Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - MF and Residual for 2017 XLT and Limited Explorer in San Antonio, TX?

tdavis15tdavis15 Member Posts: 8
edited May 2017 in Ford
I have been pricing lease on Ford.com and the payments I am getting from the dealer are a lot higher. I am getting the vehicle for D Plan so my net cap cost is a lot lower than MSRP so I am trying to find out where I am off from dealer.

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    tdavis15 said:

I have been pricing lease on Ford.com and the payments I am getting from the dealer are a lot higher. I am getting the vehicle for D Plan so my net cap cost is a lot lower than MSRP so I am trying to find out where I am off from dealer.

What term and mileage?
    FWD or AWD?

Texas taxes the full selling price, even on a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tdavis15tdavis15 Member Posts: 8
    36 month 10500 miles and FWD on 2017Limited Explorer.
    tdavis15 said:

36 month 10500 miles and FWD on 2017Limited Explorer.

0.50% APR and 50% residual
    $2750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

So after I figure monthly depreciation fee from sales price minus rebates plus dealer adds and then get monthly lease fee and add those together. Then take tax and divide by 36 and then add that amount to monthly depreciation fee and monthly lease fee?
    tdavis15 said:

So after I figure monthly depreciation fee from sales price minus rebates plus dealer adds and then get monthly lease fee and add those together. Then take tax and divide by 36 and then add that amount to monthly depreciation fee and monthly lease fee?

Tax is collected upfront. So add that to the CAP cost, along with dealer adds, then figure depreciation.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the help.
    Does anyone know what Ford Credit best rate is on 36, 48, and 60 retail in Texas for 2017 Ford F-150 XLT. They have extra $1250 rebate if finance through FMCC.
    tdavis15 said:

Does anyone know what Ford Credit best rate is on 36, 48, and 60 retail in Texas for 2017 Ford F-150 XLT. They have extra $1250 rebate if finance through FMCC.

0.90%, 1.90%, 2.90% APR, respectively.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

So I can get those rates plus $1250 rebate or in lieu of $1250?
    I don't know if I was clear enough, what is FMCC standard rate at 36,48, and 60 for best credit risk customer?
    edited May 2017
    tdavis15 said:

I don't know if I was clear enough, what is FMCC standard rate at 36,48, and 60 for best credit risk customer?

Those are the current rates.... and, yes... still eligible for the finance incentives

I don't know their standard rates, except they are a lot higher.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ok thanks.