Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevy Express won't start.

smokediver351smokediver351 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2017 in Chevrolet

I have a 2000 Chevy Express. I have had problems with the van intermittently not starting. If the key was turned to the on position, dash lights and radio would work. No apparent battery issues. The van just would not turn over. If the starter was bumped, it would usually start after 10-15 tries. It might be a week before the issue would occur again. I removed the starter to check the connections. I replaced the starter because one of the wiring posts was corroded, and broke upon being loosened. Now, the new starter is installed and it will not turn over. When I turn the key to the on position, the radio will turn on, but no dash lights will turn on. Battery connections, and starter connections have been double checked. I don't believe that is the issue. I'm a parts bolt on guy on a budget (not a mechanic). This one is beyond me. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    grant123grant123 Member Posts: 1
    Did you resolve this issue. We are having the same problem. Replaced starter then battery. Before we replaced the starter it would start but starter kept running, even when ignition was off.