Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - Ordering an Audi from Factory

southnumasouthnuma Member Posts: 46
edited June 2017 in Audi
My dealer has advised me to order a car since we cannot find one that has what we want. However I have a couple questions?
1. We plan on leasing, do current rates and incentives lock in, or do they apply to the month when we take delivery? (factory rebate cash, loyalty)
2. They said Audi can extend our current lease while we are waiting? Is that true?

Best Answer

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    southnuma said:

My dealer has advised me to order a car since we cannot find one that has what we want. However I have a couple questions?
    1. We plan on leasing, do current rates and incentives lock in, or do they apply to the month when we take delivery? (factory rebate cash, loyalty)
    2. They said Audi can extend our current lease while we are waiting? Is that true?

1) As far as we know, you can't lock in lease rates on an Audi. Whatever rates are in force when you sign the lease. Of course, that leaves you open to money factor markups, etc, etc..
    2) Yes

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• southnumasouthnuma Member Posts: 46
    In response to 1, I could still walk away if they do not use the correct money factor though correct?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    southnuma said:

In response to 1, I could still walk away if they do not use the correct money factor though correct?

I would imagine they'll ask for a deposit to order one.

But, I'd negotiate the base money factor, in writing, before making the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• southnumasouthnuma Member Posts: 46
    I would love to negotiate the money factor, but I will not know what Audi will set it as until the month of the delivery. I guess I could just negotiate that it will be the "base rate". Thanks!