Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 Pacifica Possible electrical issue

mrsd_114mrsd_114 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2017 in Chrysler
My 2005 Chrysler Pacifica just recently began to lose power in everything imaginable that's electric. The car starts, runs and drives but the radio, windshield wipers and outside lights won't turn on. The turn signals brake lights and reverse lights still come on. When this started my check engine light came on along with icy road light, seat belt light and brake light. Any idea if this could be fuse related or computer problems? 

Answers

• dalkas7304dalkas7304 Member Posts: 6
    YOU ARE FORTUNATE YOU HAVE A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. Bring IT TO AUTO ZONE AND THEY WILL PULL THE CODE FOR WHAT IS WRONG
  • dalkas7304dalkas7304 Member Posts: 6
    CHECK ALL FUSES IN THE VEHICLE INSIDE THE VEHICLE AND OUTSIDE WITH A FUSE TESTER, TEST YOUR MULTI FUNCTION RELAYS WITH AN OHMMETER BEFORE STARTING TO THROW MONEY INTO IT. IF YOU HAVE WATER IN THE VEHICLE YOU WILL LIKELY HAVE RELAYS BEHIND YOUR JUNCTION BOX. CHECK THOSE.
  • mrsd_114mrsd_114 Member Posts: 4
    We tested all of the fuses and they're still good. We ran a battery cable from the fuse box to the battery but that didn't work either. Car runs and drives phenomenal but I have no power to my radio, lights, air/heat or wipers. 
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    How were the fuses tested? Visually?
  • mrsd_114mrsd_114 Member Posts: 4
    With a fuse tester
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    How about fusible links? People often forget to check those.
  • pacifiarollerpacifiaroller Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have the same EXACT problem on my 2005 Chrysler Pacifia!

The car starts, runs and drives fine. The dashboard lights, break lights, and blinkers work fine! The headlights don't work, the fog lights are flashing rapidly. The radio, windshield wipers, power windows etc. DO NOT WORK.
    I am wondering if you were able to locate what was causing the issue? If so, PLEASE let me know how you fixed it!!!
    I'm leaning towards a loose connection somewhere....
  • ContessaContessa Member Posts: 1

I have a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica that I hooked up the battery cables backwards and now my power windows don't work does anybody know how to fix it