Alex