Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - 2018 Audi Q5 - Wait or custom order to my preference?

carman2020carman2020 Member Posts: 2
edited May 2017 in Audi
Test drove the 18 Audi Q5 and LOVE it. The interior is beautiful and the ride is amazing. I want to purchase the car and have two questions:
  1. What is a reasonable amount off of MSRP that I can negotiate? I hear it is 6%, is that correct? Can you go more?
  2. None of the Q5s on dealer lots are equipped the way I'd like. I just want a Q5 with Premium Plus package, nothing else. Most dealers price their Q5's with Premium Plus at $53K because many of them have the Navigation Package, which for $2,600, is excessive for something I won't get much utility out of. Same with upgraded wheels, etc. Should I wait until there's more inventory and see if there's something closer to what I'm looking for? Or do I just submit a custom order? If so, how long would that take?

I know this is a lot of questions but this is a big purchase and I want to make sure I do it right. I usually lease cars so this will be the first time I plan on purchasing and keeping the car for 5+ years. So I REALLY appreciate your advice and input! Thank you!

Best Answers

Answers

• derprofiderprofi Member Posts: 250
    edited May 2017
    A coworker just picked up a 2018 Q5 Premium Plus a few days ago and says he got it for $250 under invoice.