Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Care worth it on a lease?

gypo421gypo421 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Audi
Thinking of leasing a 2017 Audi A4, however I was curious if audi care was worth it on a 36/12 lease? The dealer informed me that it isnt worth it on a lease since the first service is complimentary (at 5k), leaving only two services left on the lease, which the dealer estimated to be about ~$350 total for service...

What are your takes on it? Better to not get audi care and negotiate a lower price or is audi care still worthy? I know it increases residual by 1%.. just unsure if its worth it on a lease..

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,095
    gypo421 said:

Thinking of leasing a 2017 Audi A4, however I was curious if audi care was worth it on a 36/12 lease? The dealer informed me that it isnt worth it on a lease since the first service is complimentary (at 5k), leaving only two services left on the lease, which the dealer estimated to be about ~$350 total for service...

What are your takes on it? Better to not get audi care and negotiate a lower price or is audi care still worthy? I know it increases residual by 1%.. just unsure if its worth it on a lease..

The dealer is wrong. The price is $849. If you lease a $45K MSRP car, that 1% bump in the residual reduces your cost by $450. That's $399 net cost to you. Not sure if you've ever paid for service at a European auto dealer, but you won't get out for $200 per service.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gypo421gypo421 Member Posts: 2
    That makes perfect sense.. just weird why he would discourage me to get it... im still negotiating the price, but he does know I want to lease the vehicle
    gypo421 said:

That makes perfect sense.. just weird why he would discourage me to get it... im still negotiating the price, but he does know I want to lease the vehicle

Some salespeople are loathe to suggest anything that raises the lease payment. Even if it saves you money in the long run.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    Audi provides the first year's service for free. Therefore, you would pay $849 for two years of maintenance. On a lease, paying $849 for Audi care is not wise.

Now, if the dealer offered it at $400, not sure if the dealer is allowed to do this by Audi, it may make sense.
    karhill1 said:

Audi provides the first year's service for free. Therefore, you would pay $849 for two years of maintenance. On a lease, paying $849 for Audi care is not wise.

Now, if the dealer offered it at $400, not sure if the dealer is allowed to do this by Audi, it may make sense.

Adding AudiCare on a lease raises the residual by 1%. So, on a $50K MSRP vehicle, your actual cost is $349. What say you now? ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bananaminionbananaminion Member Posts: 49
    Is Audi Care still worth on 2020 models? Does Audi still cover first year's (or first 10k) service for free?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252

Is Audi Care still worth on 2020 models? Does Audi still cover first year's (or first 10k) service for free?

Adding AudiCare adds 1% to the residual, so cuts the effective price by 1% of the MSRP of the vehicle you are adding it to.

Absolutely worth it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bananaminionbananaminion Member Posts: 49
    Michaell said:

Adding AudiCare adds 1% to the residual, so cuts the effective price by 1% of the MSRP of the vehicle you are adding it to.

Absolutely worth it.
    Do you know if Audi still covers the first 10k service for free on 2020 models? Looks like they revise the Audi Care plans.

I put <40k miles on a 3 years lease. If the 10k service is covered for free no matter what, then the $999 Audi care will only good on the 20k and 30k two services?

Michaell said:

Absolutely worth it.
    Do you know if Audi still covers the first 10k service for free on 2020 models? Looks like they revise the Audi Care plans.

I put
    Your cost on a lease won't be $999, if it increases the residual by 1%. On an A4, that's at least $400, right? That takes your cost down to $600.

Don't have the answer to the first service question.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• babaseenbabaseen Member Posts: 1
    FYI: Audi does NOT cover the first 10k service for free on 2020 models.
  • autofan10autofan10 Member Posts: 11
    What is cost for Audi care for 36 month lease of 2021 Q3?
    autofan10 said:

What is cost for Audi care for 36 month lease of 2021 Q3?

$899 is list price

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator