Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Toyota Venza gas consumption

646toton1646toton1 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2017 in Toyota
A year ago I bought a 2013 toyota venza v6 limited AWD with 18,000 miles.This car runs great but, recently I start to noted that I was only getting around 210 miles per tank( 210m/14.7g=14.2mpg) My tires pressure are 32 I just changed my air filter but still getting low mpg. This car has a fuel consumption apps, I never had used it. The app shows the best fuel consumption was 20.8 mpg in 11/25/2013. I had noted that when a reset my computer average
MPG to zero it will get up to 30 mpg in the short trip highway but when I get back to the city is start
to slowly go down as much to 14 mpg and even If I go back to the highway I'm lucky if I can get 20 mpg,
the only way to raise it up again is resetting it back to zero, doing this I was able to create a better
fuel consumption to 21.8 mpg in 9/17/20169 (no A/C, very careful aceleration) Any suggestions do I have a bad computer? I will appreciate anything that help me with this issue. I actualy have 25,503 miles

Comments

• compmancompman Member Posts: 26
    I have a 2010 Venza v6 FWD. I was getting around 16mpg until I inflated my tires up to about 38psi. A little stiffer ride, but over time I was able to get the overall mileage up to around 18+. Just don't overinflate (40+), because your tires will wear down faster, causing you to have to buy new tires quicker lol. I started a new job that has me taking the highway for a majority of the commute, and my mileage has crept up to 19.1mpg.