Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

A Tale of Two Service Centers - 2016 Tesla Model X Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2017 in Tesla
imageA Tale of Two Service Centers - 2016 Tesla Model X Long-Term Road Test

The 2016 Tesla Model X needed some TLC, so we made an appointment at our closest dealer. After some ups and downs, we ended up 8 miles away at another Tesla location.

Read the full story here

Comments

• dldavedldave Member Posts: 46
    What an incredible difference in service between the two locations. Having such a nice experience like that makes you want to buy/lease another car from them.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Wow, that certainly shows that Tesla cares and takes care of everything for you. To me, it also brings to light the concerns I'd have if I had the money to buy a Model 3. If there is a TWO WEEK waiting time to get your car serviced right now before the first Model 3 ships out, how long do you think the wait will be once hundreds of thousands of them get on the road? My bet is that you'll drop it off, get a loaner and have to wait 2-3 months to get your car fixed and maybe longer if its a more complex issue.
  • yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234

My bet is that you'll drop it off, get a loaner and have to wait 2-3 months to get your car fixed and maybe longer if its a more complex issue.

If they had concierge pickup/drop off, I wouldn't mind at all. Fewer miles on my personal car and essentially zero hassle.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Many of us have no choices for service. There is only one service center in state of Indiana. Over 6 1/2 million people and one Tesla service center. Well, it's only 144 mile drive to get to the service center so I have that going for me.
  • modelsinboisemodelsinboise Member Posts: 1
    I have had nothing but great service experiences for the past 4.5 years of Model S ownership. Portland OR and Salt Lake City Service centers and their personnel have made owning a Model S over 300 miles from the closest service center possible and a pleasure. They have been professional, respectful, competent, responsive and dependable.
  • johnfranklin1johnfranklin1 Member Posts: 1
    I just had my annual service at the Dedham, MA location and left with a "Tesla High". Everyone I interacted with thanked me for owning a Tesla, technicians were super polite/cool, received text updates every few hours and so on. LOVE this car and this company!