Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Free Car Maintenance Programs

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2017 in Editorial
Free Car Maintenance Programs

Some automakers entice buyers with free vehicle maintenance programs. Here's a complete comparison guide to what's covered and for how long.

Read the full story here

Comments

• clinton279clinton279 Member Posts: 1
    i was dissapointed to purchace a toyota thinking this was a good deal but you need a special cupon they send you to get your service then when you go down for your service they tell you they only change the oil every 10,000 miles for that plan an the free service ends at 25,000 miles a free two oil changes and im making my car run to long on the oil so i will be paying for proper service out of my pocket at this point i should have stuck with a us vehicle not impressed at all
  • ajmaravillaajmaravilla Member Posts: 1
    Here is a little more information on the Volvo Safe and Secure program that was available for 2010 - 2012 and some 2013 if purchased early in the year:
    http://www.volvocars.com/us/top/yourvolvo/maintenance-services/pages/safeandsecurecoverageplan.aspx
  • mjweinmjwein Member Posts: 1
    I feel I should have done more research about Toyota "no cost" maintenance. I naively accepted what the salesman was saying when he told me my 3 year lease would cost me nothing in maintenance. My 5,000 and 10,000 appointments were fine. They changed the oil and rotated the tires but when I brought it in for my 15,000, I was told my cabin filter needed to be changed and it would be $47 out of pocket. That's when I learned "no cost" doesn't mean on all maintenance, just oil changes and tire rotations. Hmmm, kind of deceiving wording if you ask me.
  • prius_envyprius_envy Member Posts: 2
    Toyota offers free scheduled maintenance for two years or 25,000 miles. Not much research needed there. Key word Scheduled! Cabin filter replacement is not scheduled at 15K miles. Synthetic Oil is not scheduled at 5000 miles, it gets changed at 10,000 miles.

Its all in the warranty and maintenance book your salesperson handed you when you bought your car.

Did I mention it's free, meaning you didn't pay for it. It's like being handed $296 after buying your car.

Wow, I can't believe people are complaining about 'Free" maintenance?

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Nothing is ever "free"! they simply roll the price into the price of the cars!